Thread: Wearing my first dress ever for the first time in a long time

Wearing my first dress ever for the first time in a long time

My first dress I ever bought was a swing dress. I loved it and wore it quite often, never really seeming to tire of it. Then as time went on and I added other dresses to my wardrobe, it seemed to hang in my closet and collect dust. As time went on, I began to feel bad about not wearing it, and I knew I had no desire to give it away.
    Today, maybe out of a sense of loyalty to the dress that helped me get started on being a crossdresser, I pulled it out and wore it, complete with a belt and a tiny jacket that goes down just past the breasts (I forget what its called, I only own 1 of them). I won't lie, I still like the look, although probably not as much as I used to. Over time I've found more dresses and styles I could wear. But I do miss wearing this outfit. Anyone else experience something like this with old clothes?

I think that the little jacket is called a bolero. I don't have any long teem attachments to any clothes, although I do like some of the vintage styles that I find in charity shops.

Aspiring Member
    I gave my first three dresses to goodwill recently as I rarely wore them now and tired of their styles. Plus my CD "kit" was now filling up two suitcases and looking ready to spill over to a third. I can only dress 1 or 2 days a week so it takes me time to work through even a modest wardrobe. If I can dress twice in a week, I try to make one time more casual, one time in a dress. The 5 dresses and two skirts I own now, plus three pairs of jeans (one pink pair) and one pair of leggings, and numerous tops, are enough to keep me from getting bored, though I have one favourite sweater dress I wear more frequently than the others in winter, and one summer dress I prefer in summer.

Aspiring Member
    I too have the first dress that I ever bought and I still love to wear it. It must be about 20 years old now, but it's still in good condition. It has a fairly timeless style, so I can still wear it outside.

Wife let me go thru a big plastic box of some of her old tops and a sweater after she lost weight and got new ones. The old sweater that posted a while back of me wearing it was a sweater she wore many times. I just didn't have the heart not to grab it and make it my own. Not exactly what you were looking for is but special to me when I dress and have it on.

Banned Read only
    I don't have the first dress I ever bought; white sleeveless knee length. In the beginning I was not too knowledgeable about women's sizes, so it did not fit height wise. That's an issue with being six foot one at the time. The waistline rose too high on the torso. Now I buy dresses that are empire waists, sheaths, wraps and avoid anything high waist. Among my 158 dresses I do have some from my early years that do not fit anymore. I don't get rid of them because they are some of my first dresses and they are lacy and very pretty. I do break out on occasion a royal blue long sleeve turtle neck sweater dress which fits nicely.

Due to multiple purgings over the years- all the early dresses and other items are long gone. I think that the first one was a White jacquard swing-dress type. And nice white sandals. But those were decades ago. Toni G..

I had to stop and think what was the first dress I bought. Then I remembered it was a knee length red crossover with wide sleeves gathered at the wrists.

I still have it but in lives in a box with other older things that I haven't worn in years. I'm tempted next chance I get to dress to have a walk down memory lane and put a few of those things on. I bought a pair of red heels to go with it but they're long gone.

Mine was not a dress, but a skirt and blouse. I still have them. Hoping that I will loose enough weight to fit back into the skirt.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Oh, those evil purges come back to haunt us, don't they? I had a dress from The 'Barn that was white with big yellow flowers and a black stripe across the waste and down the front. Absolutely every(!) picture I took in that dress looked great. (Granted that was the lowest weight I'd been in years.) I named it my Steelers Dress 'cuz I it was perfect when I needed black to support my black and gold. I miss it so.

I also had a black and white vertical striped, 3 tiered dress I got through mail order decades ago. I saw a similar version of it at The 'Barn too, and had to stop at 3 or 4 stores to find it in my size. Very comfortable and wonderfully feminine. Miss that one too.

Banned Read only
    Rainbow,
    Ask most women why some clothes still hang in their wardrobe but are never worn . My wife has a lovely blue taffeta strapless dress which I see she has taken to her new home , she hasn't worn it for years !

I have the odd item that should have gone into the recycle bin but I can't bring myself to let them go .

Ahem!!.........
    Forgetting something, Rainbow?
    Pictures. Show us you in the dress!
    Such a tease.
    Thanks
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I'm really attached to my first dress, but oddly have never worn it out anywhere!

It's an evening gown so it needs a special occasion. But... every time a special occasion rolls around, I just can't resist shopping for a new dress! One day...

I still have my first dress from when I was fourteen, unfortunately I had not stopped growing.

I also still have the 32A bras I wore then.

They were a present from an Aunt when I stayed with my niece for a holiday.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

True first outfits are over 50 years ago, but I do own sort-of duplicates in adult size. Navy blue sailor dress, cheerleader, schoolgirl uniforms. I have watched the swimsuit sites trying to find the one piece design that my cousin had back in 1970, but so far, nothing in my current size has shown up.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.