Thread: Disconnected....

Disconnected....

I’m one who doesn’t get to dress often and I’ve made peace with it. But I find when I can’t dress I feel disconnected here. Not that anyone is less civil or compassionate or the topics different I just don’t have experiences to share and I’m rarely in any position to offer advice.

Anyone else ever feel that they just don’t have anything to offer or take away.
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

Brynna, I don't get to dress that often but this place actually helps me deal with my lack of dressing opportunity. I feel I can really be myself here, and there are lots of great topics that you could contribute your opinion to and lots of great girls to meet, you can also learn a lot.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Bryanna, I'm like you I don't dress often but I do love coming here for all the great non-judgemental support you can get. I have learned to relax and be content with when I can make a comment and not worry about how often. Similar to when I was working I wouldn't speak up at staff meetings unless I thought I had something useful to contribute. On the forum I am trying to leave compliments more often but on some long threads where what I want to say has already been said multiple times I usually won't add a comment. We all have different personalities and different levels of comfort with how much we want to or can contribute.

Brynna everyone one has their way dealing with limited dressing. I find though that I am still learning and feel I need to support those that get to dress often. I guess I live vicariously thru them.
    Everyone's contribution of support to the poster is appreciated. JMHO

Brynna,
    I'm in the same boat that you are. Lately, weeks will go by and I will not even be able to underdress, even briefly. I have not shopped for anything since last summer and that was only for some panties (I'm addicted). I find it frustrating as well but for me it has been my choice to remain in the closet. Coming on to this forum helps and I still look forward to opportunities in the future.

Lacey

I do not get to dress as often as I might desire but that doesn't stop me from coming to this forum and sharing thoughts and opinions and mostly learning from others.. This forum is always informative for me and I enjoy hearing how others are doing, coping and improving. I figure there is always something I can learn from all the great folks here.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You only feel disconnected because you choose to be.
    You are still the same person even if you can't dress that day so stick around and interact more often.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-05-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Yeah, I sometimes feel the same. But for different reasons.

It feels that the vast majority here are married and over 50. So I can't really help or relate to a lot of the topics.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't post on 90% of the threads and posts I read here because I don't have anything to say or add to the conversation.
    A lot of threads just talk about stuff I'm not into and can't relate but I don't feel disconnected over it.

Nothing wrong with having nothing to add or say. Maybe by being on here we can help you find your own path. In the meanwhile, just add what you can and enjoy.

Silver Member
    Sabrina, of course you can contribute. Its not an age or married thing. You CD. We do to. We share, hopefully to the benefit of most. If you drop your age and married thinking and concentrate on the message, you can relate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina.K View Post
    It feels that the vast majority here are married and over 50. So I can't really help or relate to a lot of the topics.

Don't feel disconnected! I have not fully dressed in going on two months! Do you gain anything when you read the threads? Thank the person for sharing! Give your opinion if they ask for it! We are all sisters here! Enjoy what and when you can! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I get to dress roughly once a week, and for me that isn't nearly enough, but work, family et-al have to be accommodated. There are many threads that I have no connection with or experience of, but I read most things and comment on those that do have relevance to me. When I can't dress (currently in the middle of a 3 week wait) I find coming here keeps me connected to what I call 'the community' and that certainly makes the waiting easier.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I often find that I don't have anything to add to what others have commented.
    In that case, I see no value in commenting just to comment.
    However, even if I am not commenting, I am grateful for what others are sharing. I've learned a lot here.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've never felt out of place in the, "Male to Female, "Clothing and Beauty", or, ""Photos", Forums. But, I DO get slapped around for making thotless or ignorant comments in a few of the other Forums where I'm a fish out of water!

I have felt a disconnect often when I'm out among other dressers, tho. When I wear a mask or when I showed up in male mode.

Oddly, even T's that know me tended to ignore me in man mode when everyone was dressed except for Admirers!
    So, even tho I'm uncomfortable out dressed without a mask, I do it in order to get along with other T's.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Brynna, there ARE members with much in common with you. Members have posted that they are deep in the closet or DADT and get to dress only once or twice a year. When you read a post that looks similar to your situation, send a PM and see if there is a connection.

I have often felt that I have said the wrong thing and have been complimented for my remarks.
    On some other forums on here I have left a comment and have been lambasted for it and howled down mercilessly.
    So, I don't go there and offer anything these days.
    At the end of the day it is just another internet bulletin board and you have to realise that there are a myriad of views here from a very wide source of personalities.

It is a helpful and compassionate forum and does help those that seek it it is just that we may not express ourselves in the way that others think.
    So when you write asking for a comment do not despair if no one answers, take comfort in the number of reads you get.

You see the other participants just may not connect with you this time. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Brynna,

You are fine. When you feel like it you dress but it is perfectly fine to not feel like dressing for long periods. I find my needs have waxed and waned over time. I used to worry about it but now I just accept that it is the way it is. If you are not feeling like your feminine self then perhaps you have some difficulty relating to some of the discussions. I don't see that as a problem. Just relax and be yourself.