Please, regret if this is covered ground in another thread. It should be

Reading through a couple posts I'm reminded that the joy of dressing, the will to be a woman often comes at a cost. A recent post from a dear transgender member now at a decision crossroad especially resonated with me.

Yes. Thank God that there is the support and encouragement from my fellow sisters here. It should be. There too are narratives of marriages lost, personal relationships ruined or general misery piled on top of a transgender's internal gender struggles. I've heard sisters remark that they wouldn't wish their transition upon their enemy.

I had a recent "success" in coming out to a family member. It was quite risky and could have predictably ended badly in a valued personal relationship damaged. My own wife has reminded me that my crossdressing (and will to live as a woman) has changed everything. Our lives, our marriage will never be the same is the quote I recall. We're working on it and I don't see The Marriage coming to an end. But....I can't predict the entire future, and I never would have guess 3 years ago I'd be on my own path of discovery and re-invention.

My heart goes out every day to the sisters here who struggle with acceptance... (like, ALL of us?), or those who have suffered for being themselves. You're on my mind.
Peace.