Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaved legs in public

Shaved legs in public

Other than my accepting wife, no one knows that I crossdress. I'm thinking of keeping my legs shaved over the Summer but I'm worried about what others may think. I know it is more common nowadays for men to shave their legs but are we at a point in time where no one really cares? I also know that some men naturally have very little leg hair so I'm not sure if I'm overthinking this or not.

Start riding a bike and then you can say that you keep your legs hair-free just like the other cyclists. Oh and being out on the bike with bare legs means they will be nicely tanned too.

You know your friends and family better than we do. Strangers won’t be walking up to you commenting on your legs. So it’s just a matter of how the people close to you will react and only you can judge that.

I have shaved my legs for 12 yrs now. I have heard a few comments from close friends when they first saw my legs but they grew tired of it and it became a normal thing. I have heard from a female friend that works with me that my shaved legs are the only thing the other females talk about, take that for what it’s worth...it all is worth it in the end when you shave, put lotion on and a brand new pair of pantyhose. Nothing beats that. I do ride a road bike but have stopped using that as the excuse and just tell people yup I shave my legs, why...I don’t like leg hair.

I live in the land of perpetual summer (AKA Florida) where shorts weather is pretty much 12 months out of the year. I've had my legs shaved for ~3 years now and nobody has noticed or commented on them.

I've got an excuse cooked up if anybody asks, but never needed it.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I have lost most of the hair on my legs so wearing shorts look great and nobody says anything. But I do shave them when needed.
    Part Time Girl

Agree 're bike. And much easier to slap the fake tan in at the start of the season if you're hair free! Who cares? 😁

I have had my legs shaved for over 20 yrs. In fact shaved nose to toes. I have never had anyone question it. Even though I am known in our town.

Kelsey

I had the same concerns at first.
    When I took the plunge (nose to toes) I had only 2 people comment. One was a female coworker and the other my mother-in-law. I simply said I didn't like all the hair and that was that.
    Friends never commented and truth be told, I didn't care if they did. Now it's just natural.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

For a long time now I haven't worried about having shaved legs and them showing. I rarely get questions about it. May be that no one cares or too timid about asking me . My take is do it and enjoy the feeling.

Ime people do notice, I catch them noticing all the time during shorts season, but of course strangers and casual acquaintances are unlikely to quiz me about it. Family members have asked me why, but even though I used to ride a bike for exercise I would feel silly using that excuse cuz unless you're very serious about cycling leg hair isn't really an issue. Instead I simply explain that I'm not a very hairy person to begin with and as I've gotten older my leg hair has become patchy, bald in some spots etc, and I don't like the way it looks and feels so I simply shave them occasionally. I like this explanation cuz it's the truth and nothing but the truth ...... it's just not the whole truth. ;-)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    People may notice but chances are they won't comment because its none of their business.
    I have to ask if you had a male friend and he shaved his legs what would you say? Would you call him gay because I think that might be what you are worried about altho' you did come out and say it. Plus they won't automatically think you are a cross dresser because you shave them. Pretty sure that the last thing they would think.
    What gives anyone the right to question if a guy shaves his legs or not?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-11-2018 at 01:56 PM.

I have naturally hairless legs and have only had one comment in my life. A GG asked me once if I shaved my legs and I said why would I? I do wear shorts from April to September.
    Honoring the woman within

I've kept my legs, arms, back, and chest shaved year round for at least 7 years. One comment! One! All the fears were for naught. Do it, be proud of it, and if asked whether you shave, respond with: "Yes I do. Why do you ask?"

YMMV
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

A long time ago, I started shaving my legs on a regular basis, but my SO soon strenuously objected so I would only do it periodically. A couple of years ago, I decided to go back to always shaved. Other than that one time, no one has said a word to me and I haven't been roughed up by the manliness compliance squad.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    My guess is Karen most don’t care, notice yes some do but don’t care. I never want leg hair again so I’m keeping mine clean and have for a few years now

Aspiring Member
    I've been shaving my legs for just over a year now. I am an avid road cyclist, so I have my cover story :-)

Other than my wife, either nobody has noticed or has dared mention it.
    Last edited by JeanTG; 02-11-2018 at 04:40 PM.

The avvy pic isn't me
    I live in a very red-neckish little town, in a fairly red-neckish state and in 12 yrs of hairless leg and nearly 6 yrs being completely shaved nose to toes I've never been questioned.

Yes, there are inquisitive looks, double takes and people pointing and whispering to each other, but others opinions of me are none of my business.

Other than those close to you, it's really a moot point. Like someone above said, once someone you know mentions it, it becomes old news quickly.
    I've been on and off the road bike over the yrs and people assumed I started it for that reason, but one look at the rest of my everyday gender presentation and it becomes rather obvious I do it to be hair free and still no one feels the need to say a thing about it.

It's a moot point, just do it and enjoy!

As long as your wife is good with it, I can assure no one cares! I was hairy from head-to-toe, now completely hairless. I have lifelong friends and family, of course, not one single word from anyone. I work out at a gym and run competitively and no one has ever said a word. We all worry too much about what others think when they really are too self-absorbed to pay any attention.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I have been shaving, or waxing my legs since I was 16 years of age, I will be 68 next month and in all that time nobody has ever asked why.

I've kept my legs shaved year round, for at least 8 years, and only a few people have noticed and said anything. I say, do what makes you happy, there really isn't any reason to worry.
    Stephanie

My legs have been totally shaved for years with no problem. I say go for it.

I've had shaved legs for over 20 yrs. Only one person said anything about it and now they have shaved legs.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I have shaved my legs for so many years. My wife started it and nobody has ever commented, in fact I'm not sure they ever noticed. People aren't thinking about my legs when they see me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Karen ,My legs have been hare free for over 50 years now and no one has ever said anything about them,

Only myWife knows about my dressing,

After very many years of Epilating the hair just gave up and stopped growing. >Orchid ......
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 02-11-2018 at 08:06 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!