Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Acceptance levels by Wives and SO's

It's a bit hard for me to rate this because technically I'm not a crossdresser, I'm more gender fluid in that I've been able to blend the masculine/feminine to some degree and live that in my day to day. I have no desire to present as a female anymore. An androgynous look works for me on many levels. When not at work my wardrobe is 75-80% female clothing and she has no issue within limits. She will be the first to say "you are not wearing that out of the house!". Not because it's feminine but because it doesn't look good! So I would give her an 8!

Wow this thread really took off .. i purposely did not post my rating in the OP as I really did not want this thread to be about me. i will post my score shortly, but just had a few responses and thoughts first.

Firstly its great to see so many 8+ scores its really really amazing to see just how many supportive wives there are out there!!
    Secondly a huge thanks to Lizzie for taking the time to provide a complete scale... you did an amazing job there!!!

Sandra 10+ wife.. your SO already got THE prize you!!!!
    Teresa, yes a very interesting thought to match the SO/Wife score to ours

Also interesting and not surprising that in some cases the rating has changed over time in both directions.

Now as to my score, its quite complicated as my wife knows a little bit, the little bit she knows she is probably 2 to 3.. i think if she knew more she would drop to a 1.5
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

She has known since about day 1 and early on I thought I could shake this...anyway. She is squarely a 0.5.

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Mine is 8-9 very supportive, buys stuff (gifts, nice finds) for me or gives suggestions on my outifts/makeup etc... really makes a nice relationship.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

Quote Originally Posted by skirt_guy View Post
    My wife is an 8/10. Don’t get me wrong, she is awesome on the cross dressing idea, even suggesting getaways but she is afraid of breast forms and if I purchase an article of clothing that she likes, I immediately loose it. Keep in mind that my dressing in front of her has been a gradual process over 30 years. She’s a great gal and I appreciate her acceptance but not quite there yet.

But I’m grateful for who I have.
    It sounds like our wives are very similar. I recently came out to my wife and we had a very long and open discussion about my female side. In short, I explained that my need to dress wasn’t just because of a fetish or kink, but that I’ve really got about 5% girl deep inside me. She asked me if I wanted to wear wigs or breast forms and I explained YES along the lines of I want to complete the transformation and I don’t want to see baggy material where breasts or hips should be any more than I wanted to see hairy legs or combat boots with a nice skirt. I explained that if this was solely about my like of panties, pantyhose, etc., then I’d be completely happy just wearing those items underneath my male clothes. She really seemed to come around and we have been incredibly emotionally close after I divulged the extent of my secrets. She hasn’t seen me wear them, but she did seem to understand why I want them. Her fear seemed to stem from me either feeling like I should have been born with breasts, or me wanting to wear them all the time.

My wife knows I have dressed previously, but she would not be happy to find my current stash. I promised myself several years ago I would never wear her things again. But to her, my lack of honesty is the biggest fault, so she would probably be at 0-1 if I told her of my ongoing desire to dress occasionally and even go out en femme. After over 25 years of marriage, I don't think I will ever bring it up with her unless there is a major change in our lives.

I searched and searched...thought I had answered this but probably another thread .
    My wife is probably around a 7. She buys clothing and makeup , calls me by my femme name when I am dressed,and we have gone out with me dressed. She pretty much rolls with whatever I’m comfortable with, but never pushes for more.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

My wife is definitely a 9.5 but she's aiming for 10.

I'm very fortunate in that my wife is a 10.

I didn't start dressing past half slips around her until last year, and we've been married over 20 years, together more than 25.

However, I wanted to start wearing dresses/skirts/bras, again, so I surprised her one evening. I knew this was the best way for both her and I, and she was just fine with it. To be fair, she bought me a satin half slip back in 1993-1995 as a gift, so it's not like she's not pretty comfortable with it.

I thought maybe this might be too much, but she liked the bridesmaid dress I bought, liked we had matching bras, and that I was comfortable with myself.

Now, I'll change clothes shortly after getting home, and she's 100% okay with it. In fact, she's suggested I go get the mail, at night, while dressed, and that's a giant NOPE from me. She's done it twice, in fact. However, me dressing is for her and I, period. I don't want to leave the house dressed. In fact, it still makes me a bit nervous trying on feminine clothes before buying them, like I did, yesterday, but I shouldn't care what anyone else thinks when I'm in a store.

She has said I have more than enough slips and skirts. She doesn't yet know I bought her a size smaller bridesmaid dress in a soft satin, which has a sweetheart neckline and is strapless (all of ours are strapless, I just love the style). Maybe tonight we'll play 'dress-up'.

edit: My wife had some questions for me...did I want to be a woman, did I want to go outside dressed, why do I do it, when did it start...the basics.

I did not prepare, or even thing about, potential questions and answers, and honesty is the best way to go, so I said:

1. No, I like being male.
    2. My dressing up is a very intimate thing, and it's between us, period.
    3. I do it because it feels natural, feels good, and there is a thrill to it because it's 'naughty'.
    4. It started when I was about 5 or 6, with my mom's clothes.

It was cathartic to speak to her about it, and she is very at ease with my dressing. A couple of weeks ago, she even offered up a tank top of hers which she said should fit. I asked her, last weekend, if she minded if I bought a blouse or two, and she said, "not at all".

Monday, I brought two home and she's impressed with my shopping skills! Two satin, short-sleeve, button-down blouses in my size, both damage-free, for $5. She can't believe how I can find blouses and dresses which fit me just right.

:-D