Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curious about Facebook accounts

Curious about Facebook accounts

My question may be strange, but I’m curious what some of you may be doing. My wife knows I CD and is accepting. However, she’s requested that I not go out dressed. I am respecting her request, but would love to go out dressed, at least to meet and hang out with other like minded folks. That being said, this site is sort of my outlet to express my inner self as a CD’er. A place to share experiences, thoughts, opinions, advise and pics. It’s very freeing to let out 30 plus years of being hidden. So, to my Facebook question. Do any of you have an alternate FB account with your feminine side? I thought it would be fun to have a FB for Stephanie, but am a little hesitant. I mainly don’t want Stephanie to be linked back to the male me. I’m also not sure if I should put Stephanie out there on that form of social media. As I mentioned, this site has been a great outlet for me, but curious if adding other outlets would be beneficial. Anyway, just curious what other may be doing on FB and how. I’m open to other outlets and sites that any of you may use.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Use a separate email for your girl account and use a separate browser.
    When its up and running block your male side and you should be just fine.
    I have been doing it this way for years and I have never had a crossover problem.
    I have a few friends on both FB pages but my guy posts don't show on my girl page and vice versa.

Maybe what Tracii said but I have always been told that once your on a site you are already out there to everyone that knows how to get to your information. I worry sometimes about this site although it's been good so far. By the way my wife told me the same thing about not going out dressed and I'm just dying to try it at least once in my life. I get excited just thinking about it.
    I'm not computer knowledgable to try two or three accounts but f it works give us a shout back would be fun to face book dressed.

Banned Spammer
    I have lots of FB friends from here and other sites on my girl page and none have accidentally crossed over to my guy page.
    There are thousands of CDers/ trans girls on FB so once you set up your page you will get lots of friend requests.
    Of course you can decline the requests if you wish. I decline the fetishy types or creepy guys.

Aspiring Member
    On the subject of FB I would only do this if I was out to all and confident with my femme self. FB from what I understand can be a hotbed of hate even at the best of times. Personally I'm going to steer clear.

You post also sparked a quandary for me in relation to the SO not wanting you to go out dressed. I too long for this but can see this being the case in my relationship also. Trouble is I'm not sure I would be able to promise I wouldn't.

you could start a facebook group. They can be closed groups for invited people only
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvcAKrZxIBZMNn-9jilAIA

I have four facebook accounts. One for Barbra, one for family, one for a group and one for my hobby. You just need separate e-mail addresses.
    At some point your life will flash before your eyes......MAKE SURE IT'S WORTH WATCHING !!

Stephanie I also have a facebook account actually 4. I have 2 that are game related and 1 for my guy side and 1 for leann. I also use a separate browser when I go to my other account as to not cross paths so to speak. I did one time friend Leann and my wife asked why I was friending an ex no I didn't tell her who Leann was at that time.
    but yes I did come clean.

on going out hummm go for a drive out of town sometime or go to a town or city thats is next to you. Your wife is probably scared someone will know you and it will be all over town and you be the center of all of it lol

good luck Leann

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

if someone is part of a group let me know I wold like to be part of one
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

For ease , convienience, AND security, only have the one FB acct. Do not wish to be bothered with the addl "friend" req... or have an issue IF I should return to work. Potential employers DO search Everything anymore, and do not want a problem later. We Do look at several sites and blogs, but only post on this one. Consider myself Very Fortunate, as being retired without SO to worry about--could go out everyday if felt up to it. Heart bleeds for those of you in the DADT/don't dress "prison"---as was in that yrs ago. At least you have this blog and others to help you find comfort. Toni G..

Be careful with Facebook. Those “recommended friends” algorithms will eventually out you to someone.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    I have a separate Facebook account as Joanne. I keep it totally separate from my him account and I don't have any friends in common. I love having it because it's an outlet for my femme side just like coming here to this site, to spend time as Joanne.

I asked the same question a few months ago. I did set up a second Facebook account. The only purpose is to follow a couple of TG groups. Otherwise I don't use Facebook for socializing. I don't like the meanness or giving out personal information for anybody to see.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Banned Spammer
    Do not give out personal info or befriend a sketchy type person only add people you actually know from this site or a person you know in real life that you don't mind knowing about you.
    The suggested friends are not a good idea IMO.
    Closed TG groups are usually fine and you might actually make some new friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Be careful with Facebook. Those “recommended friends” algorithms will eventually out you to someone.
    I agree with Micki Finn's comment, the algorithms could out you.

Banned Spammer
    Yeah it could happen but be careful who you befriend like I said.
    Don't be clicking on things you shouldn't.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've had a FB Page for Sherry for 11 years. I use different servers to access the 2 Pages.

U definitely need a FB Page if u go out a lot and meet others. Because that is how all us girls connect. I have a very active social life as Sherry. Almost zero as Robert!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have two FB accounts, use each on a different browser, My becky one I have blocked everyone I can think of from my other life and I make sure that I stay away from each others worlds. I have had 2 Fb accounts for 8 years and never had any issue with 'cross contamination' just have to be careful at all times.
    FB is a great place to 'meet' like minded girls and chat.. look for me there anyone beckyblue8
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Lot of good suggestions here for you to use. My only FB account is Heidi. Limit info and watch how you friend. I do not add or accept any friends that I don’t personally know to people who know over 100 of my other friends.
    I also do not accept any males unless I personally know them. Make sure your settings for who can see posts is set to friends. I’ve done ok with this method so far.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Dreaming is half the fun.
    It may sound like a good idea but personally, I’m not a fan of FB, it’s so easy to find details about your life that I would not want out there so easy, in general I’m very private, good luck.

Banned Spammer
    I'm a private person too but you need to choosy what you comment on.
    I keep my page all girl and rarely comment on the trans activist type postings because they are way too radical for me.
    You will find drama queens galore so I delete or block them if they get rowdy.

Banned Read only
    I have two accounts. I used a second email and set my posts to be seen by friends only.

I have three accounts and my problems happen because of operator error. Sometimes I forget and post on one site when I should be posting on another. Creates odd situations, such as when I posted a picture of an all in one briefer on my family page. I got messages from family members telling me how good I would look in that, along with other comments. Deny, deny, deny, deny, deny.

I also have 2 FB accounts, but occasionally I see a friend request that should be on the other account and visa versa. I hardly ever friend someone unless there from here or I have actually met them.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Oh and make sure your girl account is set with very high privacy levels so only friends can see your activity also you can set friend requests to be limited to friends of friends I think
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I've had two Facebook accounts (and two email addresses) for years. I have a few friends (two, I think) that are on both. I've never had any cross-over between accounts or been outed. I generally post things with the security setting for "only friends" so nobody browsing my page can see very much. I am pretty certain that if people who know me in boy-mode would not recognize my femme profile pic.

On the other hand, I am not TOO concerned about being "outed" and am already out to a lot of people in my life. If someone figured it out, I feel like I could deal with it!