Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Acceptance levels by Wives and SO's

Acceptance levels by Wives and SO's

Some of us on here are in a DADT situation, others are still keeping it a secret and some have very accepting partners. I thought it would be interesting to rate your wife/SO acceptance. For those of you who have yet to share perhaps you can guesstimate what you think would be the rating if you did tell. Lets say that a 10 is a wife/SO who SO embraces your F side that she is encouraging you and perhaps even pushing you further than you would go on your own and that a 0 is a wife/SO who says not under my roof chose me or her...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Mine started out at around an 8 or 9 and was helping me learn makeup skills n buying me clothes and Jaylyn Christmas Presents but has recently dropped to around a 3 and in a DADT. I don't know what happened but I do know GG can change their minds in a second or two.

I haven't told my SO because I'm pretty sure she would be in the 0-1 range. I assume many others are in the same position...

Mine is accepting and it is 8, or 9.
    Part Time Girl

So jealous!!!

My So knew before we married but because of children in the home it was
    1_3 after all the children& grand children moved out the level has played between 4_8 with us shopping together with me
    In male mode.We live in a area where I am.pretty well known & if some one saw her& I was ended there might be tounges wagging
    We plan but haven't done it
    To travel out of state for a Girls night out.

I think she started at a 1 and now after 6 years I'm happy she's at a 5. Slow progress but at least we're headed in the right direction. I would be a little worried about a women that said she was great with this.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Prolly a 6/7, I can wear girly outfits in the house, but under no circumstances does she want me to go out either by myself or certainly gawd forbid with her, I give her a lot of credit for just putting up with me indoors.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Aspiring Member
    Initially a 7-8, pretty high acceptance: helping me buy clothes and makeup. That was about ten years ago.

Then life happened that resulted in my wife experiencing a lot of grief and depression (mother killed in major car accident, father severely injured, and more).

Support dwindled fast to very low, maybe 2-3. Last summer I re-energized Gina, and kept my wife in the loop. She neither pushed back, nor supported, nor initiated any discussion or questions. I gave many openings--nothing. So, we are in DADT and I do not want to press her given her current stress levels and history of anger when I do engage in pushback or confrontation.

The conclusion: people are variable in acceptance.

My wife knows, helps me buy clothes and makeup. She has critiqued my outfits and makeup. Lets me dress at home with her around, sans wig. She will not go out with me dressed.
    That being said I rate he acceptance at a 9.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

When I first came out to my ex she was about 1 or 2 but eventually made it up to 9-10. My current girlfriend is in the 8-9 range. I dress as often as I want with no pushback. She's also gone out in public settings with me and some of my CD friends.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    Interesting. She buys for me, gives me fashion advice, even helps me pick out stuff when i am going to dress from time to time. She has accompanied me out to GNO's and the mall once or twice, so i have to give her at least an 8 and could justify a 9.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

I would definitely say a 10. She lets me dress whenever I want, have my clothes in our walk in closet. She has surprised me with tickets to and has gone to SCC, Divas and Wildside with me. She goes out with me all the time and holds my hand as we walk out to the dance floor. She is amazing and I also definitely count my blessings every day!

I would say right now a 1 or 2. Its only been a couple of months since I told her. I say 1 or 2 because she is ok with me wearing panties under my clothes and to bed at night. Perhaps she is a 10 because of that, but I assume as this progresses some I will find out how much acceptance she will have.

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    It's hard to say in a DADT situation , you never know from day what figure to put on it , the goalposts moved that quickly , if my wife had her way I wouldn't dress at all so I should really put a 0 .

Sadly it won't matter soon , whatever level she was at wasn't enough for me but the DADT problem won't entirely go away when we separate not unless there are big changes and I totally walk away from the family .

That'll be a -10 From me.
    I misread the OP too. Actual, not anticipated. What's the value in guessing...?
    Last edited by Julia1984; 02-02-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    For those of you who have yet to share perhaps you can guesstimate what you think would be the rating if you did tell. Lets say that a 10 is a wife/SO who SO embraces your F side that she is encouraging you and perhaps even pushing you further than you would go on your own and that a 0 is a wife/SO who says not under my roof chose me or her...
    I think some replies here have failed to read the OP properly. Becky asked for those who have NOT shared this side of the with their SO's to guess the likely response, not for those who have shared to state the response they got. So on that basis I would not expect any 8's, 9's or 10's because if that is the expected response then what is stopping you? In fact, so far there is only one reply from someone who has yet to reveal, and not surprisingly the guesstimate is very low.

Edit:

I got this wrong, see above
    Last edited by DaisyLawrence; 02-02-2018 at 05:44 AM.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Sorry, Daisy, but I think you should reread the OP. Definitely not the way I read it. And I will give my wife a full 10...

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    You're right Isabella. My mistake, I was so wrong but that's not the first time. So I suppose I should give my own rating then. 10 just like you. We have much to be thankful for.
    Will be interesting to see where the numbers lie for those just guessing as they have not yet 'come out' to their SO's though.

Becky, you did not not give your number. Am I correct that I remember you saying your SO does not know or am I thinking of someone else? If so, what is your guess?

DADT by choice. Revealed and acted out one time decades ago and the guilt was over whelming. Savor the me time, and she accommodates my secret obsession with disdain.
    Would have to rate 1-2 as my evaluation and have adapted to the situation. Admire those with skills and talent to present well, a good self image must be the catalyst for that result.

If there were negative numbers, that would be my very conservative and soon to be ex wife. My guess is that she would have zero tolerance for my cross dressing. There were a number of times years ago when we were young and frisky and I would put on her panties and appear in front of her and ask playfully “Is this what I have to do to
    get into your pants?” And all I got was a shrill “Take those off”

Numerically I would say my wife is about a 4 - 5. In my mind I kind of categorize levels of acceptance as follows (although there are infinitely more subdivisions I'm sure):

Encouraging
    Supportive
    Accepting
    Tolerant
    DADT
    Show stopper

My wife falls somewhere in the tolerant to accepting range.

Mine was 10 from the start after explaining every detail including shopping along with her.

no secrets in our union.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Aspiring Member
    My wife is a solid 5. We are not in a DADT, however she doesn't want to see me dress. She will not buy anything for me, although she gave me a necklace she did not want. We can talk about my dressing as long it is not all the time. She is fine with me going out, but wants it limited to 1 or 2 times a year. Basically she ok with in with limits.
    Sara
    Last edited by sara66; 02-02-2018 at 04:11 PM.

A 10. I told my wife early on while dating, which took her several months to process. Between our open discussions and her own studies (researcher by trade) we made it work for us. I'm quite humbled by her continued acceptance and support, and still surprised by her encouragement, which is more than I could have ever imagined or hoped for.