Thread: Painful Stretching

Painful Stretching

Well it isn't much, so I won't read into it, but I was happy about it nonetheless... I was complaining about being in pain from a shoulder injury, and trying to tuck my shirt into my waistband. The wife said it wasn't as bad as trying to hook a bra with a shoulder injury. I corrected her immediately and she kind of went, "Oh yeah, I forgot that you do that." about putting on a bra and knowing the difference in the pain, LOL
    It may not be acceptance, but at least she's getting over my crossdressing in some respect, she doesn't notice it on a daily basis.

I'm with you on that Barbara. It may not be acceptance, but it sure is better in some respect! My daily light-make-up routine and nails go somewhat unnoticed as they are there on that "daily basis"

Go with what we get, I guess!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Doesn't everyone hook them in front then spin them around back?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

For a while I did all of the attachments, then put it on like a t-shirt. That worked fine until I ripped one.

My wife had a horrible injury on her thumb, so for a while I had to help her put hers on. Try fastening using only one thumb.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I hook and spin, I could not even imagine trying to reach around. Barbara, I hope your shoulder heals quickly.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

hook and spin, no no no, always reach behind and hook mine together, and can now unhook it with one hand!

I hook, step in, then slide it up like panties.

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    Yep, sure do !!

Thanks for all your responses, but I admit that I'm surprised there are so many 'hook and spinners'. I've always thought that hooking up a bra behind your back was a very feminine thing to do, part of the lure of being feminine. Injury being the exception of course.

Barbara,

I'm with you. I always do a bra up behind my back. As you say it seems to be one of those feminine skills. Sure it can take a little practice but so can walking in heels and putting on makeup. I suppose the lead GG's have on most of us is they start young when they're at their most flexible and hone the skill that carries on through the years.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Hook and spin here also....but.i can unhook it behind me

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Hook and spin.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tylia View Post
    Hook and spin here also....but.i can unhook it behind me
    Yes, I can, too, Tylia. Because my left arm goes back there. But, with my messed up rite rite shoulder, that arm won't!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hook and spin for me too. After shoulder reconstruction arm ain't going back there anymore.

Flexibility for me, I suppose I am lucky, I can zip up dresses and do up long line bras.

I used to amaze my girlfriends with my ability when I was twenty.

Manly skills: Zip up my own dresses and do up my bras from the back.

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hook and spin when I was younger.... that was the "feminine way" to do it,
    but as I have gotten older...I decided that to hook and spin, like my wife does, was totally ok.
    In the end to look is the same...

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    The T shirt method works fine for me with bras. Dresses too, If I leave the zipper down a couple of inches.

Hi Barbara,

I'm a hook and spin girl too but to get back to your original point, it may not be full acceptance but it is a step in the right direction. My wife and I have had many of those moments and I enjoy it every time.

Elizabeth

I've done both the hook and spin and more lately, putting it on like a t-shirt. My right arm will no longer go that far behind me. I do remember years ago I could put one on by connecting in back the female way. I am also reminded of quite a few years ago somewhere I read that a wife had divorced her husband, a crossdresser, because she got tired of helping him fasten his bra on!
    Last edited by kathy chelan; 01-28-2018 at 05:33 PM. Reason: last 4 words got split in middle of a word

Aspiring Member
    I use both hook and spin, and fasten it from behind. I usually try fasten from behind first; with some bras, it tends to work fairly well, with others not so much. If after a few tries I don't get it, then I hook and spin. I figure fastening from behind is a feminine life skill... but alas as I get older, my flexibility and dexterity aren't what they used to be so I end up reverting to hook-and-spin more often. I find three-hook bras easier than two-hook ones for some reason.

Now girls, what do you do about zippers in the back?

Silver Member
    My mother did the hook and spin. That's how I learned as did my sisters. My girlfriend taught me to hook behind and bend over and put my boobs in the cups. Worked great. Then my arm got broken and won't rotate. Back to square one.

Hook and spin ... messed up shoulders don't give you many options on flexibility.
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

Hook and Spin for me most of the time. I have a few Racer Back bras that I hook in the back. I think I might hook in the back more if I glued my forms on but I don't the glue makes me itch and break out in a rash. Barbara hope the shoulder heels quickly.