My hope in sharing my transition story is that I can be an encouragement to some of the older girls here and give back something to this forum that I have received so much from.

I did not have much hope for any significant changes when I started HRT last November. I thought that at my age, 70 years, that if I saw anything it would take years. To my delight I was completely wrong!! I have experienced a deep change in my emotions to the point where I now cry easily at the joy and sadness of my life, on an almost daily basis. It is such a gift to me, as I was a very sensitive child that cried easily and soon learned that boys don't cry. I feel like I have been given back my original childhood emotions before they became repressed. The physical changes are equally amazing. My skin has become softer and my cheeks are much fuller, my face is looking already more feminine and results in makeup being much easier. The most amazing change is that I am already growing breasts that are obvious on my skinny chest! (I am 6', 152 lb) As a matter of fact, I have thrown out my breast forms and now go out with a simple, lightly padded bra and have clearly visible, although small, breasts. This is so confirming to me to have my natural breasts and not something made entirely of silicone.

It seem that my body is highly responsive to HRT. Possibly the most significant drug was the androgen blocker, as it was discovered in my pre-HRT blood tests that I already have a surprisingly high level of estrogen. (Two doctors in the clinic asked if I had not been taking estrogen on my own before I came to them-I was not) I am very happy, and will keep you all posted in the months ahead!