Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding dress photoshoot

Dreaming is half the fun.

Wedding dress photoshoot

Hi there, I've been away for some time because I just want to keep my CDing private, but I have an opportunity to do something that I've need dreaming of doing for a long time, its to have a wedding photoshoot, it will be a but expensive, but I just would love to have one of me in a wedding dress, it will take quite a bit of makeup but have any of you done something lime this? If so how did it go? Would you have some advise? I'm I'm trying to muster the courage to do it while I'm terrified inside, what do you girls think? Thanks for reading

Do it! Believe me, you'll enjoy the experience and will look back fondly for years to come. I've had at least eight bridal fittings and a bridal photo shoot and would do it again tomorrow if I could. If you have the opportunity, take advantage of it.
    Last edited by Kandi Robbins; 01-31-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Silver Member
    You don't have to have a lot of makeup, if the photographer can do retouching in photoshop or one of the other top flight programs.

Don't be terrified just do it. Sounds like it would be fun, and especially if someone else did the makeup for you. ( just a thought)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think u r very brave!
    To be honest, Alva? I would be terrified, too! With folks I didn't know around!
    Never mind the expense!

I prefer to do my wedding shoots privately. I can do outrageous things.
    And, since I buy the dresses from thrift stores for $15 to $50, I get to keep them!

IMG_1173 (3) (459x640).jpg

IMG_1226 (2) (609x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have done it differently.

I used to make appointments with bridal salons and bring my own photographer along.

These were strictly fitting to see what style of dress was suitable and we would take photos of each dress for later analysis.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks so much for the support, there’s a dress up studio in town that offers the service, the owner is very helpful and I’m trying to find a good time and day, “she” offered to do some pictures on a small park close to the studio, and all the make up and accessories, all in private, but even with all the encouragement, I don’t know if I could go through, May on the weekend, if I end up doing it may be I’ll post some picks.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I have done it differently.

I used to make appointments with bridal salons and bring my own photographer along.

These were strictly fitting to see what style of dress was suitable and we would take photos of each dress for later analysis.
    This “girl” does all, makeup provides dresses and takes the pictures, I would never go through if there was more then one person there, hopefully I can share a good experience.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Check out "First Bridal Pictures" in the Photo Forum and you will want to do it tomorrow. You are not alone about wanting to wear a bridal gown. When I did it I even had all the white lacey lingerie, garter belt and all underneath and it was heaven.

Do it. Don't let this be one of those things you look back on and say, "if only I had ...."
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

, I'm freaking out, about the whole idea, i just drove by one of the potential places to shoot some pictures and i got very scare, about the what ifs, so many things came to mind, that my heart was pounding so hard that i thought every one in the street could hear it and was staring at me, i was frozen (not the pretty type but the scared type) and of-course none of that was happening but it just felt that way, what if i fall?, if i run into some one that car recolonize? what if i dog attacks me and i end up in the hospital wearing a wedding gown and i need to call a family member or a friend? I'm a bundle of nerves right now, and I already made the appointment, i really want to do it, its just like a roller coaster.

Alma,
    Now you have made the commitment go through with it you may have stage fright but there will be plenty of help and encouragement for you.

Go girl go!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The appointment is set for Saturday, I think I’ll get some flowers for my bouquet, and some jewelry, I’m just very concerned about the final look, and my arms even though there’re not big I got some hair that just can’t remove, couldn’t begin to explain funny how the things that give us the more pleasure can be so terrifying, any advice?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Be sure to post plenty of pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Be sure to post plenty of pics.
    For sure I will, if I can make it through, I’m having nightmares about what could go wrong.....

Banned Spammer
    It will be OK those worries are all in your head.
    If you don't do it you will wish you had later on.

Wow, I would love to do this! This sounds like so much fun. If you do get a chance please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfrykowski View Post
    Wow, I would love to do this! This sounds like so much fun. If you do get a chance please let us know.
    One of the locations that The she proposed it’s in the Chinatown are, it seems to be a popular are a for couples to take wedding pictures, wich is good, but there’s always people walking by all the time, the other location it’s a park, very nice area too, but istill the same fear, some people always just walking by, the one thing that I’m so greatful is that the “girl” that offers the service has all the clothing and accessories that I may need, and will do the makeup and take the photos, “she” is so friendly, and the service it’s so complete that I almost can’t back out, well I’ll let you know how it goes, or if it does not, thank you for the support

Banned Spammer
    Honey don't worry about people being around, nobody you know is going to be there and if they were walking by they wouldn't think the bride is you because you are a man to them. OK?
    You aren't going to look like the guy you anyway you will have make up on and a wig.

You have nothing to be afraid of, in the end it will be one of the best experiences of your life. One caveat, I will warn you its addictive. I've had multiple professional photoshoots.

I have been to London to use a dressing service and have photos taken thinking I'm out of the country and safe. I have hired a boudior photographer in Las Vegas and my home town. To be honest, I used to be scared about running into people too. Now I perform burlesque en femme and my picture has made it into a local paper covering the burlesque festival, no one I know even noticed.

Relax and enjoy. You will be amazed at how much better you can look with a professional makeover and a photographer who knows what they are doing.

2006 bridal 1 small.jpg2006 bridal 2 small.jpg2009 boudior 1 small.jpg2009 boudior 2 small.jpg2016 boudoir small.jpg
    Rebecca Bas

Rebecca, you look stunning in all the photos, and if I didn't know different, I would never suspect you weren't a GG. Beautiful!

I stopped by the store today to get some flowers for my bouquet, I though about ordering it at the flower shop but I think I want take it myself, it will be that much more special,I'll post a pick when I finish it
    Last edited by almalove; 02-02-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen60 View Post
    Rebecca, you look stunning in all the photos, and if I didn't know different, I would never suspect you weren't a GG. Beautiful!
    Thanks Jen.

That's the point I was trying to make. A good makeup artist and photographer can make a world of difference. I never look like that when I do my own makeup and photography.
    Rebecca Bas

So, things didn’t workout today

Rebecca, how extraordinarily lovely you are.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by almalove View Post
    So, things didn’t workout today
    Sorry to hear that, I'm hoping you have another opportunity soon.
    Rebecca Bas