Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaved legs in public

Like BlueOrchid, I have hairless legs no one has ever commented except when I was eighteen
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have been shaving my legs/epilating for years, I have had one run in which I recounted here: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...good-way/page3
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

It took me a while to get comfortable with shorts on in public and in front of extended family. Since there is no way I'll ever go back to hairy legs, I just got used to telling people that I prefer my legs shaved. After doing it for a while you will get used to it and it won't be any issue for you.

I have never had a problem with going around with my legs shaved. No one notices.

Platinum Member
    I've posted a number of times on this forum that I have no hair follicles on the back on my legs. That's the thighs and the calves. What little hair on the front, i.e., shins, is light and fine and hard to notice. I'm seventy. My adult daughter about three years ago asked me if I shaved my legs. Thirty years without her ever noticing? If you're going to shave your legs how is that going to compare with the rest of the body, the chest and back and arms? Are you going to have bare legs, but, hairy elsewhere? Get rid of the chest hair and hair on your back too. Thin out your arm hair. I noticed on your bio page that your wife is supportive but does not want to participate. How does she feel about it?

I have shaved my legs at the start of many business trips and will often walk around weekends etc in shorts no one ever seemed to notice. Also we were recently at a BBQ where all the guys were swimming... I noticed that 3 of my friends have absolutely no leg hair.. I know the one has zero body hair, but the others have hair on their arms and chests but not legs perhaps they shave them.. nobody seems to notice anything.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Overthinking it.

I overthought it for 30 years. Started shaving everything year-round 3 years ago, and can’t wait to wear shorts in the summer. Only a couple of observations, nothing much, and I live in a very conservative town.

You just got to own it. Someone asks why? Cause I like them shaved. Hate body hair. Feel cleaner. Look better. I cycle and swim, but I don’t use that as a reason. Don’t be defensive, just confident.
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Not sure if they care Karen, but some will definitely stare! Twice!
    I'm another one in the 20-30yr hair free club and can only agree with the others and say be confident and own it. Just think, it's just the leg hair and not a pink Tutu!

Avoiding brightly coloured clothing and footwear eg; Women's running shorts with bright red shoes. Does stop some of those eyes being drawn to your legs in the first place! But that's just what I've noticed.

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I've had shaved legs on and off the last several years. No one has ever commented.

I'm in shorts all of the time around people, either at the Y (gym), playing tennis and golf, coaching tennis (high school boys and girls). No comments. I actually look to see if other guys have hairless legs. It looks like a few do, but of course I never ask.

Last year I started shaving my arms, again on and off. They are shaved right now (I'm currently down under where it's summer, so I'm in short sleeves all of the time). No one has noticed that either (not even sure my wife has).

If someone were to ask, I can tell them I've been doing for triathlons for 30 years and it makes it easier to put on sunscreen. But no one ever notices.

Consuelo is right! Really any athletic activity has dudes that shave their legs, and I'm imagining they cant all be CDs. I've had to answer for mine a couple of times, but usually explaining how moisture sweat) evaporates faster from bare legs, they eitherlose interest or agree that it makes sense (which it does). Plus biking makes your legs look AMZNGG!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Have you ever noticed MMA fighters shave their legs?
    Pretty sure no one calls them gay or assumes they crossdress or even laughs in their face about it.
    The only one that has a problem with it is you.

I am another one to say, Legs have been shaved for years.
    No one has ever said a word.

Only one person has said anything about my shaved chest.
    A great friend, She asked where all my chest hair went.
    I simple told her, a hairy chest looks really bad with a dress on, She laughed.
    End of story, lol
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I shave my legs for years, no one looks at your leg .

No problem here.

Hugs, Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I have been shaving my legs and under arms for a little more than two years. I go to a gym daily. No one has ever said a word. In fact I shaved last night.

I've always shaved my legs. Since I've never had hair on my legs I never had to deal with anybody noticing change. I'll confess, though, that even after 45+ years of shaved legs, there are rare times, maybe once a year or less, when I'm in a situation where I just don't want to risk attention to it. Easy enough. One day a year I'll wear long pants when most others are wearing shorts. Point is, even after shaving my legs for basically my whole life, I'm still aware of it and think about it.

