Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife discovers how big my bra collection is.

Silver Member

Wife discovers how big my bra collection is.

My wife and I have been rearranging our closets and sorting things. She was doing something else in the house and I decided to organize the three drawers that I keep my bras in. You have to realize that I have over two hundred of them. I dump them out on the bed and start to organize. She comes in and says, You realize that you can't possibly wear all those. You could sell them for $2 apiece and take us on a vacation. Where did you buy all these at? I started laughing and we started bantering back and forth about clothes. She has at least two or three hundred blouses. A hundred or so purses and the list goes on. She held executive positions for years that required she wear nice cloths.

I have to admit I haven't figured out how to organize my bras to make it easy to decide what to wear. Years ago when I had half a dozen lingerie sets all I had to do is pick a color. Now, I don't wear slips (I do have 20 or so) but have to pick the right bra so as not to show. Seems strange. I wear a bra to give me a nice chest and choose a bra that isn't obvious. Hmmm I no longer worry about matching panties except once in a great while.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Oh good, I'm not the only woman with a problem! And I thought 25 was a lot! Lol. At least your wife is cool about it.
    Life is too short to be boring.

Platinum Member
    Well, technically I suppose you could wear a different bra every day for seven months, then start over!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Things do get out of hand sometimes....

Time to cull the collection I think.

Mark each bra you wear and those unmarked after six months must go.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If I did not have limited storage space its scary to imagine how much stuff I would have, the buying as almost as much fun as the wearing
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Too many bras don't seem to be a problem. When you only have a few might be !!!

hugs
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I can't even image having that many bras. Good thing your wife is so accepting.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Wow, I have about 60 and thought that was a lot, but more than 200!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I probably have the same amount as you although I've never counted. Wonderful needful things that I've found a thrift stores for the most part. I've bought bras that don't even fit because they're interesting or beautiful. If I like a particular style, I'll sometimes buy one in every available color with matching panties as with these wonderful Elila bras.

Elila 1306 Collection p.JPG

Obsessed? Not me. At least I don't think so. See! They're actually used for decoration.

5909p.JPG

Interestingly enough, after fifty some years of being fascinated with bras, my current favorite CD look is braless!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Aspiring Member
    Congratulations on your collection, just start wearing and collecting Bras too, I have 5.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

I wish I could help, I am just happy to find one that fits. No really I have about 20, so I am a little envious.

Liz that's a lot of bras I only have three and I only wear one more the other two. You could be rich because if you started collecting them back when they were all white then you could have some vintage ones that might bring more than $2.00 a piece. If all of your bras were worn at the same time that's more than four hundred breast covered ummm that's a lot.... lol just teasing I think a girl can't have too many of any thing. Especially lipsticks. Don't even ask me how many old tubes I have. You collect bras the way I purchase lipstick, just because I can.

That is a large number of bras. I am told I have a large number of slips but my slip collection is nowhere near that number.
    Choosing which one to wear must be a challenge.

I no longer accumulate stuff. Used to, but no more. It just becomes clutter to me. I'm sure I have less than 10, and that includes the ones I wear with forms and the others I wear without. Even when I had a large dresser drawer stuffed full of them I gravitated to only a few. Mainly just one, because it gave me cleavage without any help better than any other I'd ever worn. I'm a big thrift store shopper, but I don't buy bras, panties, or sleepwear at thrift stores. 90% of mine come from TJ Maxx, but even at that having a huge number of them would run into money. I understand that you get a little something out of buying, and a little something out of accumulating them, but when it comes down to wearing them, 200 seems quite excessive. Even when I wore a bra every day I probably only wore a dozen or so over the course of a year. Anymore, if I haven't worn it in a while or it doesn't fit just right or it's getting a little worn out, I get rid of it and I don't care what it is. If I buy something new, that's probably what I'm going to wear, so why keep the old stuff?

I have the same problem, only panties. I know I have over 200 pair. I was determined to wear them all at least once. but I keep finding panties with tags on them, or buy new ones, gasp! Anyway, I never open that drawer or take them out in front of my wife, for the same reason. "you know you have more panties than me, or you know you can't wear them all."

Me too. I have more bras and more panties than my wife. I wear panties every day, so I do wear them out and they eventually get thrown away. But the bras are different. Since they aren't worn every day, they last longer than I want them to. Or atleast I buy new bras while the old ones are still good.

Don't forget, the less fortunate need undies too. We have an organization here called Koinonia and they accept bras. They are an all volunteer group and 100% of donations here goes to charity.
    Stephanie

Last year when I downsized my panties collection I did the same with my bras. They were assigned a number from 1-5 with 1 being ultra comfortable "don't even know I am wearing it" and "I never want to put that on again" being a 5. All the 4's and 5's as well as some of the 3's went to charity.

I have purchased a few since then but I try before I buy. Going into a thrift store in drab I will see a top I want to try on so I have to grab a bra from the rack as well. Dang if it doesn't fit perfectly and the price tag is the half price color of the week!!!

Aspiring Member
    I would think that having 200 bras is similar to my fish tackle box which contains well over 100 lures. Of the lures less than half of them have ever been in the water. Bought them because I liked the looks and color. Suspect the same would be true if I owned that many bras.

Silver Member
    Michala, the lures aren't meant to catch fish, they are meant to catch anglers. I suspect its much the same for CDers and bras.

Silver Member
    I've always had several bras and lingerie along with lots of clothes. I was younger than my sisters and received theirs. When I started working in a department store, I could buy things at the store's cost. My job was to resolve customer issues. I was very good at it. Sometimes gave the customer's money back on lingerie. We never resold the lingerie and would put it in a bin for employees. More than once I made sure I kept a slip or bra that a good looking woman brought back. That was in the early 60s.

Back in the 70s I had a chance to buy a bunch of Maidenform bras for $2 apiece. I bought everyone that was in my size. Probably a dozen or so in various colors and styles. I told my wife about it the other day and that is how the $2 apiece came to be. A few years later Maidenform had a buy one get one free. I found a glitch in the way they were processing the deal and bought some that a local store had on sale. For every one that I purchased I received 2 back. Same style and various colors. When I went to work for myself I ended up with a lot of shopping time as I traveled around. I would shop lingerie instead of sitting in a bar drinking. I bought fem clothes, but it would fill up my carry on bag. I started buying higher end bras. Most of mine now are Wacoal, Chantelle, Natori, Felina, La Mystery, La Perla, Soma and other top end bras from around the world. I don't think I've paid full price for any. Well one. At one time I had a Bravo (by maidenform) bra. It was my favorite till I wore it out. I also have other brands Olga (been to their factory), Bali, Henson Kickernic.

The bras are really a collecting hobby. I enjoy looking at beautiful lingerie. Brand isn't that important except for the fact that the higher end lingerie usually has a little better detail and lace. I actually have more panties than bras. I buy panties on sale such as 7 for $27. I've found many on sale. Paid $1ea for Bali panties one day. I guess I have an issue. I collect things.

I have to agree...I have two dresser drawers completely packed-tight with panties and a few bras. My GF can't understand it and thinks I'm out of my mind. And yes, I'm a bit of a collector as well

hello Liz,
    do you remember where you bought each one?
    luv, J

Liz, I have about twenty bras. Two hundred would be awesome.
    Part Time Girl

So many bras...only two boobies!

I am officially Jealous!

why do you have 200+ bras?
    Or 200+ pairs of panties?????

Rough math here: average bra is about 20$ US ( some are $40+). times 200 = $4000US dollars. Are you out of your ever loving mind????? And CD's wonder why their spouses flip out......
    Last edited by Jodie_Lynn; 02-24-2018 at 10:28 PM.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!