Thread: Weekend antipication

Weekend antipication

My SO will be out of town this weekend and while I hope to get some "manly" projects done around the house, the thought of having a weekend to myself is mind numbing. My mind is just whirling with the possibilities and the thoughts even kept me from falling asleep for a while last night. I am not out, and my wife pretty much hates my CDing. Needless to say, I want to make the most of my time as well.

I am contemplating a full dress up at home with makeup and maybe taking some photos
    Spending a good chunk of time at various thrift stores in drab, looking for more jeans, tops, a woman's coat, and maybe another purse. I will be andro and may be carrying a purse.
    Perhaps I could go get a pedicure, but if I got a bright color, it would have to come off on Sunday night Boohoo.
    Maybe a trip to Ulta for a foundation match and lipstick. Not sure I am ready for that.
    Going and having my brows shaped just a bit.
    Going through my stash of clothes hidden away and organizing and culling a bit.

Does this kind of rare opportunity make you shake with anticipation? I know many of you have been down this road. Thoughts?
    I would like to have my plan in place, so I can make the most of my time and get up and running first thing on Saturday.

Traci
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Enjoy your weekend Traci! Any time is good time as far as I am concerned. I've been looking forward to Friday, but just found out I can have tomorrow as well. Very happy!!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Enjoy your time and take it all in! Let the pink fog capture you. I am in a holding pattern for a couple more weeks...but I am getting giddy to just think about my next experiences
    Happy Heels!

Traci I think you've covered all the bases and if I were you live out the plan. I'm looking forward to the photos next week some time on here so enjoy this weekend and go for it. Your right about making the most of your time and if you get all of this in you'll be a busy girl.

All the best Traci. I think many of us can relate to how you feel.

Platinum Member
    Hi Traci , It really sounds like you have your plan in place, Just don't forget to allow yourself
    enough time to get YOURSELF all cleaned up and get every thing all put way where it belongs.

When you are all done do a final walk through to make sure everything looks right. >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Doesn't sound like much time for manly projects...

Traci, I hope that you have a wonderful time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Don't think of them as manly projects - girls can do anything.
    In my experience climbing a ladder in a short skirt is liberating. Putting on an apron to wash down walls and do some painting frees your mind. Some nice gloves to do something with the plants.
    And then you can go for a long shower or bath using perfumed soaps.
    And finally do your nails and makeup, put on your best nightie and settle down to read a book or magazine with a well-deserved drink.
    The possibilities are endless.

I agree that girls can do anything. So do the manly projects as a girl.
    Part Time Girl

When I could only dress occasionally anticipation ran really high.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Traci, I absolutely know the feeling of anticipation. I have also experienced, unfortunately, the pain of broken plans when my wife decided not to go at the last minute. So I wish you well in your weekend and hope you enjoy it to the fullest extent.

Enjoy, enjoy , enjoy....

Quote Originally Posted by Traci H View Post
    My mind is just whirling with the possibilities and the thoughts even kept me from falling asleep for a while last night.
    I had many, many nights like that when planning vacations with some Sami time! I hope you get some sleep between now and then. Have a terrific time!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I can relate to your feelings. Whenever I know that I am going to have time alone, I plan for what I am going to buy. I put a little money (cash of course) aside, window shop on the internet and plot out which stores I am going to visit and I generally know all in advance what I am going to buy. Then I can't wait to come home and put on my new treasures. Have Fun!

Lacey

Thank you for all the well wishes girls. I have been mulling over my plans and am still on the fence about some things.First off on Saturday morning, I plan to dress in andro of sorts and spend time at my local thrift store(s). I am thinking of wearing my black underwire bra and black panties, my GV jeans with the sequined strip on the back pocket, a brown patterned Rough Hewn turtleneck and maybe some dress flats I have. These are probably the only shoes I have that fit and are flat. Dark navy blue. Trouser socks not pantyhose so they will be less noticeable. Oh, and perhaps some water filled enhancers ie chick fillets to give me just a tad of projection. Top off with some BB cream and nude lipstick and I should be good. Carrying a purse remains to be seen.

I am debating on later getting a pedicure and thinking not. Can't enjoy it enough before it has to come off. Probably will just do my nails myself. Then the big question. Do I venture into Ulta and ask about a foundation match and maybe lipstick. I want to but am scared a bit. I know, chicken!! Spending the money, wife disapproval, all factors weighing in the background. Also am a few months from retirement, so don't really want to rock the boat. Decisions, decisions. Just walking by that place causes me to get excited.

Traci

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Have a great weekend Traci. Half the fun is planning what to wear, only to change you mind six times , once you get in front of the mirror.

Just an update girls.

Of course the weekend did not go quite as planned. Good intentions, but some glitches along the way.

First on my way home on Friday, I stopped at Goodwill and picked up an Espirit purse. I was looking for something that was a step above my canvas little pouch, that was a bit more feminine without going over the top. As it was pink tag 1/2 off, I scored this one and it is perfect. Not the one I would really like to use, but a step in the right direction.
    IMG_1317.jpg
    I went out on several occasions to multiple stores in andro mode using this bag. I have to say, going to the grocery store with it, taking it off and placing it in the child seat area like so many of the GG's in the store, made me feel special.

Saturday I went out and shopped again at the thrift stores. While I tried on lots of clothes, I eventually only bought two tops. None of the jackets, jeans or robes did anything for me. Most did not fit right. I briefly thought of going to Ulta, but as it turned out, my wife was not feeling well, and might return at anytime. That sort of damped the fun. I felt bad that she was feeling poor and it kind of put a damper on things. I ended up spending some time looking through my clothes that I has stashed away and kind of let it go at that. Not quite the fun I hoped it would be. Saturday evening, I did wash of my fem stuff, which I actually enjoy. Hanging up all those pretty things warms my soul.

It was hard to be too engaged or dressed at my home as well, as there was always the chance my kids might stop by. I could have taken steps to preclude that my removing my car from the drive etc. But I just did not feel the energy.

I do not like doing this behind my SO's back so to speak. It would be so much more enjoyable if she at least tolerated it and knew how important it was to me. It's kind of hard to explain. I'm sure some of your understand.

So I will keep plodding on. Always optimistic. In a few months retirement will be mine and I hope that with maybe a little more tolerance, I will be able to participate in more events. Pedicures, makeup, etc. Probably too optimistic once again.

Thanks for all your well wishes. Sorry I did not come through as well as I hoped.

Traci