Whether or not people notice I think is greatly dependent on what you're wearing and the situation. If you wear below-the-knee guys shorts, there's just not a lot of skin exposed to notice, and if what you're wearing is typical guy stuff in typical guy situations it's probably not a thing. If you think it is, put on some long pants. But, probably none of us have that in mind. I constantly use self tanner in the summer, so my legs are always smooth and tanned and I wear either short guys shorts (mid thigh) or women's shorts, and flip flops. Shaved legs are only part of the picture.

Do people notice? I certainly hope so! Will they react to it or comment? Extremely rare. Do they talk behind my back? Some, certainly. If you're wondering what the reaction will be of people you don't even know, this is a zero. If you feel like you need to hide it in certain situations, around people you know, then hide it. In the big picture, this is a very small thing that has very large payback in the psyche of most of us. Low risk, high reward.

I do not enjoy shaving my legs (or the rest of my body). It's incredibly time consuming and inconvenient. I hate stubble even more, though. I love the results and would never be any other way, but the actual act of shaving is a total pain in the ass for me. I can remember way back there when I liked actually doing it and not just the results of it, but that's been a few decades ago.

Overall, it's a simple little thing that should be just a personal decision. You certainly shouldn't deny yourself. It's your body. I cannot imagine having body hair, even though there are times that I get so sick of shaving that I've considered it.

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    I have for years now as well and living in AZ shorts are almost year round. I trim my arm hair too so I look like I am not overly hair ... and I am not really in general.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

After fifteen years of shaving, it just seems natural. Most people probably do not even notice. The wife does not even seemingly care. As I get older, acceptance of certain non conformity do not matter to me.

Yes I think your over thinking it. NO one really cares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I've shaved legs and body for many years. Only had one comment, from a friend. Otherwise nothing. A non-issue for me. My wife wasn't keen at first, not about the shaving, but the stubbly feel on grow-back.

Karen,

Fear not and shave away.
    I keep my legs shaved all the time now (except when I just get lazy). The legs go outside in shorts in the summer. I go to my rec center pool and gym frequently with legs shaved. [I also wear earrings and it's not unusual for me to be donning panties in the mens lockerrom. But I'm brazen that way.]

If your legs are in good shape and look great otherwise, they will look GREAT in guy shorts too. I know competitive swimmers and body builders who shave their legs too.
    You've probably looked around modern American civilization lately. There are no more dress codes. Shave and be proud. Look great and be proud.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I’ve had my legs (and everything else) shaved and epilated for over 40 years. Nobody has ever said a word. I’m a competitive swimmer and bike racer, so that’s an easy explanation if I ever felt I needed one, but honestly at this point in my life I don’t really feel the need to explain myself. I am who I am and it’s just not an issue at all.

Enjoy the so very feminine feeling of silky smooth skin and don’t look back!

~ Brooke

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Are we really asking this question again? No no-one cares but do you care if they do? Would you question someone else about their legs? Would it be anyones business but the person whose legs they are? It's your body, do what you want with it. If you can't get over the societal stereotyping of something this minor you will never move forward with your gender expression.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Daisy I agree.
    The question I have for the OPer is do you say anything about what others do with their body hair and if you noticed a male friend had shaved his legs would you start a big scene over it?
    Call him gay ,laugh at him,call him a CDer, make fun of him in front of others?
    Of course not and if you have friends that act like that they aren't your friends and it would be smart to stay away from them.

Karen, i reckon you are over-thinking this. Just do whatever you prefer.
    Most people will not notice / be bothered and even fewer, if any, people will actually comment on it. It's none of their business anyway. If they are intrusive enough to ask, you can say that they have always been hair-free (some men are naturally like that) or you can say you just prefer them smooth and leave it at that. Go for it!
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Mine have been shaved for almost 20 years now. Told my wife I was doing it
    and she did not have an issue. The guys I have played golf have not had an issues.

I say if your wife or SO are good then do it.

Andrea