Thread: "How do you walk in those heels all day?"

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar

"How do you walk in those heels all day?"

So sometimes at work, when I have to cover for somebody, I'm required to go pick up some boxes at another warehouse from where I normally work.

One afternoon when I was there a lady came down from the office to help me with the manifest paperwork.

She was wearing, from what I could see exposed under her jeans, some very cute black peep-toe heels; my guess was that they must've been at least five inches high with some platform.

I was tempted to ask her how she wore them all day at work; then was also the thought of asking her how high they were.

Yet I asked nothing and made no comments about them.

Side notes:
    She walked really well in them and had to walk down and and back up a flight of stairs from the office to where I was (stairs visible from where I was).

Have you ever wanted to ask a woman about her heels?

Last edited by Alice_2014_B; 02-17-2018 at 06:17 AM.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I've worn my wife's calf hi boots around the house all day. It just takes time getting used to walking in them. After a while, it was like I've been wearing them a long time.

Have actually asked and had a nice conversation with the person. Nothing was said by her in a negative way at all. I also learned that while sitting at her desk, she kicked them off.

I have found that after wearing heels all weekend, it feels weird wearing my guy shoes on Monday......
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

My SO stopped wearing heels for having trouble with her feet and toes wearing them all day standing.

I do not thin I could wear them all day.

Hug, Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

There were many times I wanted to ask a woman where she got her shoes.... does that count?

I asked the manager at a thrift store where I shopped for dresses. She always dressed nice. Claimed her heels were just fine, comfortable, if they fit right.

Who hasn't wanted to ask about a nice pair of pumps or sandals? Let alone how some women can wear them all day seemingly with out a thought. But I am too afraid of outing myself.

I've never asked anyone myself, but have been on the receiving end of that question a few times. The answer is, "years of practice!"

- Diane

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Working with an all female staff previously the conversation sometimes turned to clothing. One woman wore heels all day, and, sounding as casually about it as I could, I asked her if it made her feet hurt. Her answer was 'you just get used to it', and having worn 4 inch heels all day I have to concur.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Alice I have wanted to ask a lady once how she could stand all day in her heels but didn't ask. I did notice a few thing though this lady was about five foot two and probably only weighed 100 lbs soaking wet. She alway wore tall heels but her feet weren't very large and I figured that had something to do with the wearing them as long daily as she did. By the way this lady was also a runner in 5 K's and long distance races. I bet her feet were in shape and probably helped her wear the heels also. She has good calf muscles and a cute figure.

If she was young maybe she has worn high heels for a long time.

If this is the case her feet and calf muscles are probably stretched and she feels little discomfort.

Unlike an occasional wearer who feels discomfort after an hour or two.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I've been able to wear a pair of 3 1/2 inch heels with a narrow heel all day. That was a good twelve hours. Sometimes I see female anchors or correspondents on television wearing very high heels, perhaps five inches. They seem to move without any discomfort, although perhaps they shed the heels when going off the air. At the mall I see women, usually young women and older teens, wearing platforms with a high angle. It amazes me they can negotiate stepping up a curb or stairs. I guess the mind adjusts to the height of the platform and subconsciously raises the leg to a higher level, less the woman tumble onto her face. I suppose I could ask a young woman who I know well if the height or angel bothers them at all. My wife has had a foot operation which resulted in a fused big toe. She can no longer wear heels and that bothers her. With all the podiatrists telling women to avoid wearing extremely high heels for a long time, I wonder if those women will regret it later on in life. It seems the older a woman gets the lower the heel gets.

With a smile and non threatening appearance, I have asked women about all kinds of things. Whether it is shoes, clothing, nails or jewelry, they have always been willing to talk about it.

When I am walking on a roof I could pretend I am on a flat surface in heels. Practice, practice, practice...

Stairs are my arch nemesis
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/154785793@N04/
    Flickr Nickiem83
    Sephora is my drug.

Silver Member
    I will compliment a woman's shoes or dress, but not ask her anything specific about them. Oddly enough, I get a lot of comments and inquiries about mine, such as "Where did you get them?" and "How can you walk so well in them?". My answer is 40 years of playing hockey. A skate blade is tougher to balance on than a 4 inch pump.