Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's share how our S.O. relationship has changed about our femininity

Let's share how our S.O. relationship has changed about our femininity

Simply put, has you're relationship with your significant other, as it relates to your inner femininity:
    1) Improved
    2) Stayed the same
    3) Worsened

For me #1...I'm so fortunate to share that my relationship with my wife has improved! Our relationship continues to grow and she's more accepting than ever of my feminine soul & spirit!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I'm still waiting for the opportunity to arise to have the talk. I'm pretty sure she will be accepting. I have given her several clues, such as no guy underwear in the laundry and I'm pretty sure she has noticed my bra outline under my Tee shirt. I'm not quite ready to initiate the conversation, though.

I am #1. I am lucky and blessed to have such a wonderful wife who puts up with me.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Greatly improved.
    We spend so much more time and do so many more things together.
    She is totally involved with me, shops with me, critiques my appearance and shares in all aspects of my femininity.
    I'm just so lucky...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

hello,
    my wife says "its only clothes" - that keeps me grounded and I feel supported at the same time.
    luv J

Let's me think....
    Divorced after 30 years due to CD/TG issues......

Hmmmmmm, I think I will go with #3
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I'd have to go with #1 as well. While it's still DADT, my wife tolerates me much better than in the past (I think or maybe there is a reckoning in my future). The last real confrontation that we had was when she realized that I was underdressing two years ago. When I pushed back on her a little, she begrudgingly relented. I'm also fairly certain that she knows that I wear yoga pants and other ladies active wear around the house and when I go grocery shopping. She did mention once last year that my polished nails were embarrassing. That was after I switched to clear gloss on my fingers. I switched back to clear matte for a few months, but late last year switched back to gloss again and the most recent mani was clear gloss gel. She hasn't said a word, given me the silent treatment or been abrupt (all things that she would do when she suspected that I wasn't sitting in my assigned box).
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

Banned Read only
    Probably #1 since we are in a solid "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" marriage. That could change to #3 if she stumbles across my wardrobe. How could I explain to her or any woman I have 158 dresses let alone way too many undergarments?

#1 (improved). I'm in a DADT relationship, but my SO has suggested dresses and skirts to purchase a Ross.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

Mine is #2, staying the same. This is because we already had a great relationship, good enough that she saw this side of me before I did. She encourages me now the same as she did years ago.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I would say improved for me.
    Part Time Girl

Improved, it is a slow process but well worth the wait.

You just need patience.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm happy to say that over the past little more than a year my relationship has go from DADT to one that is accepting and she wants me to be happy and we talk about my dressing now and are slowly moving forward. I think before the summer is over she will see Rach for the first time

Silver Member
    Definitely #1 in my case. Years ago, her admitted attitude toward me was that she'd rather see me dead than in a dress. But between her Catholic beliefs about marriage being for life and her love of the non femme parts of me, the has relaxed. We hardly ever talk about issues that might lead to an argument, so I could never tell her about my needs without her shutting down. So my game plan has been to show her that nothing bad happens when I'm dressed. So we've gone from "Better dead than dressed" to "Only at home, never in public" to "Be discreet when you're out, but I'm not going with you".

I think my approach is possibly the worst way to gain the acceptance of your SO, but I feel it was the only avenue available to me, given my need to express my femininity, and her need to ignore it and unwillingness to have a real discussion about it. The two starting positions were so opposed and the status quo so intolerable to me that I decided that, if she delivered The Ultimatum, I'd rather end the marriage than continue. Fortunately, my gambit paid off. My wife learned that for me, wearing a dress is not equal to needing a sex change, and that I am a better partner and we are better friends

2. We have been married for more than 60 years and she encouraged me from the start. She has shared clothing with me, bought things for me, and still shows me things I would like.

#2 for me.
    Jon

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    I'm going to say a cautious 1, it has improved or is being tolerated better, but the the gap between her acceptance and my needs has still proved too great so we are separating amicably . What the rating is after will be an interesting question !

Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    Definitely #1 in my case. Years ago, her admitted attitude toward me was that she'd rather see me dead than in a dress. But between her Catholic beliefs about marriage being for life and her love of the non femme parts of me, the has relaxed. We hardly ever talk about issues that might lead to an argument, so I could never tell her about my needs without her shutting down. So my game plan has been to show her that nothing bad happens when I'm dressed. So we've gone from "Better dead than dressed" to "Only at home, never in public" to "Be discreet when you're out, but I'm not going with you".

I think my approach is possibly the worst way to gain the acceptance of your SO, but I feel it was the only avenue available to me, given my need to express my femininity, and her need to ignore it and unwillingness to have a real discussion about it. The two starting positions were so opposed and the status quo so intolerable to me that I decided that, if she delivered The Ultimatum, I'd rather end the marriage than continue. Fortunately, my gambit paid off. My wife learned that for me, wearing a dress is not equal to needing a sex change, and that I am a better partner and we are better friends
    My situation is quite similar to yours Suzanne. The exception being my wife still doesn't want to accept me stepping out into the real world.

Karen

I would say #2, I told her before we moved in together and she has been encouraging.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I’m definitely #1 or better. I took the “leap of faith” before the “I do’s”. Yes, lots of dialogue, honesty, reading, but in the end she’s been and continues to be totally supportive. She’s accepted the “why’s”. At first, she was a little tentative, which was expected, but for many years, she’s 100% with me...for which I’m so grateful, especially after reading some of the dilemmas many are in. She bought me another pencil skirt last week. Her suggestions advice and help are irreplaceable.

It's a great big #1 for me. At first there was a lot of tears but with no secrets left between us our relationship really blossomed. In addition to being husband and wife we are each others BFF. She has helped me develop my own feminine style and made the numerous suggestions and improvement to my makeup techniques and products. She also worked patiently with me while a worked to develop a passable feminine voice. We are each others sounding board on new clothes purchases, we may not always agree on styles that we like to wear but we respect each others opinion on how a new item of clothing fits and whether it is figure flattering or not.

She was the driving force in getting me out of the house dressed back in 2010 freeing me from the confines of the 4 walls of our home. Since then I've spread my wings to make a few solo outings enfemme, but much prefer our occasional lunches out with shopping of course. We are in continuous conversation of things that would improve my feminine look and where our next adventure out may take us.
    Jill

#3. To the point of “if she had known she would have never married me”. I had buried it so deep after my teen and pre-teen years that I truly didn’t know either. To my SO it is “creepy”.

I have to say 3 in the beginning. But after much reading and talking to people we know who are in the LGBT community it has come up to a 1. I don't know how long it would stay at 1 if I was Vicky everyday. Since I can't dress everyday anyway do to work and such. We go out together as two girls sometimes, but she won't let me play golf with her as Vicky.

somewhere between 1 and 3, but not 2. While she is OK with me wearing panties, thigh highs, nylons, and leggings (under male clothes), and seeing me put them on in front of here, she is not accepting of anything beyond that. She is aware I have a 'stash' of clothes to go out in in the middle of the night, she does not want anything to do with those or see me in them. When I try to being up the conversation, she doesn't want anything to do with it.

Still trying, but being very patient.

I have not told my wife much at all, BUT since becky emerged I believe my relationship with my wife has improved a lot. I think finding and accepting I have a strong feminine inner core has made me a much better husband I am much more attuned to her needs and more open with my feelings etc... i also think on a more trivial level I have learned so much more about what it is like to be a woman in this world, for example putting on and taking off makeup, heels and sore feet etc etc has made me so much more tolerant and patient..

There has been a direct correlation between our marriage improving and Becky emerging...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec