Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shaved legs in public

I think that the shaved-legs bit is one of the least nervous-making aspect of crossdressing (when in public). Well, it has been so for me anyway. I mean, I have never been able to consider wearing for example a dress (or full make up) in public (I don't think I can ever do that), but being in public with my shaved legs, wearing shorts, was slightly nervous-making for only maybe the first and second time. But, then, I got used to it fast.

And, initially, when I was wearing shorts on shaved legs, I always wore longish shorts (about knee-level), but actually, I really didn't like longish shorts even then. Since many years ago though, it has been only short shorts for me Well, usually nothing extremely short, but you know, sort of coming to midway between the knee and the waist (I couldn't know how else to explain it; lol).

Much to do about nothing. Just do it.

i have been shaving my legs for over 10 years and no one has ever said anything my wife prefers them shaved

Aspiring Member
    My legs are naturally nearly bald. I do shave off the few remaining hairs. My daughter says she is envious. Wife has not work a skirt or shorts in more than 20 years. She does not notice.

The avvy pic isn't me
    The shorts length is something interesting to me (not to go off topic, but...).
    Since I only buy and wear ladies khaki's anymore, it does tend to make the shaved legs more obvious, but still it's not caused any more comments.

Funny thing tho; I've had both men and women ask me where I buy my shorts because they can't seem to find men's shorts that length anymore; I usually just say 'your not looking in the right places' and then smile. The gals around me that know the real me always giggle when this happens in their company.

A knowing eye would be able to tell if they gave them more scrutiny, cause the pocket size and any buttons are usually different.

I have gotten a few odd looks from folks cause some of them are especially short, and the colors on a few pairs I have are a bit on the pastel side not typically found in men's wear.

Karen,

I shave my legs, chest, underarms, and my bikini area. I still go to the gym Monday through Friday, since my legs and chest were mostly hairy, I didn't just show up the next day shaved. I used the clippers to trim and slowly but surely began using a razor. No one even looked at me differently or paid attention or maybe even cared. Now don't get me wrong I wasn't standing against the sinks shaving or brushing my teeth with everyone else. But I used the showers (no stalls) with everyone and got dressed like I had usually did and no one really noticed or even cared.

@--}----
    Michelle

I shaved for years, and would only get occasional glances (like in line at Home Depot or whatever).... didn't bother me. Now, I go monthly to a local day spa and get my legs and chest waxed, and then a facial right after with the same tech. All the ladies there know me and think it's great - I even get a pedicure there once a month. I figure if these cool ladies can handle it... who gives a crap what random strangers think?

EDIT: I will say that they don't KNOW that I crossdress - they know i'm married and have kids and such... but if they suspect, that's cool by me

Quote Originally Posted by VS Fan View Post
    I shaved for years, and would only get occasional glances (like in line at Home Depot or whatever).... didn't bother me. Now, I go monthly to a local day spa and get my legs and chest waxed, and then a facial right after with the same tech. All the ladies there know me and think it's great - I even get a pedicure there once a month. I figure if these cool ladies can handle it... who gives a crap what random strangers think?

EDIT: I will say that they don't KNOW that I crossdress - they know i'm married and have kids and such... but if they suspect, that's cool by me
    That is so cool VS Fan! I've gone out with shaved legs for a few years (at the nail salon, too!) and have not gotten much notice, and none negative.

Of course my fairly large leg tattoos might be diverting people's attention ;

You are def overthinking it lady. If somebody actually asks just tell them you like the feeling and they'll leave you a lone after.

Quote Originally Posted by abby054 View Post
    My legs are naturally nearly bald. I do shave off the few remaining hairs. My daughter says she is envious. Wife has not work a skirt or shorts in more than 20 years. She does not notice.
    Your daughter is not alone in her envy. Now, I have envied you too It is so tiring to have to shave the legs often and spend quite a long time for it (I like to do it slowly).

Crossdresser shaved legs excuse number ??, Olympic bobsledders do it!

I've shaved year round for 15+ years. No one has said a thing.

I shaved my legs for the first time last year for Diva Las Vegas, and since I have never turned back. I've been very hairy my whole life... so I did want any reasonable girl would do, I went and got laser. I stared with the upper torso and and then went back for the legs... Not going to lie it hurts but it's worth it! Shaving now is minimal and no one cares... Now the pedicure looks better without the Sasquatch legs.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I've been out running and to the gym in shorts with smooth shaved legs and no one has ever said anything.

I even got a compliment on my calves after running with a group of people, didn't even ask why my legs were shaved.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".