Thread: Celebrating the mundane

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Celebrating the mundane

Over the years I've been to dinner, shows, shopping, on limo rides and clubs all dressed en femme. But today was different. I needed cleaning supplies and decided I might as well go to the home improvement store. I guess the only problem was when I was checking out I was told to have "a good day". Maybe later, but I've got floors to scrub and a new mop to dance with.

I wonder if I've been limiting my opportunities to get out and about. What is the dullest thing you've done while dressed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Lol, first thing popped into my head was get undressed.

I was painting a bedroom and wife was gone so I dressed in short shorts n my bran forms with flip flops and finished painting the room. Oh I did remember to fix my makeup also. Was the funniest time I've had painting ever.

Nothing is boring with the radio on. Life dressed on the softer side never keeps me home, there's a lot of "boring" stuff to do out there in every day life and can be quite fun in a weird kind of way. Your only as limited as you want to be. Have a nice day!!
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Probably sleeping, I think it's a total waste of time whilst dressed. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Mundane yet exciting. My first trips out as Christine usually had filling the car with gas somewhere in there. Yes, quite mundane yet my heart was pumping!

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Mowed the lawn, that's always boring but has to be done. The only time it was not was when one of my forms fell off and I almost ran it over. Lol

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    What Beverly said!!

I guess doing dishes is mundane.
    Part Time Girl

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I cleaned my oven a few days ago, the excitement never ends!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I am out to my wife, and also something of a caregiver, as her health is not the best. I dress as a woman to do the housework, cooking and laundry almost every day. So most of my time dressed is mundane. I change into drab to do errands in the afternoon, as I'm not really out to the neighbors. (Unless they are peeking in the windows.)
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Grocery shopping and it was fun being one of the many ladies doing that womanly chore.

I dress to do the household chores when my wife is out. Pretty mundane in drab mode, but somehow quite different when dressed.

Platinum Member
    Hmmmm, had to think, cause so much of my life falls in the mundane category. The most tedious may have beet tiling a bathroom counter top. But on reflection I kinda enjoyed that.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I find it fun to do the trip to the grocery or other mundane shopping en femme.
    Like Stephanie Julianna commented, I also feel like one of the ladies going about everyday business.

I suppose the most mundane thing was either grocery shopping or going to the DIY superstore for a tap washer.

However there's always that little frisson of expectation when going anywhere enfemme.

Clean the bathroom.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It's not the hose and skirts or smooth fabrics that becomes the draw or the focus of crossdressing for so many of us. I'm suggesting this idea because it shows there is so much more to presenting authentically than just getting pretty or being "sexy" for the mirror or photographs. It's just one more way to express the mental comfort that comes with digging into our identity and examining the importance of gender in who we are. So unless you are wearing the French Maid costume to do the housework, we can pretty much eliminate fetish as a driving force here.

Of course we know that, but I believe this is an under-stated component that I think should be in more of the public discussions of crossdressing or gender identity.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Bookwork.

I have done housework, painted the house, waxed the car and installed a floor.

Went to the bank; I intended to use the auto teller, but it was broken, so I had to go inside(when you need cash, you need CASH). The teller was very sweet and had no problem with how I dressed- in fact, I likely made her day.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Probably sleeping, I think it's a total waste of time whilst dressed. :-)
    I was about to post the same thing.
    Krisi

I reckon i do most of the housework whilst wearing at least something feminine, so vaccuuming is probably the most mundane part....
    Anything really messy however means being fully drab, not risking ruining my favourite things with paint etc!
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Banned Read only
    Housework in general is probably the most mundane thing I do dressed.

As someone who has lived life exclusively as a woman since 2002, I obviously do everything "dressed". But for what it's worth, when I was first making the transition to full time living, I got the greatest joy from exactly those mundane activities. Housework, grocery shopping, walking the dog, all those kinds of things were so much more meaningful to me compared to the "special"-type activities. In large part I think it's because those regular day to day tasks are more representative of real life whereas the special or one-off kinds of things don't have that same feeling of solidity, so it makes sense that the normal-life activities could carry a more lasting enjoyment, counterintuitive as it seems.