Thread: New Years resolution broken

New Years resolution broken

I was sitting on the couch thinking of going for a drive, but my thoughts went on my New Years resolution. Almost like my wife was reading my mind she said she can't see my down and out like this, and out of focus like I have been the last few weeks. Not only have I not gone for a drive but I haven't been dressing at all either.
    She told me not to worry about the resolution because she broke her diet last week already also, and she wants me to do what makes me happy and it seems like I'm miserable lately.
    She said that I had a scare and I had some time to think about the consequences of stepping out that door, and if I feel I could face the consequences if something happens she suggested I go for the drive and try to be safe. Instead of going two, three times a week to maybe control it alittle and just indulge alittle and maybe go out less.
    Well I went for a drive and it felt so great, it felt so relaxing, I felt like Popeye when he ate the can of spinach. I feel like I'm back.
    Not bad I made it three weeks,lol. I think it was easier to quit smoking then stay in.

Maria, We cannot deny who we are. New Years resolutions are only supposed to be pledged to overcome negative habits, which CDing is not. I have only successfully reached one New Years resolution, that was to stop drinking Diet Coke.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    You do know that making a resolution like that is not possible to keep. There is not one person here who hasn't tried that. And none have been able to stay away without feeling miserable at some point. You are who you are and should embrace yourself. You compared trying to stop dressing to trying to quit smoking. Smaking is bad and will kill you as I have seen many times as a nurse. Dressing is not bad and I think in many ways is good for our physical mental health, I can site many members' stories here where their dressing is giving them the incentive to stay in shape or loose weight to wear a smaller dress size. I know my dressing is making me try to stay in shape and take care of myself so, I say, dressing is healthy and a good thing for my mental and physical health.

The curse of New Year's Resolutions strikes again.

Why did you bother. Just go out and do what you want.

Banned Read only
    Happy to see you came to your senses. You should be thankful you have a supportive wife who also realizes and further tells you she saw a personality change. There is nothing wrong with your desires to wear women's clothing. What is wrong is to inflict angst upon your wife because you're trying to avoid being your natural self. Bravo for your wife knocking some sense into you.

Quitting is easy - I've done it a thousand times.

Hon, this is part of you - you wouldn't be here if it wasn't. None of us would be here, trying to figure out the hows and whys of CD'ing. Even the long-term members here are still trying to figure it out. You're not doing anything wrong, you're simply trying to do what feels right ... and CD'ing feels right.

Kudos to your super-perceptive wife. You hang onto that woman with both hands.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

TBH think of others who simply cannot go out for a drive in their own cities, once a month would be too thrilling for some of us

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I was successful in giving up regular consumption of Whale Blubber as a main course and the New Year's Resolution to not Basejump into the Grand Canyon is still in place. Giving up anything that makes me feel calm and complete is a foolish bargain from which I gain only despair.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Platinum Member
    Most NY resolutions fail....we know that. Quite possibly they fail because people set the wrong resolution . For example, weight loss...the perennial failure. Why, because it’s the wrong result. Resolve to improve health in some measurable way...like walking x steps a day, or by cutting out one small dietary indescretion. And let the weight take care of itself

so it may be with the resolve to stay in. A resolve to be cautious and safe, and as presentable as possible....those are achievable without denying yourself a basically satisfying experience.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I wanted a bra fitting, I made a New Years resolution to go and get one.

My girlfriends dressed me up and on the 2nd of January years ago I did it.

That was easy. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.