Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How was your January?

How was your January?

At the end of the year I started a post about what was the most amazing thing that happened that year. I thought the response was uplifting and incredible.

Some of you may have made new year's resolutions, and others not. Regardless, I think many of us at least thought about where we would like to be in the new year. I think taking a look at January is a good idea to see how you think you did.

For myself, I didn't do as much crossdressing as I would have liked, due to sickness and visitors. However, I had the pleasure of helping a nearby crossdresser plan for a trip to a city on the other side of the state, in an area where I lived for a number of years. She had a successful trip, and I feel great that I had a part by offering advice when asked.

How about the rest of you gals? How has January been for you?

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

My January was kind of crappy. Had to do an unexpected trip to Denver, early in the month. I was able to dress while there. But hated the reason I was there, for memorial service. Now thanks to some idiot again I will be making a trip to Denver on Thursday. For a memorial service on Friday again. I feel it is necessary to go and show that my work also supports others in my career field. I am lucky my boss let's me take my work truck, also for respect and support. Do to my position I am the one who goes to these, but I volunteer to attend with my partner and my wife. Thankfully my wife is able to take off work. Her boss knows why We go and supports us going. I am thankful I have her and my partner with me. They help support and comfort me and help in support of others attending.
    I am hoping I don't have to attend anymore. Twice in less than a month is two times to often. I could go without having to attend these for the rest of the year and 2019 and 2020 and so on. But I know that is a futile dream as there are idiots out there that do terrible things.

Kelsey

A large part of last year was rotten. I spent seven months unemployed. My mom was in the hospital four times and in the ER three times that. She spent almost all of November and December in the hospital after a broken leg and a heart attack.

I say all of this not for sympathy over these trials life has thrown at me. Instead I want to contrast them with January.

In January, I started my second month at my new job. I love my new job. The people are great, the hours super flexible, the work is often kinda fun (I love programming), and I get paid fairly well. I'm not gonna get rich, but it pays the bills with enough left over to enjoy life (as long as I don't get too crazy). My mom's health is greatly improved too.

On top of all that, I told my counselor about my crossdressing early this month, and have been so relieved to share it with someone. This past Friday, I told my mom, and it went great! She accepts me, and has no problem being around me as "Jasmine". For more details, see this thread: Telling Mom Tonight

If January is an indication of the rest of 2018, then bring it on!

January is the silly season for me, lots of work and little time to go out otherwise.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Too stressful.
    I have yet to get dressed up.
    I did, however, get a spot to do stand-up next month, the 21st.
    (You have to send an email at the end of the month to get a spot for the following month, then you you get your date, if selected, before that month ends.)
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

January has been good for me. Here in New Zealand we have had a month of near record temperatures and I have been able to wear a skirt and sports bra most of the time. My wife said I had to have a top nearby in the event of a stranger visiting. I needed it a few times but not for family and close friends.

I'm in the middle of 2 1/2 months of being in Australia with my wife's family. It's good to trade 2 1/2 months of winter for 2 1/2 months of summer (especially when winter in the Midwest has been pretty chilling).

The downside is all my girl clothes and other girl stuff is back home, so no time to dress. The upside is that there are a number of thrift stores in the Melbourne area, and because we generally come here every year, I have a bike to ride. So I locate the various thrift stores, and go out for bike rides--and visit a thrift or two along the way. I've managed to buy two tops and a dress, plus my wife didn't like one of her tops, so I claimed it.

One advantage of being here is the chances of anyone knowing me in the thrift stores is almost zero, so I can freely scour the woman's sections. Yes, I'm a guy (often in biker shorts and shirt) looking at the woman's stuff, but then again nobody knows me from Adam. Pick something out, try it on, and buy if I like it.

I prefer shopping when dressed--you have a better idea of what works--but this is my method to deal with 2 1/2 months without scratching the itch to dress.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    January has been fairly good for me. Last weekend I had an extremely rare four days in a row to dress, I went out for a drive and a walk on two of those days. I bought myself a couple of real hair wigs at a very good price, which I love, and I've found out I'm due a pay rise. Happy days!!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Platinum Member
    Nice of you to ask, and for those of you dealing with health and or employment issues, I hope the year ahead brings improvements. Mine has been...mixed, mostly as a consequence of my own thinking...and I seem to be emerging from a bit of a funk.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It started of great, had from a Friday thru Monday as Yendis. Was first time for that long and was very satisfying. Went shopping, out to eat and no one batted an eye. Then two weeks ago came down with a respiratory virus and have not even want to be me much less dressed. Praying rest of year goes like the first part of January. I am on the upside of recovery.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    January has been a month of finding my center and getting back on balance. I had so many things coming at me from all sides at the end of the year.
    Interestingly enough, all for the good. Just piled on to become overwhelming. And although I am extremely healthy, I battled the flu for two weeks.
    If all this only makes me stronger, I should be able to lift a bulldozer!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

January here has been a month of cold weather with snow thrown in. I hate cold weather and can't wait for the warmer days of spring From a financial standpoint it was also kind of bad, having to lay out money for a brand new stove and some work on my GG's car. From a crossdressing standpoint it wasn't bad. I dress every day at home so I didn't miss a beat.

Silver Member
    It has been the most painful month of my life, I spent it mourning the sudden, unexpected death of my mother (and best friend) at the end of December
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 01-31-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Vicky, you have my condolences.

On a brighter note, January has been the most rewarding month in my cross dressing life. I found and joined this forum at the end of December, and it has been a very rewarding experience for my femme side. Before I joined, I would dress occasionally, always worried about being caught by my wife, careful to put things back exactly as I found them, and feeling less than satisfied when I returned to drab mode. Since reading and interacting with all of you wonderful sisters, I have come to be much more accepting of my inner woman, and have grown exponentially in my journey.

