Thread: Oh No!!!

Oh No!!!

My wife just came up behind me while I was on the forum posting . I'm glad she can't see will. I didn't try to hide what I was doing. I just kept typing like I was sending a Email while she talk. She hasn't come down here all day that's why I was on the forum. Well she gone now. got to fix the stairs so they make some noise when she comes down.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

My wife sneaks up on me all the time when I'm on the forum, or perusing clothing sites. Although she is 100% supportive, I still have a brief moment of panic... every time she does it. I guess it never goes away. I keep saying I'm going to put a bell on her, like a cat, so I can hear coming
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I've left this forum page open a few times on my PC, so far without anyone seeing it. My son, who knows I dress couldn't care less, my wife would be the exact opposite.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Never have your back to an entrance.... I learned that watching old westerns.
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

Silver Member
    My wife came up behind me the other night. I closed the laptop. She said open it, I want to see what you were doing. I opened it and she saw the logo and went away. I think she was worried I was chatting with the Russian dream girls.

Banned Read only
    I keep several tabs open so I can switch back and forth if someone comes into the room. It's DADT with us, so I really don't care if she were to see what I'm doing. My user and password for eBay is posted on a note card right by the computer. If she wanted she could easily check my purchases and notice all those slips, panties and dresses she knows nothing about. Heck, if she checked the Macy's and JC Penny account she'd see a lot more panties, foundation garments and dresses. Maybe that would finally start a conversation? Wishful thinking on my part!

No clandestine operations here, only when I am traveling on AMTRAK, I hide the logos and everything.

Railway passengers are nosy.

Also some see the moving map and GPS, this piques their interest.

The staff are always asking where we are or how fast we are going as there could have been delays since they last checked. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I read my fiancee posts from this site, so she knows and is accepting. That being said, when on this site, I sometimes panic reflexively when she enters the room even though I don't need to.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    I rarely log on here if my wife is home.
    Krisi

Ok this is a good time to bring up the website logo. I often wonder what's the deal with the neon logo blasting away in the upper left corner. Other people in my house can read it from across the room when logging. Does anyone else have the same thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MLane View Post
    Ok this is a good time to bring up the website logo. I often wonder what's the deal with the neon logo blasting away in the upper left corner.
    Ha ha. I agree with you about the logo. It's akin to receiving your discreet online order at the office in a fluorescent pink box wrapped with lace and bows. I guess you always should browse this site with the page scrolled down a bit so as to not show off the logo if you're trying to be discreet.

Kim

Interesting response. You could send a PM to one of the admins and ask if you can have a thread in one of the forums (maybe Forum Issues?) to let the graphic artists in the group have a try at designing a new logo. You should understand that changing a website logo is a bigger deal than you may imagine.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Lucky for me I was replying to a thread and I had scrolled up so I could see what I was typing so she couldn't see the logo.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Like Stephanie, I keep several browser tabs open when I'm browsing this site. I can quickly switch to one of the other forums that I regularly peruse. I also close out the tab and delete my history after each session. I wish it weren't necessary, but that's how life is for now.
    Honoring the woman within

I have been surprised once and it got me to always close the browser every time I am not at the computer. I use epicbrowser a secure version of Chrome and I never have a shortcut to launch CD sites. It is a pain to type out the complete web address but it eliminates accidental launch of a site that could cause trouble for me.

Silver Member
    I would like two things changed. Logo going away and being able to hide the avatar. Or create a "hidden mode" for both.

I tend to log in on my phone, and the mobile vBulletin site is a very discreet grey.

I guess I am lucky enough to have a wife who knows I will be in this forum on occasion. I often read some of the more interesting and funny threads to her. It wasn't always this way for me back when I was in DADT mode. Closing down the site or closing the lid on the lap top when my wife came into the room. Like others here have commented my wife knew I was doing something that she would not approve of online with my behavior. Much nicer now being open and honest with my wife.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    I would like two things changed. Logo going away and being able to hide the avatar. Or create a "hidden mode" for both.
    This would be great if it could be controlled in your profile settings.

Although my SO and I are both on here...we have nosy teenagers in the house..so Joni got screen covers that distort the front of the laptop if you aren't looking right at it. They do not cost very much and I would highly recommend them!