Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Acceptance levels by Wives and SO's

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Skirts View Post
    I’ll build on this scale:
    0 - Show stopper, get out of my house
    1 - DADT, lets just ignore this and never talk about it again.
    2 - DADT, but I’d like to be aware of when you’re going to dress so I can avoid being surprised.
    3 - Tolerant, but not inquisitive and don’t initiate discussions bout your dressing. You can shave your legs.
    4 - Tolerant and inquisitive about your dressing; might not love it but wiling to let it happen behind closed doors.
    5 - Accepting, still possibly uncomfortable about this but not tryign to change you.
    6 - Accepting, trying to understand the importance of this and don’t want you to change.
    7 - Supportive, may or may not fully understand you, can dress subject to conditions (no kids, limits on dress, wig, makeup, location of dressing, etc.)
    8 - Supportive, few if any limits. You can go out.
    9 - Accepting, views your feminine side as one of her girlfriends. You can go out with her.
    10 - Encouraging, initiates out-of-house dressing, expands your skills or wardrobe, personally enjoys your dressing.

Having said that, my wife is a 7. She’s OK with shaving, dresses, lingerie, heels in the house. Makeup, wigs, and breast forms outside her comfort level but it’s not outside of the question some day.

I like to have some point of reference, thanks to Lizzie she has helped to assess where my SO is! I would say she is a 7?. She accept this is part of me, she has bought stuff for the femme me previously. The only thing which bugs me, is she doesn’t understand that I need to dress more frequently than she thinks I do!

Tilly xx

She's a self proclaimed 9. We are more like 7 due to my moderation. She definitely understands the need. I'm a long way from the door. So I can't say 8.

A good 9, we shop and go out together, share some comments, I will get my clothes adjusted if they are out of place when dressed, blouse tucked in etc.

Just don't get touched intimately all the time, get hugs and she shares my makeup and perfume.

She doesn't buy many things for me, our tastes in fashion are different.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Maybe a 4. Not dadt, but she doesn't like to see it. Conversations occur every few months now. Her biggest concerns always is Will it one day lead to me being a woman or just much more of one than a man, and therefore I would effectively no longer be considered to be a husband. What I will say though is the life she came from, her conservative among the conservative, so that would be well into the negatives. So in many ways she's made it 10 pts.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Edit, consrrvative among conservative upbringing

On the LizzieSkirts scale, I would say we started out on a 6 but quickly slid to a 1 and if my stash is discovered I expect to hit 0 based on past ultimatums.

On Lizzie's scale, we have elements of 3 through 7, so I'll call it a 5.

My wife is a 9.99999 I think every GG may have that .00001%. My house is a 9 as my girls know and support and help. All 4 of us have gone out. However it has been always out of town. When home it is on our own property.

Kelsey

A solid 9. My wife was mad it so long for me to tell her.

My wife is deff a 10 has been totaly supportive since telling her New Years Eve 2009.

i would say 10 as she has bought clothes etc for me and even encourages me more to get dressed up and go out to a club

I asked my husband what he would rate me and he said it would vary maybe 7 to 10? Some days I am extemely accepting, encouraging, suprising him with small gifts like new panties or booties etc. Sometimes I get fustrated and try to avoid it but I am never disrespectful that he is dressing or wants to dress.... I think the "rating" can fluctuate a lot....

My fiancee is 9.5. She is supportive and has gone out with me. However, I believe she would prefer that I didn't.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Based on Lizzie's scale we are currently at 2. DADT for the most part but she wants to know of any new developments (to make sure I am not taking it farther than I have said I want to, I think) and only when I am out of town (I travel 2-3x/month).

I feel like I am similar to cdadamswife. My husband didn't start dressing until well into our marriage. My level of acceptance varies (probably from 7 to 10). I will go out with him when he's dressed, buy him girl things, go to events where he can dress up in fancy evening dresses, even purchased tickets so that we could go to a Lady Gaga concert with him dressed. However, I don't really want to see his girl clothes hanging in out common living area. I don't want to go on a full blown vacation with him dressed. I like being with the man I married and want man/woman time together such has holding hands and hugging. We are not "girlfriends". His dressing has passed the pink fog stage and there is some balance in our lives. When he is dressed, I feel like it's "all about him/her". He seeks the attention he gets from others when he's dressed. When he's in man mode, it's about us. I can deal CDing but not as an everyday thing.

My wife has only known for about a week, and I would currently rate her a 8. The only rule she has said is not in front of the kids (though she said if I get a kilt I could wear that in front of them). Granted when I dressed as Dorothy for Halloween, my youngest told everyone he met for about a week that I used balls for boobs. So if they see it, everyone will know about it and I am definitely not ready for that anyways.

Two weeks ago I would of said she was a 0 or maybe even a 1. A few years ago when she saw me dressed she said that if I ever did it again she would divorce me. But apparently that was because she was under the impression that only gay men wear dresses (based on the drag queens she hanged out with before who were all gay and reinforced by RuPaul's drag race). Once I cleared up I have this desire to dress and that I am only attracted to women she said she was ok with it. We have even gone thrift shopping and online shopping and already planned to go out dressed to a drag show.

Seeing other people's responses who started at a higher level and lowered has me a little concerned since it is still so new for us.

7.5 almost an 8 according to Lizzies list. No complaints from me at this point as I have not pushed to the points 0f 9 /10.

Mine also is very accepting 9 fore sure

My wife and I are about an 8 - mostly good, only a few minor concerns.

Mine would be a 9. We've been married 20+ years now and she knew before I asked her to marry me. We met later in life and each accepted the other as they were. I'm very fortunate to have found her. She often says that one of the things that attracted her to me as a certain gentleness. I think that was some of Jennifer bleeding through.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Best we can do on the Lizzie scale is a 7.

Karen

I have to say my standing is about a 9.9. We shop together and she will say would you like this or that.
    Angie

I would say mine is a 5.

I told my wife I've dressed up two years ago after finding this site, we were married thirty-five years ago.
    She knew I dressed up with friends pryer to marriage but considered it fooling around, not cross-dressing.

She says she'll leave me if I continue.

Well I haven't dressed in ten months until the other day I had some time so I put on a dress.
    My heart was pounding, thinking I might get caught, (at least I got my cardiovascular exercise) it was not FUN!
    I need a plan. I want to stay married but the Pink-Fog is a Bitch!

She also said if I shave on my day off while she's at work she'll know I'm up to something!
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 02-04-2018 at 11:04 AM. Reason: TYPO
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Panties4me
    Becky Blue, you asked for a rating from others but haven't given one yourself.

Banned Read only
    Char,
    That is an interesting comment , " He seeks the attention from others when he's dressed "

The point is he needs that but have you stopped to ask why ? I asked the question to my gender counsellor suggesting I may only be seeking it to validate my CDing needs . She saw through that but there is something deeper for me in that need. I have AGP ( I know it's a contentious subject ) but one of it's traits is to bve seen and accepted as woman . Some with this need have gone through transition to satisfy it, it's not GD but it's still strong enough to drive that need .

I do understand your perspective , you are married to a man and you still need him as such , and I feel your acceptance is wonderful . When we don't get that then people like myself eventually have to decide if the CDing needs are great enough to be honest and separate from our wives/partners . In my case we are both OK about the situation , staying together meant it wasn't going to become easier and eventually the marriage would fail anyway but possibly less amicably .
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-04-2018 at 04:55 AM.