I have been underdressing 24/7, even sleeping in bra, panties, and slip. This has given me a greater outlet for my needs to dress, and I am much more relaxed, empathetic, and nurturing. My wife has noticed this change in my attitude and commented favorably to me about it. Although I have not yet come out to my her, I am in a better frame of mind to do so if the situation arises, and am prepared to face the outcome, whatever it may be.

January was very grey and extremely wet here in Northern Germany. I went on a 8 day vacation with my wife and another couple to Mallorca Island in the medit. Sea. It was very nice and quite sunny and mild but not really warm.

Last weekend, I was out for the first time in 2018. Some on the forum might remember my story with a female friend I met and who happens to be a narcisstic borderline disordered person. Emotionally 2017 has been difficult for that reason with on/off little contact. It took me much reading and understanding that this beautiful woman is very ill, mentally.
    After a good phonecall in November, the frist in six months, when I told her that I had made peace with her. After that call and a few SMS from me she did the silent and abusive treatment to me and didn't respond at all.
    However, last Saturday night, I was dancing in a club and was sitting at the agllery on the first floor, looking at my phone. When I looked up, she was standing in front of me and starring/looking at me intensly. I needed to look twice to realize that it was in fact her.
    I had planned not to talk to her anymore to end the cycle with the on/off contact. This was never really any kind of friendship

After an endless time looking at each other she came to my table to say hi and that I looked nice and that this is a big surprise to see me.
    Of course her friend told her that I was there and she knew I would be coming that weekend through an SMS in December.
    She had really abused me over a course of two months, punishing me for whatever, trying to get control over me and so on.
    I haven't done anything wrong or bad to her ever.
    When she came over to my table she kept looking at me with no word, and I looked back the same way, eye to eye.
    I hoped that she would explain something or at least say a little sorry, but nothing.

After a few minutes, she said she had to say goodbye to a few friends, I didn't know if she wanted to return to my table, anyway I then left.....and saw her getting out of the club ahead of me while I was waiting in line for my coat.

Thst was my January

Other than that, I had a great weekend and was wearing two new dresses, see the picture gallery.
    Last edited by faltenrock; 01-31-2018 at 09:17 AM.

My January was unexpectedly busy. I've been working with a group that's trying to prevent Massachusetts' trans protection laws from being repealed by ballot initiative in November. At first I thought I'd just give them an evening of my time, but it's turned into 3 or 4 days a week as they spin up their organization. Along the way I've been meeting trans activists as well as cisgender folks who are working amazingly hard to support us. I love the events where I can be out meeting the public the most and dread working the phone banks - but it has to be done. I've had some very hard conversations and a few totally uplifting ones. All of this surprises me because I'm generally very introvert and if it wasn't for what this particular cause means to me, I'd much rather be sitting on my couch reading a book.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Other than a bout of the flu that’s been going around, Jan was pretty good! I got to be part of a museum exhibit and get a beautiful new tattoo at the same time, AND found TWO pairs of shoes that are absolutely to die for!

Aspiring Member
    Slow and cold. Recovery from very intense fall of 2017. Seems I was riding high most of 2017 until late August then I sort of crashed in several ways.

I am trying to reboot into 2018, and regain some sense of optimism and spontaneity, .. February is a new month and Spring is coming.

Aspiring Member
    I was born in January, my January is very nice, this year I planned on wearing Panties everyday, so far so good.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    For me this January is the first month out of the last 10 months I haven't gained weight so thats awesome!!

January overall was good.
    I am retired but my wife still works part time, although they work her four or five days a week. With her blessings I have started dressing on the days she works. Sometimes due to family I may not change till 9 or 10 in the morning. If we have plans to go out after she gets home I skip the makeup as I don't want to take a chance of not getting all traces of it off. If we are not going anywhere then its on with the makeup from morning to bedtime.
    I usually dress three to four days a month and asked her if it would be ok as I did not want to make her uncomfortable having Lea around the majority of the week.
    My wife has even started letting me help in the kitchen when she is cooking, which she never has done before.
    Like everyone else some negatives in January but I focus on the positives.

My January has been awesome. I have definitely been thinking about my dressing more this month and have been reading lots of posts here and other places to find insight into what it dressing means to me. My wife and I have gotten closer than ever before this month so much so I finally felt safe enough to tell her about my dressing. I kept one of her skirts she wanted to donate a few months and wore it around her the next day when the kids were out and she was totally accepting and giving tips and ideas. And today we went to the thift shop together and she helped pick out a skirt. Only the second girl item I bought and the last one was 15 years ago, still a little anxious and glad to have my wife there. She even said I could wear any of her skirts or dresses. Can't wait to wear it but her best friend is staying at our house for a few days so I doubt I will get a moment to wear it until after the friend leaves.

I didn't run as much, ate a little too much, and haven't focused as well at work so I should work on those things.

So far, 2018 has not been very friendly. Unexpected, and expensive car repairs followed by the loss of my job.

I sincerely hope that the rest of the year is more amicable.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Jodi I certainly hope your year improves.

It has been an up and down January. My dad passed away Dec. 28 so I had to deal with the visitation and funeral. On the bright side I traveled from Ontario got there 3 hours before he passed away and got a selfie with him. He had a number of issues but we weren't expecting his death so soon. Our family is big so the celebrations and remembrances weren't morbid but uplifting. My birthday was in January so it was nice to spend that with my family. I started a new musical and resumed running and biking (indoor) Now I have a bad cold. But being the optimist I am, it will go away soon and I can resume normal activities.