Thread: The Flu Bug and Femme

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar

The Flu Bug and Femme

So about two weeks ago I got hit by the flu hard. I've never taken a flu shot and I rarely get more then a light cold in the winter flu season. I'm sure I've had the flu before but this was the worst I can remember. It hit me Saturday but I got up and exercised and figured I'd fight my way through it. Sunday I was a total mess, couldn't get out of bed. Called in Monday, first time I've called into work sick in my life. Went to work Tuesday and Wednesday though it was a terrible idea, I was mostly just a zombie. Took the rest of the week off and didn't really feel better until Monday.

So the entire time I was sick any thoughts of dressing up, desires for feminine trappings, all that stuff was gone. I didn't really get those feelings until this weekend, and especially today. My wife was sick and called into work, and I've been frustrated all day that I couldn't dress up.

Anyway, this just goes on to reinforce my theory, I'm a fair weather crossdresser. Everything has to be hunky dory in my life then boom, it hits me, I want to be a girl, otherwise I don't even think of it.

That happens to me sometimes too, Sarah. I hardly dressed at all last month due to feeling sick. The important thing is that we not beat up ourselves. Just be thankful that you are feeling better and are returning to your normal self!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I never had a flu shot and never had the flu. They actually called school off on Thursday, Friday, and Monday. All the surrounding small towns called it off also. Told all the extra curricular activities to not participate also.
    I stay away from town most of the time and out at the farm so I'm not really exposed. Now I've been sick at my stomach before and dressing was definitely think last thing I would have thought of also. I'm glad you survived and can get back to dressing. Take care though and don't get a second case.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I just got over the flu. I tested positive for the flu but since I had the shot the symptoms weren't so bad.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I got a flu shot in early November and, so far, I haven’t gotten the flu. I have had it in years past though. However, I was in the hospital three times and had two surgeries for kidney stones last Fall.

Like you, Sarah, I find that when I’m sick I loose interest in crossdressing. Additionally I loose interest in everything that I’m normally passionate about. So it’s not just crossdressing, it’s everything.

However, even though I don’t want to get dressed, I still am girly and wear a nightgown in bed or curled up on the couch.
    My favorite dress is a Dirndl.

I lose all interest in dressing up when I am sick, but don't think it affects my underlying personality or motivations, just the practicalities of trying to look nice. I don't want to do anything when I'm out of it - simple, comfortable clothes I can get dirty are called for - I don't care which side of the aisle they come from. I certainly won't be doing anything that is a bother like stockings, heels, forms, makeup, shaving. But I can still get a kick out of looking at my polished nails or earrings, or spending time reading messages and viewing photos here.

I will be going back to work tomorrow after a full week out sick. I'm sure the will to dress up and look good will follow soon for both of us.

- Diane

Sarah, had the flu over New Years weekend and did wear a nightgown and satin robe while lounging on the couch trying to beat it. It was as much for warmth, had terrible chills, but en femme just the same.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sarah,

We are just glad you have recovered. Hope things your way continue to improve.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I am also on the up side from the flu. I have slept only in panties bra and nightgown for years. When I got sick I had the chills baaad, couldn't keep warm. Asked my wife to see if she could find my mens lounging pants and a sweet shirt. They helped and I've been a week in that mode. Didn't feel like dressing but didn't feel like fishing either. When your sick your sick.

I'm hearing now a virus is going around that is just as bad as the flu, but it is not the flu virus. What is a girl to do ? We have bugs to hide from, other people who don't understand us and all we want is to be ourselves, leading two life styles. It's a complex life/lives to live, but I'm happy to do it.

Banned Read only
    Even with the flu, I always wear a nightgown to bed, and panties.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maybe that's a good way to tell if u r a CD or a TS? Do u still want to dress when you're not feeling well?

In that case, I'm a CD for sure! I got the flu at a family Xmas gathering. And, Sherry missed an "invitation only", New Years Eve party in the Hollywood Hills!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    When you are sick you don't want to do much of anything so being TG/TS/CD has very little to do with anything in that situation

I’m a CD, and when I’m sick I just want to lay in bed - clothing becomes irrelevant for me!

Silver Member
    Sarah H... when you are sick with the flu, you should not go into the office, as you can easily spread it to others.

Get the flu shot, everyone! And, if you are elderly, get the special one for seniors. If the flu is viral in your area, avoid crowds as much as possible. Some apparently healthy people have died from this flu.

When im sick all I want to do is get into my nightie and go to bed!! I fall into robertacd corner lol

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    When you are sick you don't want to do much of anything so being TG/TS/CD has very little to do with anything in that situation
    That's what I was wondering about. I was thinking that a truly hardcore transgender person would still have gender feelings even when sick.