Thread: When do you use your voice?

When do you use your voice?

Do any of you Ladies use your Girl Voice when you are just at home dressed with your SO or by yourself if your in a DADT? As I am still new to this I find myself still using my male voice with my SO or by myself. I have been working on it a bit but mostly in the car during my commute to work. Then when I get home I forget and just revert.

Not sure I have a girl voice - so I guess I use my same voice

I use my femme voice as little as possible. I cannot maintain a high pitch, so I aim for an "Honor Blackman" and usually veer into Frances de le Tour's "Miss Jones" (or even "Julian Clary"!)
    :-/

I use my regular voice. Trying to maintain a high pitch is uncomfortable as well as take a special effort and concentration, not impossible but not necessary at home. And you are correct to practice if you don't have a high/soft voice to begin with. Just as important as the tone is the female vocabulary and placement of the terms. A hard puzzle to put together and then use it constantly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunty_Hazel View Post
    I use my femme voice as little as possible. I cannot maintain a high pitch, so I aim for an "Honor Blackman" and usually veer into Frances de le Tour's "Miss Jones" (or even "Julian Clary"!)
    :-/
    And yet Miss De La Tour is obviously female so nothing to worry about there.

Plenty of women do not have a high natural pitch. Just speaking more softly is the easy way. I think of it as speaking from the mouth rather than from the throat/chest.

I wasn't going to comment as I don't have a Femme voice?
    Then I read Hazels post and maybe I do. I am a bit Julian Clary at times, but not when my wife is around, She hates it!
    I guess that that would be as close as I will be getting to a Femme voice!

Julian!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I have enough issues getting dresses, trying to walk correctly and work on mannerisms. So I'm not even at the point of working on my voice.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I use a regular pitch voice and notice most ladies my age have a almost pitch voice as I do...lower than younger girls.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I'm working on a soft falsetto with a slight French accent. I reread my forum posts out loud which puts me in a femme frame of mind. I do this at home when dressed.
    Honoring the woman within

I use my voice to try and emulate Helen Shapiro singing, it does help when I am out and the practiced voice needs little attention.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just chiming in here... My husband thinks that whispering is his girl voice. What really happens is that no one can hear hear what he is saying and they always ask "what did you say?". Sometimes he will have to repeat himself more than once and eventually use a louder "guy" voice.

I find it helps to listen to speech radio and to just repeat whats being said a half beat behind the speaker. That way you can concentrate on production without having to think about what you're saying. And No, I don't try for high pitched, but "softer" mouth voice seems to work, at least up to a point.

Reality Check
    There are a lot of differences between a typical male and female voice. For starters, females tend to talk faster and use more words to say the same thing as a male would. Next, the inflections and melody are different. A woman might have a low pitched voice but it's easy to tell it's a woman speaking.

Sounding like a woman is probably more work than everything else we do.

Sometimes when I get a phone call from a number I'm pretty sure is an unwanted sales call I will answer in my female voice and pretend I'm the woman of the house.
    Krisi

been trying to find it but still having difficulty as it doesn't want to come out and play
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Silver Member
    Try this .. your natural male speaking voice has a pitch, Say a few words and then hum in that voice pitch. That's your 'do' as in deer. Then without force or pushing, hum the Do, Re, mi up to do. That will be an octave higher then you speaking voice, but still manageable without going into a forced falsetto. You can then practice your voice in that range. It should sound much less male.

I only have one voice and I use it every time I talk.

The problem with only using your 'girl voice' when you are on your own is there is no-one there to give any feedback - telling you what works and also telling you what areas you need to practice on
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

Banned Read only
    Andy,
    Don't make it too much of an issue, no one in my social group gives it a thought . It's very hard to hold a conversation when trying to make it a false female one , you can't keep it up, remember we aren't women but CDers or TG so we can dress and be natural with it .

It’s funny but I have always had this bad habit of mimicking others when in conversation with them. I noticed it most when I used to work on cruise ships as we had a very diverse crew. When talking to someone from Scotland after a minute or two I am speaking and throwing a little Scottish pronunciation onto my words. Same thing happens when talking with a really girly girl, after a bit I notice I am starting sound like a movie screen drag queen. I was curious if this was part of my long deep feeling to be something other than who I was trying to be. But alas I am just a wacko and still have the faintest idea why this happens. Looks like I am again unique just like everyone else. ;P

I’ve watched dozens of videos, tried countless techniques and practiced many hours, all to achieve ... an absolutely terrible femme voice.

At least it keeps me busy!

Tips anyone?

I try to raise my pitch to Mi and speak softly. I don't get much practice. The one cosmetics store I used to patronize a bit, the SA would allow me dressed to visit, but forbid me to speak femme. Too bad, I would have had a ton of practice there.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I love to use my female voice, and do so as often as possible. I have no problem maintaining a high pitch. I try to use my male voice with my wife and children, just to emphasize that it's still me, regardless of my clothing. But sometimes I forget.

Wig goes on, voice goes girly. I use my female voice whenever I have my wig on and am en-femme. Doesn't matter if I am out and about in public, or at home with no one else around but my dog to hear me. Once the wig comes off, it can take me 20 to 30 minutes to get back to my male voice. I also use it as my 'phone voice' when doing anything relating to my en-femme side, like making an appointment to get my nails done.

I always use my same voice in both modes. For myself anyhow, trying to fake it or feminize it just doesn't work. I may just talk a little softer and lose the sailor vocabulary.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning