Thread: Recognized

Silver Member

Recognized

So today I had some errands to run. It was a nice day to wear a turtle neck sweater. I wore a soft cup bra under my sweater. Fem jeans and booties with 2&1/2" heels.High for me, but I didn't have a lot of walking to do. Hair was kinda fem. Among the stops was one to pay property taxes. As I was waiting I thought one of the women looked familiar, but couldn't place her. As she was waiting for her receipt she looked over at me with the "I know that person" look. She had worked at a company that I had done consulting for 20 years ago. I remembered her name and as soon as I spoke she recognized me.

She came over to talk. Back 20 years ago I didn't wear fem clothes to work. The sweater was obviously fem. She also had seen me sideways which left no doubt that I had breasts. As she came over she scanned me and I figured she would do the hug and pat the band routine. She did hug me and we did the dance to align correctly to avoid rubbing boobs, but she didn't try and check for a bra band. We talked for several minutes catching up on what the other was doing and had done since we last talked.

The interesting thing was that you never know when you will run into long lost contacts. She lived in another town 20 years ago.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have seen quite a few old friends from years ago but only have spoken to two of them and they asked when I had the "operation" LOLOL.
    I just laughed and said no operation this is just me as I should be.
    Both were fine with it so it wasn't a big deal.

I have had that problem, even another country.

The UK and the USA are prime examples.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Liz, I have run into one person who knows my male persona while dressed. Thankfully they looked right by me. Sounds like it was a non issue for you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I was out dressed the beginning of January. For me that is panties, panty hose, bra with forms D Cup with camisole under skinny jeans, flats and a blouse or sweater. I don't wear wigs or use makeup. My outer cloths are female but kind of neutral but with my D Cup you definitely tell I was wearing a bra. I was actually on my way to a counseling session. I was early so I stopped at a Sonics Drive In where they have cute young girls on roller skates bring your order to your car. All I ordered was a cup of ice tea (yes I'm from the deep south). The car hop rolls up and it's the 19 year granddaughter of a friend of mine. She recognized me and then saw what I was wearing and didn't say a word. We chatted, how's your wife etc for a little. I paid her and told her to keep the change. She started to leave but turned back with a huge smile and called my name and said "that's cool, you look nice, our secret", winked and skated of waving. I didn't have to say a word, she just accepted me no questions asked. Made me feel wonderful.

Reality Check
    There's a similar thread right now in the transsexual section.

Yes, if we don't try to disguise ourselves, we will run into people we know and many will recognize us. Some will speak, some will run home and tell their family and friends "I saw Joe at the store today and he had boobs!"

My goal (and so as to not embarrass my wife) is to not let this happen so when I'm out it's all Krisi. Different length and color hair, boobs, hips makeup, the whole "nine yards". And if I saw someone I knew I would not make eye contact.

Whatever you do, that's your choice. There is no right or wrong way to be a crossdresser.
    Krisi

hello,
    never forget that it is indeed a very small world - and there are six degrees of separation (or fewer)
    luv J

Silver Member
    I'm somewhat known. I've spoken before several groups and traveled while doing work. I also know that it doesn't mater where you go you may run into someone who knows you. I haven't had to worry about being fired since I owned the company. I've had someone sit behind me on a flight that I saw on a regular basis. It was a second leg of a trip for both of us and we started from different points. Ran into another person 1500 miles from home in an elevator.

My neighbors know as do others so I don't really worry about it.