Thread: High Heels

High Heels

It's been a while since I wore high heels all day. Today I had some time to dress and wear my 5" platforms for 3 hrs with my new dress. Now my legs are killing me. I used to wear high heels all day with no problem. I must be out of practice or just and to old to wear them. I may need to go to a lower heel shoe.

Does any of you older ladies find that wearing high heels gets hard with age? I'm 70
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Yes , Glenda. At 63, with some physical limitations-not able to go too far in anything over 3.5 high. Also being "out-of-practice" hurts -- so if dressing opportunities are infrequent---maybe start out lower. Toni G..

Yes, I have noticed my legs aching after wearing heels but because of my age 73, I forgot why my legs hurt!!
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Banned Read only
    Yep, I'm 70 also. I don't want to end up with permanent damage to my legs and feet. I do have two pairs of five inch heels that were advertised as a lesser height. I can wear them but I feel as if I am going to topple over. I have some four inch heels which do give me some strain. I do fine with 3 1/2 inch heels. I can wear them all day with no ill effects. Very comfortable. I do not see the allure of wearing towering heels. I see them in some photo shoots with models and it looks almost like they are ballerinas on their toes. That really has to be damaging if worn any length of time. I'll go with the warning from podiatrists.

The other thing that changes with age is the sensitivity of the propriocetors (those little nerve endings) in the feet that help with balance. I have had to stay with 4” or lower because of the balance issue.

I have noticed thst I lose flexibility as I age. But I am driven to wear the highest heels, so I just walk less in them. Wearing means having them on, not walking in them for hours.

Reality Check
    If you don't wear heels for a while, your calves and legs will hurt after wearing them. Wear heels on a regular basis and they will stop hurting as your muscles become accustomed to it.
    Krisi

I’ve experienced the same discomfort to the point that I now only have four pairs of 3” heels. The rest are flats or 2” heels which I can wear all day with no discomfort. I’m not sure, but I don’t think, men, generally, by the construction of the male foot, were meant to wear very high heels. My wife said, even for her, when she wore high heels, it took some time to adjust and she always experienced foot and leg discomfort. With our relaxed fashions, she hasn’t worn high heels for a long time. Nor does she wear hose...maybe knee highs. I asked my wealthy podiatrist-friend how he got his wealth. His instant reply was, “High heels”. ��
    Last edited by Pat; 01-29-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: No need to repeat the block of content to change a word or phrase -- just edit it.

I have had muscle pain in my calves for about a week, which coincidentally when I started wearing high heels again after about a month without. I guess there is some truth about the saying that if you don't use it, you'll lose it!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

And just think: back in the 17th century, high heels were originally worn by men for riding and full-dress occasions, like balls and banquets. Now here we are, continuing the tradition, but with sexier heels!
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

I feel a bit of pain in the front of the feet with 4 1/2 in heels, but it gets better when using them daily.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Wow 5 inch heels, I wish I could. 4 inch heels is my absolute limit. Yes when wearing heels for several hours there is plenty of pain.

I’m of the opinion that the more you wear them the more comfortable they are to wear over longer periods. I don’t get to dress too often but I personally love hers so for me it’s worth the discomfort. 🤗

I'm 68 and have no problems wearing my highest heels. I do keep my legs in shape though by elliptical and walking. I really think if the calfs of the legs and the feet are in shape one can handle the heels easier.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Krisi said it well regarding wearing high heels on a regular basis.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Does any of you older ladies find that wearing high heels gets hard with age? I'm 70
    Ummm, yeah! You rarely see women wearing five inch platform heels, except maybe the 20 year olds at a club or working the street. Save them for the photo sessions and get some three inch heels that you can actually walk in.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by NancySue View Post
    I’m not sure, but I don’t think, men, generally, by the construction of the male foot, were meant to wear very high heels.��
    I remember seeing a study done at MIT many years ago; it made the rounds of several of the sites and forums.
    It was fairly technical, but the gist of it was that it had more to do with the hips of genetic females than the feet.

The fact that it comes down to bone structure explains why a young tom boyish girl could go from wearing boots and working on the farm to buying a pair of high heels for the prom and after wearing them for a just a day or so could walk and dance in them and look natural.
    It at the same time explains why a male has to wear them for weeks and months practicing religiously for hours on end to look even remotely natural.

Due to my living situation I haven't been in my 4 inchers much at all for the last couple of years, and know I would suffer some muscle strain if I did get any real amount of time in them.

Another thing to think about.......like any form of exercise (which this is in many ways) stretching before hand would go a long ways in avoiding the pain.

I am 66 and I still wear high heels no problem.
    Part Time Girl

I am just about 69. I never liked sky high heels. I wear 2 to 3 inch heels all the time no problem. My feet have gotten bigger. As long as I get them large enough, Guoar from Amazon, i have no problem.

I'm 70 and still wear 3" to 4" heels comfortably throughout the day. The key (IMHO) is wearing shoes of decent quality that fit properly.

Karen

Aspiring Member
    I don't have many heels higher than about 3" and most are lower. Not because I can't wear them - it's because I'm 6' 1" and feel really self-conscious about being really tall in heels.
    I find it easier and less stressful on the leg muscles to wear wedges rather than heels though.