Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's taking your photos?

Almost all my pictures are taken by random people that I have asked if they would mind taking a picture of me. I usually give them a reason such as "My brother had a car like this" or "My kids used to play here in the park". Everyone has been very helpful and will take a couple shots. I carry a Canon PowerShot A2500 in an outside pocket of my purse. I've never had anyone go with me on my outings. I have even been taking a photo in a mirror at the shoe store and had a clerk come up and offer to take a picture for me.
    Suzi Q
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another vote for camera timer

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I set mine for 10 seconds and get into position.

Silver Member
    Phone camera selfies or selfies with blue tooth remote on a small tripod. HELP!! I use a Samsung Galaxy android phone. I'm ready to try to post some photos on the Forum, but this old girl is not a techie and I don't know how. I'd like to post directly to the forum and not go thru my PC. If you can help me, please PM me. Thanks!

I use my good digital camera, additional flash unit on top rather than built in, sometimes turn on other local lighting. A good tripod and the 10 second timer. I have used the WiFi and smartphone app to control it remotely, but then need to get phone out of the picture. I process them in Photoshop to autocorrect lighting levels and contrast. Sometimes I blur out hair on arms and chest. And save a smaller version for posting here (cropped and lower JPEG quality). I have confirmed this website strips off the metadata from the picture, so the GPS coordinates are lost.
    Hugs, Ellen

I usually take my own. I have a friend with a camera that’s pretty good at taking pics. He knows I dress but hasn’t seen me dressed yet. I might ask him about taking pics for me soon...

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I take my own. Sometimes with a cannon digital, but now, more often with my COMPUTER camera. A really good Idea, is to take high rez VIDEO then you can pause and snip some really good and unexpected frames. I also play around a bit with contrast and brightness, and sometimes zap out a mole or two. But that's about it. I wanna see what I'm supposed to look like, and not some distorted or altered form.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 02-02-2018 at 06:17 PM.

There is a great article on the sister house site about taking photos.

I have gone the camera timer route in the past but never liked the running to get into position. On a lot of cameras you have to reset the timer which with long nails can be problematic especially on touch screens on a smartphone.
    When I got a wireless remote for my DSLR I was in heaven. I could calmly pose and take multiple photos of the same pose easily. I now use a $10 bluetooth remote and tripod with my iPhone and would never go back to using a timer. The iPhone takes acceptable photos but I wish I hadn't gotten rid of my DSLR when I moved to Australia.

When I get the opportunity [which seems less and less these days ] I use a tripod and wireless remote. I'd previously used the 10s timer and also a shutter release cable, but paying AU$30 for a wireless remote was the best investment ever; so many more shots are in focus and have a better pose.

A small tip - even with a wireless remote, put your camera on 2s delay so you can re-position your hand or conceal the device.

My wife takes my photos these days.

I get many shots to choose from now.

All shots are generally under my direction. Some of the candid shots she has instigated have turned out better than those I have directed.

Maybe she is better at visualising me better than I am. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When I take pictures, I use a small digital camera with a 10 second timer. I don't often take a lot of photos as I would rather spend the time doing other things while dressed.

Banned Read only
    Decades ago I use to take pictures with a film camera with a timer. Maybe I was more brazen or adventurous in the late 1970's because I had to get them developed at a store. I was in my early 30's and I do remember I looked passable in a picture because there was no reference to gauge my height.

I usually setup my Nikon D3100 on a tripod and put it on a 10 second timer when I take most of mine. There's some I'll take with my phone and maybe use a selfie stick too.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Bathroom mirror, DSLR on tripod, 10 second timer. Will add a flash or two off camera in slave mode usually.
    I shoot into the mirror so I can see how stupid my posing looks
    before hitting the shutter button LOL
    Hugs
    Samantha

All of mine are taken in my narrow kitchen. Kept having issues kicking the tripod trying to get around it--so went to having the Fuji set up on the pull-out cutting board. The all-angle mount screwed into the Fuji is held in a vise sitting on the partially-out board. Now can set the 10sec timer-and get into position w/o disturbing the camera. Odd set-up, but it does the job! Working to improve the lighting. And of course- have to crop-out the kitchen counters on each side. Toni G..

I use my iPhone, a tripod and a Bluetooth remote.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Banned Read only
    Tammy,
    Some are taken with a camera on a tripod using a self timer , I have had some interesting results when the timer didn't give me the full ten seconds !! I always stand a full length mirror alongside the camera so I can get the position and pose about right , then realise I've forgotten to remove my glasses .

My more recent pictures and my avatar are taken by members of my social group at the hotel where we meet .
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-04-2018 at 08:11 AM.