Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turning a secret into a more enjoyable reality

Tammy --

I, too, have recently had "the talk" with my wife. She is really struggling with the news, and it is a day-to-day rollercoaster of emotion for her. I love her more than I can ever express, and I hate that I have put her in a position to feel betrayed in a sense. I do, though, feel like I have done the right thing -- I am confident that she will come around as long as we have open and honest communication. I have faith in her and our marriage!

TXSara

Aspiring Member
    Sara,

It's now been six months since I had the conversation I stand by my decision to tell but may have underestimated the ramifications of doing so.

All areas are of heightened emotion from how my wife copes with this news to my feelings of wanting to now push the boundaries.

With each day comes more hurdles and it is definitely the elephant in the room a lot of the time. My advice is to talk talk and talk some more if she will let you. But when you talk try to let her lead the conversation and always respond to negativity with reason and reassurance and never get frustrated or angry. Been down that road, it makes things worse.

Be the best husband you can be and prove you are not different since the news.

Tammy