Thread: They’re all around us

They’re all around us

Wherever you are in this journey this is just further proof that “we are not alone”. The principal of Swampscott(MA) elementary just came out as TG . Hopefully this puts us further towards acceptance.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Jocelyn,

The real test in this case will be if the parents are supportive. I'll be surprised if there's not at least a handful who'll find reason to object on the grounds that it's confusing for their child. Let's hope that there's many to outweigh those few.

Having said that, you're right, we're not alone and more and more people are finding the strength to come out.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

From my experience I know the younger generation is more supportive of TG issues. I hope this works out for the best.

Banned Read only
    The younger generation may be more supportive than older generations. However, it does not take but a few to ignite a firestorm. Several years ago there was a firestorm generated at the high school level when returning from summer break a transwoman showed up. Out came intolerance and the pitchforks. My wife is a teacher. She comes home with some incredible stories of bullying even at the kintergarten age. That comes from parents. I hope the kids and adults learn from her revealing of true self.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We have a gay mayor where I live and I had high hopes for him because he is one of us but turns out he is a sleazy politician like all the rest.
    Don't get your hopes up is all I'm saying. Gays ,TG's are all human and ones in places of authority can still be a holes and fall short of doing the right thing.

TG's , we have them everywhere. they can be seen in rural as in urban all the time,Must be that more are coming out and most here don't even care
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I see "out" trans people almost daily here in my city and honestly its not a big deal.

Jocelyn is right, the test will be the parents. My fiancee was a school board member for a large municipality and she said they were constantly moving principals in order to keep parents happy.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The avvy pic isn't me
    How does that one adage go 'Growth often comes though pain'.

It's not just all the people in the public eye coming out, it's how society deals with it, and learns from it when the dust settles.

May this one event happen peacefully for everyone. School administration peeps will be a good test wherever it happens. Because you can just about bet that there will be several parents who are full of moral outrage and petty phobias.