Thread: Kind words at Costco

Kind words at Costco

I made a Costco run yesterday to pick up household items plus about 30 lamb chops for the guys' ski weekend next weekend (praying for snow). I was in a scoop-neck pale purple top, girls' white zip hoodie, black skirt/black calf-length tights, and white keds. My hair was up in a high ponytail with a black ribbon in a bow, and I had full makeup on. Going to Costco fully en femme was nerve-wracking -- I'm pretty much dressing full-time now but there were hundreds of people there and no place to hide. Anyway I was heading to the cash register, looking forward to getting out of there, when a passing woman smiled and said "I love your hair. I love your makeup."
    I said oh thanks very much that's very nice of you.
    She put her hand on my forearm and said "I want to show you something."
    She pulled up on her phone a photo of her son, Dominic, who is a drag artist in New York City. He's gorgeous, and you'd never have known him to be a man. I asked if he dresses as a woman all the time and she said gosh no, just for performances. "He would love to."
    I said "For God's sake I'm here dressed like this in a Costco in [my town in NoCal] and he's in New York City and he can’t crossdress!?"
    Anyway we had a nice brief conversation and I told her to tell Dominic that he's beautiful and that there are guys like me (in Costco no less) showing our flag so that people like him can be free. She was quite touched, I think.
    And of course it made my week.

Tracy, what a wonderful story.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Very nice encounter. Remember though that Drag Queens are not your average crossdresser.

I visit this site daily and havent posted much in a long time. Seeing this has made my day!

The avvy pic isn't me
    One great encounter with John/Jane Public can make a whole bunch of bad ones all go away!

Cherish it for as long as you can.

One of these days we all might be able to dress the way we want and we won't have to worry or fret that something bad is going to happen. This can be true if more encounters such as yours are handled the way you did. Good job representing us and kudos to the understanding lady.
    I hope your ski weekend goes well and the snow is good. I bet the lamb chops will.

You were read by a very nice lady,

I hope you have more interactions like that.

A lovely story.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wow what a nice lady.
    I mean there you are in Costco for the whole world to see and she gives you the best compliments ever.

Conversations like that are just precious. We treasure them and rightly so. Such a life affirming encounter.

Wow nice story. I bet that made your day. Thanks for sharing.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Great outing. I routinely do en femme weekend shopping at Costco and Wegmans (wonderful food chain). I'm almost never noticed, even when plowing through the women's clothing or standing in Costco's notoriously huge lines. The ONLY dread is handing the clerk my Costco membership card with my photo on it. Several times I've had to quietly inform the clerk, both M or F, that it was indeed my card. Anyone able to get a second card out of Costco, with your femme photo?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

One more reason to be proud of a sister here. Doubtless, you touched that lady, and very likely her son. Way to bring the light, Tracy.