Thread: Wife noticed

Wife noticed

As many know sometimes you just lose the desire or need to dress.

For the past 3 weeks I hadn't had an urge or a desire to get all dressed up. My wife made a comment earlier this week that I seemed out of sorts. She asked what was wrong and I told her nothing, but I was a little depressed not sure why just not my normal happy self. She then asked me why I had dressed for a couple weeks and I just told her that I wasn't in the mood. She didn't tell me to put something girly on, but she noticed I was in a funky mood. Then she made the comment that I go through a mood like this a couple times a year.

I was thinking about dressing every day, but I just didn't feel like getting dressed but I do wear panties 24/7 but WE don't consider this dressing it is just my normal underwear.

Today when I went out to do our weekly shopping I did put on a bra and inserted my homemade forms (a large "A" cup) put on my normal guy clothes and grabbed my heavy coat and went out shopping. It felt right again, so I am sure I will be back to dressing. The only thing I don't dress everyday at the request of my wife, and like some know a happy wife is a happy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Happilymarriedguy View Post
    The only thing I don't dress everyday at the request of my wife, and like some know a happy wife is a happy life.
    Yeah, you sound ecstatic.

The best guideline is dress if you feel like it, don't if you don't. Sometimes you may have to modulate that a bit with figuring out why you feel the way you do, but in general just follow your heart.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    It comes, and goes. I find that while I do dress every weekend (really don't have time during the week since I work full-time) it's usually in the winter, as I'm more active in the summer months. My desire varies, as it has this winter. I think we all experience waxing and waning periods.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I have noticed the urge comes and goes. My wife has more than once mentioned this as well. What can I say, sometimes you feel girly, sometimes you don't.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Right now I'm not desiring to dress, a little under the weather. Hope not the flu coming on. Any way last night had chills when going to bed so dressed in my male lounging pants, panties and tshirt for warmth. First time in over two years I haven't won panties, bra and nightgown to bed. Had to get up in the middle of the night for bathroom duty. As sick as I felt when I looked in the mirror Yendis was looking back at me smiling in my male night cloths. Never thought about it but it kind of felt like what a GG might feels like when wearing her SO cloths. I suppose I don't NEED femine cloths to feel feminine. But they are very much enjoyable and do make me feel MORE feminine. Does that make sense?

It comes and go for me but the older I get and the less demands on my time it has been staying more constant and I have been dressing more.

I am retired but my wife is still working part time, ether three or four days a week. I have been dressing on the days she works.

If we do not have plans to do anything after she gets off work I use the scented bath shower gel, ladies deodorant ,perfume and full makeup. If we have plans to go out that night then its men's soap and no makeup but I still dress.

In the past with work etc. she would tell me sometimes you need to dress because I would also get in a funk.

My wife is very supportive. Her only request is unless its for Halloween that I don't go out. She has one concern about my dressing. We are dealing with my mother and she has dementia. My wife is worried that if I developed dementia that I would go around telling people I cross-dress. The only thing I wish my wife would do but does not is call me by my female name when I am dressed. She will ask while shopping and she sees something if Lea would like that.

Banned Read only
    It maybe your subconscious is trying to tell you that you "need" some fem time. Perhaps there is some stress going on in your life that could be diminished or made tolerable if you were to be en femme. When I am down I find "escaping" to the Stephanie side of me is therapeutic. I think your wife attitude is somewhat supportive. If she notices you're in a funk and suggests it may be due to a lack of wearing women's clothing that is insightful.

I agree that the desire to dress, for me, is kinda like nice weather in Idaho. Sometimes you have it sometimes you don't. LOL I figure its a normal part of the overall desire to dress. The dressing desire comes in waves sometimes.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Another one who's urges come and go. Seems perfectly normal to me. Kind of like when you want pancakes for breakfast but the rest of the time you're OK with corn flakes.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Like others there are times when I dress every day, others not so much. A candy bar commercial comes to mind... Some times you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.
    I developed D cup breasts due to gynecomastia from meds a few years ago. Ever since I was blessed with breasts I do feel whole, I don't have to dress. I don't consider panties and bra cross dressing. Guy underwear is as uncomfortable as uncomfortable can be. I wear micro fiber boyshorts as they are super comfortable. My bras? Without a bra my back hurts and I feel naked even wearing clothes.
    Got off track. I feel complete having feminine breasts. I haven't felt the urge in years. The urge might some day return. If it does I will already have my clothes.

It does seem to come in waves, the past few days have been in partial dress, leggings, bra, t-shirt. Haven’t gone all the way with make-up etc for awhile. Did paint my nails this morning, feels nice to be a little girly!

My need to dress has never gone away, but it does ebb and flow.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    My need to dress has never gone away, but it does ebb and flow.
    I know the urge or desire comes and goes, but didn't figure my wife would ever notice.

Silver Member
    I agree the desire to dress comes and goes. When I was young and on my own I dressed most every day. I went out every day that I didn't work. If I did work I would go out with a friend and cruise the drive-ins or go to the movies as a girl. Over the years the desire to dress came and went. Now comfort is my main driver. I wear women's clothes everyday now.

My wife, too, notices my plus and minus days and will occasionally suggest I get “comfortable”. I’m always underdressed to some degree...panties. I really appreciate her support.