Thread: Gender Fluid

Gender Fluid

I was a crossdresser then transgender now gender fluid. I'm to old to change to be transgender which for be my wish if I was 50. But gender fluid is it. I like doing things as man but I also love dressing up and going out as a woman. Got me to thinking which would be better Man or Woman?

First a man wears jeans maybe shorts sweat shirt or a T or a POLO and Nikes to play or work in. Went going out dress slacks nice shirt or a sport coat or suit and dress shoes. No makeup and that's it How boring.

A woman wears jeans skinny tightfitting They can be boot cut, capris, shorts can be Bermuda, short short They can wear skorts . They wear Ts, tank top sleeveless top of all kinds of fabrics. This is just to play or work around. Then if they on out they can wear dress slacks and a top or skirt or dress. If the event is a evening affair they have cocktail dresses evening gowns with low cut tops with slid up the side. Plus they get to wear makeup and have their hair do up.
    Plus they don't have to wear makeup if they don't want to and still look good.

As a woman they can do anything a man can do and still dress the way they want.

So why would I want to be a man if I had to pick one.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Glenda, I cannot change a word or add another thought to your thread. I agree 100% word for word.

Silver Member
    Amen!!! Even at my advanced age dressing as a woman offers so much more than drab. When young it was so much fun to wear cute clothes.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I was taught that "variety is the spice of life". It seems that the women are getting more variety than the men are in the clothing arena. But will men wake up and want in on the action!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Makes sense to me.

If women enjoy the variety, then spice up your life and be a woman.....When it suits you. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Couldn't agree more, Glenda.

I did notice a surprisingly large amount of (Not terribly nice or high quality) men's jewellery in Top Shop the other day. Not a regular haunt but i wanted some new jeans. And there are periodic attempts by the big companies to market mens makeup (e.g. tinted moisturiser (foundation) and "guy-liner") well why wouldn't they want to double the size of their market? Im sure attitudes will gradually Change, at least in more enlightened parts of the world.

For a great "man in silk stockings " look, check out some portraits of Charles I or Louis XIV. Those puritans and roundheads have so much to answer for!
    Julia
    Last edited by Julia1984; 01-31-2018 at 04:43 AM.

Julia, You mean a guy liner isn't a cruise ship with a mans name instead of the usual womans name afterall?

Glenda,

I largely agree with everything you say. However, the description is rather idealized and superficial. Women have to put up with a lot more than men do - menstrual periods, being put down, sexual predators, and a pile of other things. In many ways, a woman's life is very different from a man's and I think as trans people of various types and configurations we need to be cognizant of these aspects of being female. That is different than being feminine. Just saying that although I am gender fluid (personally experience the various combinations of male/female - masculine/feminine) or maybe non-binary (don't experience real differences), whether I am male/masculine or male/feminine I always recognize that GG's lead different lives that involve things a GM has no real concept of. Personally, I try not to glamorize my feminine identity and always recognize that I am not a GG, no matter how feminine I am.

Platinum Member
    When I saw the title ‘gender fluid’ my first thought was ‘vodka’!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I and my counselor agree I am gender fluid. I do so enjoy feminine cloths. I also enjoy my man cloths. So for me cloths are wonderful but it's what I am inside being able to flow from one to the other. May sound strange but I can feel feminine in drab and masculine when in feminine cloths. So cloths are nice but what I have grown to love is what is inside of me, the cloths are just a plus. Hope this makes sense to you girls.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Oh Kim, Bourbon also a thought. After a few I really do look beautiful.

Labels, labels, labels.................we do we assign labels to ourselves like "crossdresser" or gender this and trans that and whatever else ? Isn't it bad enough that the "others" label us?

The trouble with gender fluid is that it can be difficult to wash out.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post
    As a woman they can do anything a man can do and still dress the way they want.
    I suppose the question to ponder is why you think only women have the freedom? Why do you deny that freedom to your male self?

The answer I came up with when I was working it out for myself was that my male self was an act; a disguise -- and I couldn't risk any action that would allow people to see past the disguise and into my true self because I was afraid. Maybe the answer is different for you -- I'm sure it's different for many, but it remains an interesting question.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    When I saw the title ‘gender fluid’ my first thought was ‘vodka’!
    Many a truth is spoke in jest.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Lol at Kimdi's remark about gender fluid as vodka.... Now that's funny.
    Glenda I think that men had all this many years ago the wealthy men wore silk almost bloomers I'm thinking. Taller heels on their shoes and most had wigs. I think I'll be long gone before it has made a full circle back to that again.
    I just was looking at panty hose on line and did a search for men's panty hose on E-Bay they already have those even with the mans part holder in front. Some look very sexy and in many different colors. Many cultures used to wear guys skirts. I just hope I live long enough to be able to. Wear my lipsticks and long nails polished without any fear because it is accepted as a male thing.
    My opinion is that's where we should be taking our fluids to acceptance is thru the big companies making men's make up and beauty products and changing the looks a little at a time.

Gretchen raises an important point. We love to put on the clothes and the makeup but that does not make us women. I like to say that I try to be the best facsimile of a woman I can be.
    My life experience is that of a male and completely different to the life experience of a woman.

Thanks Consuelo. Facsimile is a great word. But that can also apply, in a way, to those of us who mix and match. Many women effectively do that, but usually they use women's clothes to accomplish it. Problem for males is that female clothes often don't fit quite right and if you want to do the mix and match thing you have to mix and match clothes made for each sex. There aren't many clothes made for men that are feminine like red and black plaid flannel shirts made for women that give a woman a bit of a masculine look, according to social expectations. But Krisi also has a good point - remove all clothing from a male and a female, as well as makeup, etc., stand them next to each other and take a picture. What are their gender identities? They could be anything. But there is no doubt which is the male and which is the female. And you really can't switch that around. So Facsimile is perfect. Thanks.
    Last edited by GretchenM; 01-31-2018 at 01:23 PM.

to gender fluid raises glass here's to you cheers ready for another round?? I am
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

hello,
    I am me, whatever label you want to give me or whatever label I choose for myself today.
    Is an heterosexual man wearing women's' clothes "gender fluid"?
    As stated above women have much more freedom in fashion
    If I sometimes dress as a woman who likes to wear men's clothes (or women's versions of "men's" clothes) - how would society describe me?
    Perhaps the term is "gender neutral"?
    luv J

I can relate. I am a man. But I also feel like I am a woman.
    I like doing manly things, but I also like doing girlie things. My nirvana scenario is to have my wife accept me, and have all my body hair gone. That way I can be my manly self but also become my female self. I’d love for my wife to see me as her husband, manly who loves her and treats her the way she wants to but also as a girl friend, sensitive, girlie, someone she can watch a chick flick with, her her nails done, go shopping and sure why not have some intimate time.
    I’ve asked my counselor if I’m bi gender or gender fluid, she’s told me I could fit in both but she sees me more as fluid because she sees the difference in my personality when I’m dressed and when I’m not.
    xoxo,

Leah

"Man, I feel like a Woman!"