Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curious about Facebook accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Be careful with Facebook. Those “recommended friends” algorithms will eventually out you to someone.
    This!

Facebook's reason to be is to make extremely detailed notes about what you do, and to share that information with others who might be interested in that. Primarily, that's advertisers who will pay for the data, but that tracking and linking is part of Facebook's DNA. You could avoid most of the risk by meticulously taking certain precautions, but if it would hurt to be outed to your FB friends, just tell your fem self to stay away from it.

I live as an "out"transwoman,so I come at this post from a different viewpoint than some. FB is a GREAT "outing" tool if you wish to use it as that ! You may control who you share with,but join a few groups,post comments on pictures, or comment in an online newspaper, etc, and then everyone that cares,can easily search you out. For me,it doesn't matter and I am happy if they do,and share "the intelligence" with others in my small industry[commercial fishing boats]. Most often saves me the effort of telling a potential customer that I am trans. However,in your case,I suggest you cool your jets as FB may not gain you more than you could lose as your post indicates that you operate in a top secret mode..

hi stephanie,
    i dont trust FB at all, dont even trust my phone, so like you my wife knows but im still half in the closet.

one thing you may want to try is one of the big events like keystone : or maybe a local support venue.
    i have started a pinterest account and it is private and if you saw mine the word DIVA will come to mind.
    i helps keep my interests of feminine taste organized, makeup dupes, fashion, hobbies and such.

i am however out, support groups, been to keystone, volunteer at a LGBT club and such, just cant leave the house dressed, some support groups have an area where you may flip gender and change, unfortunately most dont.

i have a separate girl e.mail and use it with people i have actually met and correspond by phone and texts with some here. FB light perhaps.....

hope this can help with your situation, you look fairly young and convincing in your avatar and would most likely enjoy getting out into the wild....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Hi Stephanie, I have a fb account for Brenda and my drab side. I didn't know about using a different browser for each account. I had initial crossover trouble, and eventually picked up a chromebook, you can have separate logins without any crossover, I have two gmail accounts, and also picked up burner (cheap/disposable) phone for the separate confirmation phone number, google and fb kept pestering me because of the same phone number for different accounts. Welcome to the group! Brenda

I have never had a FB account. Reading this forum is enough social media for me. It gives me something to do when my wife is on her FB.

I have had FB accounts for Michelle and Fred for years and years. I keep them totally isolated from each other, apply some common sense precautions (but nothing heavy handed) and have never had any problems whatsoever. Life is for the living, not the paranoid! Good luck, have fun...Hugs, Michelle

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A high level of paranoia going on here so if you wish not to use it don't.
    Like Rogina said it is a great tool for "coming out " if you choose to do so in the future.
    When members ask I tell them what I do and don't do.Its been many years and no problems at all.
    If you are afraid to walk out the front door then FB isn't for you and thats OK. Its your choice.

Banned Read only
    I cannot speak to Facebook accounts or any other social media. I've watched my wife activities on Facebook and forums. The amount of time consumed is way too much. With reference to your wife not wanting you to be outed due to the potential negative effects is a valid point. In any marriage acts of one spouse can have a negative consequence for the other spouse. When my wife and I had "The Talk" decades ago she realized, although cross dressing is something I needed to do and she wanted no part of it, she did volunteer if I needed to join a support group she was fine with that. I looked. But back in the early 1980's even in liberal Seattle there was none. Maybe I should say I called a contact line and got the cold shoulder. From your prior posts I am assuming you are living in Florida. I would suggest checking the Internet for transgender/crossdressing support groups. If they have meetings you can stay at a local motel and go to and from the venue. I wish I had the opportunity in the 1980's to do that. Now I am too set in my ways and in my comfort zone to spread my wings. Good luck with your quest.

Silver Member
    Well, since several of my friends have chimed in, I will also. Yes there is a sec ops concern, however to the casual user, I am not too worried. I set up to not share too much or accept invitations from anyone who isn't a friend of a friend. Interestingly, I have never seen Meghan suggested to male me. I have seen some male me only friends suggested to Meghan.

My friend list is not too long. I generally don't accept friends from those I don't know, or at least seem very legit. And I would say that i have met a fairly large number of my FB friends, in person. For me, going out is a big draw and reason to continue to CD.

Banned Spammer
    I think I only have 50 or so friends but a majority I have met in real life and they were the ones to send the friend requests so I felt it was ok.
    A lot are from this site as well and while I have only met 7 from this site in person I feel its pretty safe.

Hello everyone. I don't really post much, but will add my two cents. I have a Facebook account for Paulina. I created a new email address and account at the same time. Haven't had any issues with any information crossing over.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I think I only have 50 or so friends but a majority I have met in real life and they were the ones to send the friend requests so I felt it was ok.
    A lot are from this site as well and while I have only met 7 from this site in person I feel its pretty safe.
    Heck, that makes me feel special Doll!

I rarely use my drab FB account (set up to join high school connections) and within last year set up one for Ellen ThePrettyOne. I post higher quality and more pics there, but open only to friends and I normally only friend those who I know from here or other CD groups. I would stick with this place to share as a beginning. I use a different e-mail address and use my browser in private mode to access it, not the app. FB has not suggest drab me as being in Ellen's pictures.
    Hugs, Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by mykell View Post

...you look fairly young and convincing in your avatar and would most likely enjoy getting out into the wild....
    Thank you. That makes me feel good.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I appreciate everyone’s feedback. I’m still on the fence but leaning more towards holding off on putting Stephanie on FB.

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    I'm still trying to figure this out. I logged out of my boy account. I used a different email. I didn't use a phone number. First time opening the account my boy account and all my friends show as people you may know. Luckily I hadn't used a profile picture and it was about 2am so I deactivated the account.
    I see some say to use a different browser. It's all being done from my cell phone. So do I use Google for one and what for the other? I have samsung internet on my phone too.
    Will the fact that it's coming from my phone make the connection to my current boy account even without adding the phone number in my girl account?

Ok just tried that and it didn't work. I guess samsung internet is google too?

Just tried downloading firefox and doing it from there. Same,result. All my contacts pop-up as people i may know.
    Last edited by natalie edwards; 02-03-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Silver Member
    Natalie, FB will search your phone, etc. For all kinds of info, so that is not surprising. However, if you want to maintain separation, beside just not using FB, you are on the right track, just make sure your security settings are set to only allow friends of friends access and friend requests. FB will look in a variety of folders and data, and then link with data on the www. Pretty amazing, and a little scary.

But you will need to take an attitude that if you are outed, it won't be the end of the world. Which you probably ought to consider if you dress at all.

I have one Sallee Moore on FB never had a problem with cross over to Stu's account. Although on other forums I have to be careful when I comment because some just use FB as an ID in the comments of some threads. So I always logout of my FB account for Sallee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    Heck, that makes me feel special Doll!
    You are special Meghan.