Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inanimate objects.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    a dog is masculine whether it's a dog or a bitch and a cat is feminine again irrespective of gender .
    Actually, both "chien" (dog) and "chat" (cat) are masculine in French (un chien, un chat). A female dog is called " une chienne" and a female cat "une chatte".

"Chatte" is also a colloquialism in French for a certain intimate part of a woman's anatomy (as it is in English...)

Aspiring Member
    I don't think I have ever referred to an inanimate object as "he" or "she". It doesn't make sense to me to do that.

I named a boat using a female name, but I never named a car, truck, ATV, guitar, nor disallowed-here hunting gear.
    I have a non-living body part with a male name: Richard, but I call it by its nickname.

My intuition tells me it’s a patriarchal holdover from when women were prized property like a car boat or gun. I doudt anyone is consciously thinking that anymore but that’s my best guess as to the origin of the primarily female names.
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

When absent of any female to feel affectionate towards, perhaps we create the 'she' in other things. Cars, boats, ships, locomotives, etc.. You see guys patting their possessions affectionately the way that they would a GF, sometimes urging them on to do a job (locomotive pulling a long line of cars up a mountain) or ship working it's way through rough waters; a car going up a rocky pass. I've even seen a friend pat his computer and say, 'Come on, baby, mine those bitcoins for me, make us rich'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.