Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you a collector?

I could also be called a collector. I have a collection of lingerie and women's clothing. I really like collecting slips.

My clothes collect in my wardrobe and they never stop collecting.

I need another wardrobe now.

The Salvos are collectors as well, they collect my castoffs.

Me, I like collecting money. :-)

Oh! yes, I collect coins.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    I've always been a collector of lingerie. Proof is a couple hundred bras. More than that in panties. When I traveled I would get stuck in a town because of schedules being delayed by weather. Once I was with senior people from a corporation. Our 1 day trip became 3 days. Everyone had to go out snd buy clothes. Since I had done work in that city before one of the women asked me if I knew where she could find some clothes. I gave her some choices and locations. She said so you've been shopping? I had given her the location of an upscale dress shop and Soma. You think she might suspect.

A collector of antique firearms but not clothes.
    Jon
    Last edited by Joni T; 02-04-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Hell-o Jacques,
    I wouldn’t consider my “stash” a collection.
    I think I own just one dress that I haven’t worn
    any longer than it took to try it on to see if it fit.

As far as my SO and her wardrobe goes, I don't
    think she is much of a collector either.
    Although she could possibly be nurturing a problem
    with socks.
    Where would you draw the line on an acceptable
    numbber of pairs of socks before you’d say it’s a
    collection?

Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

yes I'm a collector, I own a lot more than I need. I have about 30 dresses, 30 skirts, many pantyhoses, blouses, coats, high heels and so on. Whenever I go out in public, it's difficult to chose for me, usually I wear different styles and outfits over the course of one day.

Way more stuff than I need, but the eternal female problem of never having anything to wear. I can't look at a pair of stilettos and not want them! I'll also buy a fair bit of clothing, which will all get used, but I have a purge, once a year or so, and send clothing to the charity shop.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

My slips and girdles won't be going. I collect them. When I buy slips or girdles they fall into two categories, one is vintage for collecting and occasional wearing, the other for every day use.

I have been collecting vintage lingerie since in my 20's. Mostly nylon pajamas, peignoirs, babydolls and robes. Recently I began collecting feminine vintage blouses, suits, blazers and slacks. I look for anything especially feminine, lacy or silky. I also have a growing collection of larger size basics like Chico's Travelers slacks, tops and sweaters. I'm a notorious "tag popper" and know all the best thrift stores and best times to shop. I look for L to XXXL items with the plan being to open up an Ebay or Etsy shop specializing in larger size vintage women's clothing that caters to men. My wife says I've been saying that for years and isn't to confident it will ever happen

I’m all over the place on whether I am a collector, hoarder, admirer or just a lover of women’s clothes. I have hundreds of panties that I try to cycle through. Some are not that comfortable yet I still have trouble culling those out. My wife thinks it is excessive, with her only having about a dozen pair, mostly beige cotton. How boring.

I seem to enjoy the acquisition of female clothing as much as wearing it. My wife does have lots and lots of clothes and it used to puzzle me. Now I understand and I want in!

Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    Do you have more than you need? ... do you thinks collecting is a male thing or do the women in your life do it to?
    My first reaction based on the women that I know well - it's a women's prerogative to have more clothes and shoes than you can ever wear. Every time, I'm out shopping and I see something cute, I have to remind myself that I need more "insert item here" like I need a hole in the head. Sometimes that works and sometimes I find little justifications for buying it anyway. Lately its been "Yeah, I have five of these, but I really need them in a smaller size." Of course, my local clothing charity, wins every time I have to do that.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I am certainly a collector but, my wife is a hoarder.
    The only difference is that my collection is neat and organized.
    Especially my five drawers of bras.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

never really thought of myself as a collector but i truly have way too much clothing,
    shoes and make up. i have dozens of heels i've never worn.
    when i was married, i complained for decades about the amount of clothes my
    wife would buy... i finally get it...
    paula

When I find something that fits, I buy several of that type. Simply because the odds of finding it again are not likely. It's been 12 years since I saw the summer PJ set that I liked, lucky I bought a dozen of them. Bras especially; there aren't a lot of barrel chested 46B women out there for them to market bras to. With panties I'm lucky to have a small package, so there are more that might fit.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have to reply to this thread with a very strong yes

I have too many times found an it's I really liked. Only
    to have it go out style, before I needed another.

I have had that happen with the night gowns I like
    The company started only selling to major stores
    Now it is very rare that I find them. And they really have to
    be on sale for me to buy them

And the body shapers that I like the best and fit me the best
    Well they were just discontinued

So if I find just the right. I get plenty to last before they are gone
    Last edited by Raychel; 02-06-2018 at 06:58 AM.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I never though of it in those terms, but I used to be. Now I'm just the opposite. I buy a lot, but the first time I put something on and it doesn't fit or doesn't really do it for me for any reason, it goes in the donate bag immediately. If I haven't worn something in a year or two, it goes. Keeps my wardrobe interesting and I know everything I pick out I love, and it fits.

Aspiring Member
    I am a Collector not Lingerie though, I collect Perfume, I am more of a Panty Fetish so I have just about 12.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

I am a classic fetishistic transvestite and my major fetish is classic slips. So, I have many more of them than I can use. What I like about having such a large collection is the enjoyment and pleasure of coming across a slip that I have not seen or worn for a long, long time. It is like finding an old friend. Every so often I go on eBay and find something of interest and before I know it I have won the auction and have another slip to hang up in my closet. Sometimes I feel as if I am trying to save the best of those lovely classic slips before they disappear for ever. Silly idea really.
    I also have way too many knickers and my knicker draw is stuffed. Slowly I have been culling the knickers by choosing those that look rather old and worn. I will wear them for exercise and then throw them away. That way they have one last good use before being discarded. Luckily I do not have too many outer clothes but even here I could probably cull some. I have two skirts that I pulled out to go to the second hand clothing store but after pulling them out I find they look rather good on me and they are certainly of good quality. So, they sit in limbo while I try to decide their fate.

I collect half slips. My favorites are 28" or longer, preferably satin, and preferably full sweep.

It took years of hunting, but I eventually found one of each color (3) Farr West, four-gore, 33" long half slips which are the nicest satin I've ever felt. Mink (which my wife bought me when we were dating back in the early-to-mid-90s), a black one, and a white one.

I also have several Vanity Fair 11-721 two-gore A-line slips, both black and white, but I'm always on the look-out for candleglow, which are difficult to find.

I counted what I had about a year ago, and I was approaching 75. By now, I'm closer to 90, and my wife says I have more than enough.

Going with these, I have about 15 skirts (all below knee to floor-length), two bridesmaid dresses (I've bought my wife three), three strapless bras (bought her a matching one, too), and two satin blouses I bought just yesterday.

I'll buy another bridesmaid dress when I find one my size, strapless, and sweetheart. I prefer lighter colors, but for example, I bought a matching one to my wife's David's Bridal, but in 'petal', which is really light pink. Hers is burgundy, and it's really enjoyable to me when we're both dressed.

Oh, it'll be both A-line or fuller and hopefully with a train.

I think I'll likely buy a few more satin blouses and I always keep my eye out for appealing skirts & dresses.