Thread: T-girl at work died

T-girl at work died

I never had the courage to come out to any friend until I met someone who one day came out and told me he was transitioning to female, developing his own breasts, and so on. It was then that I shared with him that I was a crossdresser. He told a lady who was in her 50s about this too, and she was very accepting, so I let her known about my crossdressing too. He moved to another store about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I was very sad to see him go. But the three of us were planning a girls' night out, which would have been my first time out en femme.
    Last night at work, I found out he committed suicide, shooting himself in the stomach. That's all I know for now. He was a good friend and always seemed to be in a good mood, never seemed depressed. He was the last person I ever thought would do something like this.

Sorry to hear that you lost a friend
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Most likely due to non acceptance from someone in their world.. Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    Most likely due to non acceptance from someone in their world.. Sad
    Actually he/she was involved in a relationship with a man who was fully aware of him being a t-girl, and was very accepting. And I was never told about any discrimination.

You were blessed to have her in your life. Many people go through life without any type friend, TG or straight.

Sorry for your loss! Keep her in your heart! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    That's very sad news that I'm sorry to hear. I guess it shows how well we, especially those of us here, learn to hide things in our life and how valuable it is to accept and love ourselves.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

So sad to read about your friend. There's certainly more to the story that we will probably never know and it would be pointless to speculate. So sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself as you work your way through this.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I'm very saddened to hear about your friend. As Pat says, we may never know the reasons for her decision to end her own life. We just need to remember her bravery for trying to be who she wanted to be and try to do the same in our lives.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

You have my condolences on the death of your friend.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

RainbowDash, I'm so sorry for the loss of your coworker. At least you shared a bond of honesty with your friend. You didn't have to come out at the time, but you did. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Pat; 02-04-2018 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Removed part of response to post that has been deleted.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Thank you everyone for ur condolences. I am very devastated by this loss, and my t-girl friend will be very much missed. We had a lot of plans to hang out together, both in drab and en femme. And now we will never get even a single opportunity.
    Last edited by Pat; 02-04-2018 at 11:05 PM. Reason: removed part of post referencing reply that was deleted.

Sorry to hear about your loss Rainbow. it is hard to lose a fiend like that
    Part Time Girl

My heart goes out to you in your time of grief.

Sorry for the loss of a friend, always sad .
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sorry to hear about your friend but there is no way we can know about their inner struggles .

This is so sad.

The statistics surrounding suicide in the trans community are disheartening. BUT we can provide support in simple ways. Check in with our trans ladies as often as we can. If you are friends IRL with a crossdresser or trans person, talk to them, reach out. We need to let them know they are valued, loved and accepted. Period.

The following is from a the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. A survey done in 2014.
    "Suicide attempts among trans men (46%) and trans women (42%) were slightly higher than the full sample (41%). Cross-dressers assigned male at birth have the lowest reported prevalence of suicide attempts among gender identity groups (21%).
    "Prevalence of suicide attempts is elevated among those who disclose to everyone that they are transgender or gender-non-conforming (50%) and among those that report others can tell always (42%) or most of the time (45%) that they are transgender or gender non-conforming even if they don’t tell them."
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

im sorry that your friend has passed on.

by your description of theyre moving to a new store and never seemed depressed drew ????? for me, suicide by shooting stomach ????? i think their is more to the story....sorry

condolences to those who knew "Her"
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Sorry for your loss of a dear friend Rainbow. I'm glad you posted it on here so we can keep you and your friend in our prayers and minds. This seems to happen often in our community and our community here I think helps each of us to realize that we need to be here for each other if in only words and condolences.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Silver Member
    Sorry for your loss. But, I kinda agree with Mykell.

Sorry to hear about your loss, RainbowDash.

Suicide is one of the hardest things to process for those left behind.

First, condolences on the loss of a friend.

However, I find the fact that the deceased was shot in the stomach to be extremely odd. Basically because most people who commit ( or try to commit) suicide want it to be as quick and painless as possible. And a gut wound is one of the slowest, most painful ways to die. As an investigator, I believe that there is more to this event than is apparent.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Rainbow - I am so sorry for your loss. You seem to be taking it hard as well you should considering the plans you had and the sharing. Hang in there and keep your friend in your heart and memory. Mourn as much as you need to. It's OK.

Betty - Those are some sobering statistics. These are more thorough than anything I have seen before. The breakdown into different categories is interesting. Thanks. It is important for us to keep these figures in mind, not only for ourselves but our friends who have any of the wide variety of forms of near or more developed transgender characteristics. If any of us feel hopeless or helpless in dealing with this or the social stigmas that sometimes occur after a Big Reveal it is important to immediately seek help. Going it alone is not always a good idea. When one is depressed and feeling a bit suicidal it is clear that your brain is not functioning as it should. Therefore, trying to reason it out yourself usually only adds to the desperate feelings because you really can't think properly due to the depression. Some guidance is well worth seeking. Been there - done that. Never again.