Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you a collector?

Are you a collector?

hello,
    do you collect women's clothes? Do you have more than you need? Do you have stashes of clothes that you have not yet worn?
    do you thinks collecting is a male thing or do the women in your life do it to?
    luv J

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I wouldn't class myself as a collector, though having more than enough clothes doesn't stop me buying new ones. Everything gets worn, obviously some much more than others as some are in the 'special occasions' category. My wife only buys as needed.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Yes I am a collector of fine quality pantyhose/stockings,Victorian era style clothing, hats, shoes and parasols.

I'm may a collector, but try to use all clothes till they are wear out , unless it doesn't fit.

the wife is more of a collector, she hardly will get rid unless I tell her it out of date.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Banned Read only
    Jacques,
    Nor really , I just try and think ahead about outfits I could wear when going out , up to now I haven't had the room to store my items so I have restricted my needs . Watching the pennies also helps, giving yourself a budget is no bad thing, we all know fashions change quickly, I buy mostly from charity shops so the clothes are at least last season's .

In male mode I don't collect as much as thinking something always has a use so , so I hoard rather than collect because everything might have a use one day ,I'm paying that price now as I'm moving home and all those good intentions have been thrown away , I'm never going to get round to all those little jobs , besides my femme side needs the attention now .
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-03-2018 at 07:12 AM.

I don't consider myself a collector but I probably have more things than I need. Occasionally I clean out the closet a bit to make room for a few new things.

Do I have more than I need? As a genetic male the logical answer is yes. However, as a CDer I know I can never have enough.
    Last edited by alwayshave; 02-03-2018 at 07:32 AM.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Hi J

I'm guilty I'm 100% a collector , I have way more then I need and the stash keeps growing.

PS and I love this about me lol

Connie

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I have at least 100 panties, 25 skirts, 20 workout skorts, a drawer packed full of sports bras, 7 pairs of pretty sneakers, and countless capris, socks, leggings, nightgowns etc., etc.,etc. You tell me? lol
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Aspiring Member
    Probably though that is not the motive. I have 900 dresses, 1000 skirts and they are all catalogued. So are the tops and shoes but not underwear or tights. If I wear one in public that gets added to the catalogue and everything is photographed. I collect books and music too but I buy both because I like them not for collector motives - I have no preference for particular editions - I just want the content. But on the subject of clothes I admit to getting pleasure from owning some designer items as well as from wearing them - but I do get round to wearing them. Having a huge reserve of clothing means there is always something I can come back to and enjoy.

I could be called a collector I suppose. I certainly have more than I need given my somewhat limited opportunities to dress yet I still keep adding to my wardrobe.

As for gg's being collectors I can't say, but for them womens clothes are the norm whereas for cd's women's clothes have a much deeper meaning so I would expect that our purchasing patterns would be different.
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 02-03-2018 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Typo

I have sufficient!

I probably have about 10 bras, a few more knickers but that's only because I colour match underwear to what's on top. I guess with dresses, skirts, tops and blouses I have enough so I could go full time for 2 to 3 weeks and not have to wear the same things twice. being in the closet it's pointless me having too much stuff. I have enough of a problem storing what I have and if I do find myself lucky enough to have a week were I can go fully enfemme, even though I plan outfits, I still bring home things that didn't get worn.

I try to buy knowing there's something I've had for years that needs replacing so as to keep reasonably fashionable.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Aspiring Member
    Yes !

I have at least 100 women's one piece swimsuits (predominantly the racing/training kind), and the majority of them still have the price tag/hygene sticker on them.

To a lesser degree, camis/shapewear. Again, most of those still have the tags on them.

I keep promising myself that I will start wearing them but for some reason I still haven't done so.

