Thread: Dreams to Hope to Reality

Dreams to Hope to Reality

I am now in my 50’s and have been dressing since around 12...so almost 42 years of my life. I have purged twice, once in my early 20’s and again after my wife caught me in the act in my early 30’s. We are still together which I think is a testament to her/our commitment to our marriage.

DREAMS: I know that even early in my teens, I always dreamed that I could find someone that would understand, be supporting, not have any issues with me being a CD, and participate fully with this thing I love (we love) to do. Having the nerve to be open about this, for me at least, was not possible. I guess it was a fear of complete rejection that made being open such a difficult thing to overcome. It did not mean that maybe my dreams wouldn’t come true...it was just going to be hard for it to come too fruition. My wife’s reaction when she caught me was a sobering day where I knew my dreams would not happen.

HOPE: We talked. We talked a lot. We cried some tears in between. It took years, but my wife finally did come to understand that I need this to be a part of my life. My dreams had turned to hope that at some point I could get some positive feedback to my dressing. About 4-5 years ago she started letting me have time to dress (tonight is one of those times) in the house(behind closed doors). This would lead to a few occasions when I had asked her to pick up some things that I needed...press on nails and mascara being the most common. She would do this and I again had a hope that this would lead to more acceptance on her part. However, after a long talk a few weeks ago, my hope turned to Reality.

REALITY: My reality is that my wife will never understand this part of me. She can only see me as a man. Any form of femininity on my part is impossible for her to be a part of. It took many years, but I am happy that I finally understand this about her. I think it has given me some realistic expectations moving forward. I will be given my time, but it will always be time to be alone.

I must add that I am truly thankful for the commitment that my wife has made to us. It is hard for her at times, but she is always there. I am also thankful for all of you...those that are no longer a part of this group, those that are always here, and those that will join in the future. All of you have helped me accept who I am, and it is awesome to know that I am not alone in spirit.

My hope is that your dreams are a reality.

Katie

My dreams of dressing openly in front of her anytime I wished came true June 2006. After retiring this past April most days I dress at least 23 hrs. a day. We shop for Angie and if it's just her shopping and see's something I may like she will buy it for me.
    Angie

I can't speak for others, but this was a heart-wrenching story when I read it. I completely understand the need to be understood!

While your wife can't understand this part of you, at least you have this online community who does. We will never be a substitute for your wife, though. At least she is willing to let you partake in this once in a while. That says that while she doesn't understand the why for you, she at least understands the need. For that, you have a lot to be thankful.

I wish you the best in the pursuit of your dream too.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/