Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your preferred term?

I can't call it just wearing cloths since there's also wigs, makeup and jewelry involved. Trying to walk like a woman in heels isn't just cloths either. I don't call it anything other than crossdressing.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Ah-May-Lee
    I call it "Running the Gauntlet" When I go out every creep, idiot, nut job seems to be on the same street I walk down.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

My wife will ask me if I had a chance to Dress. So I call it Dressing.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    When I'm out of the house I call it "not subject to arrest for being naked".

Yes, it's comfortable, but it's not the only thing that makes me comfortable. Not a hobby in itself, although developing a sense of fashion that works for me has the creative aspect associated with a hobby. Getting Pretty is a relative term, maybe attempting to approach pretty? Way of Life extends well beyond just the female clothing I might wear, because in my life I wear male stuff as well, sometimes both at the same time. It's not my only secret so I can't use that. Dressing implies there is a realistic option for being naked and I'm just not that much of a sadist to push that on others. I've tried "Getting my Girl On" from time to time and that approaches the outward expression, but there probably isn't a single word that doesn't already have other meanings.

Maybe I have to call it "Outwardly Expressing Sarah" or maybe "Showing Sarah", since my insides don't necessarily change regardless of the clothes, makeup, hair, forms, shoes and accessories I choose to wear.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

h-m-m-m. Let's see now...
    Well, I wear panties all the time. They're just my undies. In fact, if I have to put on a male pair (I own two) for things like doctor visits - they're my 'boy undies'
    At nights or lounging about the house, I'll be in nighties and possibly a robe. This the wife is OK with, and will even suggest "Why don't you go and get comfy?"
    I don't do anything else around her (She doesn't want to see it and I respect her wishes - a limitation *I* can live with), but if I mention it, I'll say something like "getting more girly."
    In my heart of hearts, I think of it as being able to express the 'real, inner' me.

I call it relaxing my wife will ask me what I am doing when out of town and I say relaxing and she will say oh I see I am talking to Laura tonight. I describe my self as a crossdresser

Gold Member
    I call it "Tranny'ing". Sometimes perhaps "doing drag full time". I live this full time.

Not PC terms by a long shot but I am not good at PC
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Before I found this forum, it was probably my dirty little secret. Now I know that there are others like me, and while crossdressing is still not "normal" it is far from totally unique. So now, my crossdressing is just my secret - no longer a dirty one.

I agree with pretty much all the above descriptions at some point . I tell my wife Susan`s my `alter ego` . She understands that and agrees that my different side of me `comes out`when i`m fem and she finds me a `nicer` ,easier to talk with person as that I`m much more relaxed. Hmmmmm

Silver Member
    I call it Living my Truth as a gender fluid person.

Platinum Member
    Hi Little G , It's just who I am and it's just what I do, No labels needed.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

If I had to describe crossdressing. I would describe it just as "ME." It is so much a part of ME that describing it would be impossible for ME.

A way of life

I call it 'breaking gender norms' that say how men have to dress and what men can wear.

hello,
    "dressing up" is one of my hobbies; one that I do in private but not in secret,
    luv J

OMG "relieving stress" (my preferred term). My dressing is a perfect storm of sexuality, job related issues and how it just feels right. Also its a win win with my GF when I tell her; hey do mind if I dress or she will say, you should dress today?
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Silver Member
    Although I'm not "out" I think of it similarly to Tracii, it is just part of who "me" is.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Simply put, it's who I am.

No two people are exactly the same.

If someone wants to put a label on me, that is beyond my control of course.

An art form. I have fun with it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

For me, its a form of acting. I like being able to get myself into a skirt or dress and then start adopting female mannerism action. I've been told that when I'm dressed as a woman that my eye contact is so much better than when I'm in drab.

I just think of it as the way I am. I am out to the people closest to me, but I can't help thinking that there is residual guilt , or social programming, that keeps me from being out to the larger world. In can't help thinking that I would be of greater service to the community if I could just get over those last barriers to living as my true self.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

It is a way of life for me. I would call it dressing.
    Part Time Girl

I call it dressing, my hobby, an art form or one of my favorite pastimes. My wife ask me what I did on my day off the other day and I just smiled, she said, ah, you were taking selfies again! That's why you're is such a great mood.

I started calling it a secret hobby. Till eventually it became a secret life style. Now it is a semi-secret life style.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

The avvy pic isn't me
    It's more about gender and less about clothing for me.....

And I misplaced my current issue of the international glossary of terms, but there's many to choose from for folks who identify as mid-spectrum trans: non-binary, gender fluid, gender non-conforming, gender variant, dual/bi-gendered.....etc, etc.