If anything my wife would say I "collect" lingerie.
    I love having lots of color and style choices in my intimate clothing. Sometimes she says I'm too Matchy-matchy but I don't think so. I only have about 12 sets that truly match in color and style, that's not a lot Right??
    Other than that I don't collect any clothing. If I can't wear it outside the house then I won't buy it. I don't want to have "costumes", I want clothing that is wearable.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I do not believe I am a collector. What I do believe is, I have more panties and bras than any woman would consider reasonable. But I love what I do have. And I will likely find more lingerie that I will want. My female clothes do not get worn as often as my male things (panties and bras may be exception) but, like wilderness, I may not always use it, but makes me feel good to know that its there.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri Ray View Post
    I do not believe I am a collector. What I do believe is, I have more panties and bras than any woman would consider reasonable. But I love what I do have. And I will likely find more lingerie that I will want. My female clothes do not get worn as often as my male things (panties and bras may be exception) but, like wilderness, I may not always use it, but makes me feel good to know that its there.
    Like you, Teri, I have more panties than I know what to do with and sometimes wear more than one pair for the delicious sensation of the various materials slipping and sliding together. To keep my panty drawer from over-flowing I store extra panties in shoe boxes and the big metal tins that European biscuits come in, particularly at Christmas.

I have lots of slips and skirts and a couple of dresses and am trying my best to gradually purge them out to Goodwill equivalents. I have a few bras and a couple of dresses, but panties are the mainstay and I wear them 24/7 except when I'm going to the doctor

When I have one of those euphoric cravings to cross dress I often take various lingerie items and hang them on door hooks, on the bed posts, in the bathroom and so on because I really love looking at lingerie everywhere.

OTOH I have no interest in make-up, although one of these days I might try lipstick and admittedly - I've had urges to paint my finger and toenails. Years ago I tried on a girlfriend's wigs and was really impressed at how transforming they were.

However, I now live in a rural area (like you, Teri) and have no one to chat with about CDing. We also have a long winter here in the east (presumably pretty much like Idaho) and my rural house is rarely warm enough to make getting naked to roll stockings on and try on various slips and panties. However, any time there's a thaw I generally put on a full slip or nightie, over panties, for bed.

Baby dolls have to wait until summer comes (blush)

I do have more than I wear. I'm finding myself going back to many of my favorite out fits again a ad again. In my defense though I do have some for winter and spring that I may just wear during that season only.

ShyLibrarian,

This is a great place to open up and chat with like minded people. If you have a desire to chat about dressing anytime feel free to chat me up.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I think “hoarder” is a more accurate term as “collector” kind of implies concern for keeping the amassed objects in preserved condition. But to answer your question directly, yes.

When it comes to hose...of any kind...guilty as charged. (Smile). Panties run a close second. I have two sizes...one for “underneath” days and one for full dressing. Underwire bras are third. Can’t have enough pencil skirts or tops. I guess so.

I too have many more than I have room to hang in my closet. And I do seem to be in love with them.

Banned Read only
    I collect some things in the classic sense; coins and stamps. I also accumulate plastic military models with the intent to build them in the future if I live that long. The plastic model stash is way out of my remaining life span.

With the women's clothing it may be one of two things. Am I a collector in the classic sense or am I suffering from some sort of compulsive disorder? I gave up counting a long time ago when I surpassed 400 full slips. Yikes! I seriously believe there is a "little" bit of compulsive disorder operating in the guise of "retail therapy." When things were not going as expected in life..go buy something that makes me happy. My love of women's clothing started with full slips. There is an element of collecting those slips since I am draw to buying slips in colors I do not have or the different laces. I suppose acquiring 158 dresses falls under "retail therapy" also. There is some element of collecting in the area of panties. I do collect the different colors of the Vanity Fair panties that come onto the market or are offered on eBay as vintage. I also collect a certain line of graphic male tee shirts. I collect too much stuff. Our kids argue about who is going to have the job of getting rid of everything if my wife and I drop dead. That leads to the obvious issue of all those slips and dresses.

My wife collects things in the traditional sense; bric a brac of a certain kind. She does not collect clothing.

I do have a LOT of women' clothes. I have nothing I haven't worn. My wife on the other hand dose have thing she's never worn she is a big collector but I love her.
    Angie

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I collect several things but don't consider my womens clothes stash a collectable thing.

Believe me I use to have six boxes of lingerie, panties, slips, etc.
    Now that I'm older it's all about what shows on the outside so I threw out about 40 slips, 30 panties, most of my bras and girdles.
    I'm trying to keep my stash respectable incase somebody finds it. I would like to get rid of the silicone forms and wigs but I can't see that happening!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?