Thread: Makeup residue

Makeup residue

I went to the library this afternoon and forgot that I didn't totally remove my makeup. I spent about 10 minutes talking to 3 of the female librarians and after I left I looked at myself in the rear view mirror. I'm thinking one of the 3 must have noticed. Oh well, they're progressive types so they might even think it's cool. Out of the 3 I've known two of them for years.

I kind of laughed when I saw myself in the mirror. I used pink lipstick this morning which is really hard to remove. It seems to leave a stain. And the eyeliner & mascara didn't completely come off. I'm sure you all know that look!

I heard that a microfiber cloth is great for removing makeup. I need to get one.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Reality Check
    Our house is full of microfiber cloths, they are pretty commonly used for dish cloths and washing and waxing cars. You more probably need some good makeup remover.

For crossdressers who revert back to male often, wearing makeup that's easy to remove is a better solution. I have one lipstick that stains so I seldom wear it. The others wipe of fairly easily.
    Krisi

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I fell foul of that at work many years back. One of the contract techs I worked with commented on my lip stick. Pink like you say a pig to remove. I made some lame excuse and wiped it off. Nothing more was ever said, so I guess he either bought the excuse, or didn't give a stuff.

Banned Read only
    One of the reasons I forego makeup if I am just indulging myself during the day. It can be a pain to totally remove it, and, also make it obvious I had scrubbed my face raw. As some have already stated watch out for those hard to remove brands. A number of years ago when my wife was in the mid west visiting our daughter I did the whole routine including nail polish. Then I got a semi emergency call from my DIL. She locked her car keys in the house, and, needed my spare key to get in and get them so she could get to work and drop my granddaughter off at school. Scrub scrub scrub and a quick half ass job taking of the polish. Don sunglasses. Heck, women don't get dolled up everyday just to be suzy homemaker!

Baby oil and makeup remover wipes is all you need. I learned this from Nicole Scott on here. Q Tips across the eye lids as the last of the liner gets removed.

I also once didn't totally wipe off all the lipstick and when I went to work a co-worker asked me if I was wearing lipstick. A little fast thinking I told him I kissed my wife before I left the house and her lipstick must have rubbed on my lips. The best part was I didn't clean it off and had that amazing taste and texture on my lips as long as it lasted.

I have had 2 similar experiences. A couple of months ago I had dressed during the day and thought I have removed all the makeup. I went to a rehearsal I was conducting and my accompanist said "Do you have eyeliner on?" I guess it wasn't bad because I said no and that was that. when I got home I could see it. Another was my first time out. I had gone for a makeover and then out to lunch with the makeup person. Went back to her studio and changed. Called a friend to meet him at his house and was driving there when I realized I had forgotten to take off the nail polish. Quick stop at the drug store fixed that. Would have been interesting if I hadn't noticed.

Yes, this one time I was en femme for a long night and thought I did a good job of removing my make up before going to bed. Ran out the next day in the morning with very little time to spare and went on with my day. I did not get back until late afternoon and had a look in a mirror by chance and noticed a good amount of eyeliner and mascara! Nobody gave me strange looks, etc.... I was a bit worried about what would happen where I to run into someone I saw that day, but nothing ever came of it... Maybe I should wear mascara and eyeliner all the time
    Happy Heels!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    The day after I did stand-up for the first time en femme (the only way I do it) I was at a coffee shop in the morn with some buddies from our sister squadron (I was on active-duty orders that week).
    So I wipe my lips whilst eating and look at the tissue to notice a little bit of lipstick.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Quote Originally Posted by Jane G View Post
    Pink like you say a pig to remove.
    I knew the pink wouldn't completely come off but I was in a pink fog yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    One of the reasons I forego makeup if I am just indulging myself during the day. It can be a pain to totally remove it, and, also make it obvious I had scrubbed my face raw.
    I dress often at home without applying makeup. Might be the reason I forgot to remove it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    Baby oil and makeup remover wipes is all you need. Q Tips across the eye lids as the last of the liner gets removed.
    I usually use mineral oil with Q tips around the eyes. But I don't like getting the oil in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    I also once didn't totally wipe off all the lipstick and when I went to work a co-worker asked me if I was wearing lipstick. A little fast thinking I told him I kissed my wife before I left the house and her lipstick must have rubbed on my lips.
    I have many photos with my mouth covered with lipstick from my wife kissing me. I went to a mechanic once with my mouth plastered with lipstick! She could have at least told me before I left the house!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I posted awhile ago about one of the admins in my office commenting on me not removing all my eyeliner. It happens.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have noticed two things.
    My natural hair color is dark brown. But I like to wear black eyeliner and black mascara. After a day out, no matter how much I "scrub" off my makeup, my eyelashes stay dark for a few days after.
    And some lipsticks do stains my lips to leave a slightly different color. I'm not sure its very noticeable.
    But it isn't work worrying about. The enjoyment of being a woman once in a while totally outweighs wherever anyone else may think.
    Stephanie

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I discovered years ago that Vaseline will take off ANYTHING

Marina,
    I totally agree, and it works a good facial cream as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Oh no! I'm so careful but it's bound to happen.

I use baby wipes for all make up removal, we always have some around the house anyway and used to use them if I had to rush to remove something (lipstick usually). Since I've been wearing full make up I have found they are all I need. And at around 80p per packet are great value.

Silver Member
    Ladies, I've suggested this many times before .. get a 10 power magnifying hand mirror and use it to check for makeup residue that you may never see in a regular mirror. Eye makeup residue is usually the hardest to see, but with the 10 power mirror held in your hand and close to your eyes, you can spot even the smallest amount left over. To better remove mascara, remember to also swipe UP under the lashes ... that's how you put it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Our house is full of microfiber cloths, they are pretty commonly used for dish cloths and washing and waxing cars. You more probably need some good makeup remover.

For crossdressers who revert back to male often, wearing makeup that's easy to remove is a better solution. I have one lipstick that stains so I seldom wear it. The others wipe of fairly easily.
    I never wore makeup because of the fear of not getting it off my face. Know of any brands that are easy to remove?
    xoxo,

Leah

"Man, I feel like a Woman!"

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    In a slightly different vein I stayed at a hotel about a year ago, and took some stuff to wear during the evenings. Single room, booked in my male name, and found out I'd left a large and very prominent red lipstick stain on a glass in the bathroom. Room service would have to have been blind to not see it.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I use baby oil and some wipes and it takes care of everything. I wear make-up alot anyway, so I don’t really worry about it, but I understand the fear of not getting it off.
    ​Cindy

Ah-May-Lee
    Albolene moisturizing cleanser will take any make up off.

The only time I had a prob with make up is when I wore a black lip stick. It took days to go away. I didn't care too much.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I use Nuetrogena make-up remover wipes. Takes off all types of makeup with ease.

I use a lot of cold cream to start and then wide the cold cream off with baby wipes. Then a wipe down with baby wipes. I use a commercial eye makeup remover for the eyes. A q-tip is a good idea. I use to have problems with eye make up but since I have started use eye make up remover no problem. I seldom use mascara because of the difficulty removing it, but the commercial eye makeup works fine. It is probably just baby oil which I am sure is cheaper
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

It can be so easy to put on way too much makeup! Something I feel like might be beneficial, is to use some kind of clear primer before putting any other layers on your face. It evens out the texture of your skin and also acts as a clear barrier between your skin and the layers of foundation and makeup you put on top. I also use a 10x mirror like Jenny said.

hello,
    it may have happened to me a few times!
    luv J