Thread: Travelling to US with Clothes, forms etc

Travelling to US with Clothes, forms etc

Has anyone ever had a problem crossing the border with your things in your checked baggage?

Thanks

The only time I was out of the country dressed was in Brazil. My luggage got lost for a day going there. It got delivered to my hotel room with no issues. On the return there were no issues at all. I do not think the border guards care. It is not contraband or weapons.

Clothes are not an issue, batteries 2 way radios computers and other electronic paraphernalia gets a check and you are asked for an explanation occasionally.

That is my experience, five times around the world.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

if you are travelling by land, you should have no problems, by air, there is a good chance that your baggage will be checked.

Thanks, I don't mind it getting checked by air. Having to explain my boobs in a suitcase in a room I am not crazy about haha. I am probably just being paranoid about it!

Banned Read only
    If your concern is hotel staff going through your personal effects how would you explain women's clothing hanging from a clothes rack? I am assuming you are not being accompanied by a female. If it is just the "boobs" in a hotel room perhaps selecting a hotel which has an personal safe in each room. I've been in many hotel rooms that have security safes, the code of which is set by the traveler.

Banned Read only
    I am not sure what your concern is. TSA is not looking for crossdresers. Chances are your luggage will bring no more than a smirk to the face of the TSA agent.

Worst case you have to admit to someone that you will never see again that you like to dress up as a woman.

Even under our current administration, that is still not a crime.

Ive went over the border many times, had my suitcase in the back. They took a look, said nothing, sent me on my way.
    No boob check because I was wearing them. As long as it is legal to bring across, they dont care.

Pretty in Pink

I haven't flown internationally in a while. But I have flown domestically, and I packed my forms in my carry-on. I expected to be caught by the X-ray. I just quietly told the TSA guy that I had packed forms, and he asked if I wanted to go to a private room for the inspection -- before I even got a chance to ask. I was no problem at all.

It would have been a lot different if I had been traveling with a work colleague, but I was travelling alone.

In the US, forms are an approved medical device, whether they're being carried by a man or woman.

But, know your rights an be ready to insist on them.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have flown into the US and back home to Israel many times with breast forms in my checked baggage. I have never had an issue or even a question, and flights from the Middle East I believe are given special scrutiny.

I never thought twice about traveling with my clothes. In fact back in the days before TSA I used to pak a red thong and bra in my brief case just to pull out and ask if that's what they were looking for. They got laughing so hard they just passed me through.

Have flown between Canada and the US many times with my femme clothes, forms, etc in both checked and carry on baggage with no issues.
    The only time I was asked anything at all was the time I wore a bra thru the scanner.

I have made numerous trips both internationally and domestically with piles of my female clothing including breast forms packed into my suitcase. Never a problem and why would it be. Drugs yes, knickers, no.

If you check your bags rather than taking them through security so you can stow it overhead, how is someone inspecting your luggage going to know it belongs to a crossdresser? Wouldn't they assume that women's clothes are going to be worn by a woman?

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Hey Kali, I just travelled pretty this week from Little Rock to Las Vegas and later back. I had on hip and breast forms and had no problems. I had more problems with my shoes setting the metal detector off.
    I also had some forms in my checked luggage and it was inspected both trips. Blobs of silicon must be scary to TSA.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Thanks all. I know it's just paranoia and that no one really cares!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Stevens View Post
    Blobs of silicon must be scary to TSA.
    I understand that blobs of silicone look a lot like Plastique or C4.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.