Thread: Three Months HRT at 70

Three Months HRT at 70

My hope in sharing my transition story is that I can be an encouragement to some of the older girls here and give back something to this forum that I have received so much from.

I did not have much hope for any significant changes when I started HRT last November. I thought that at my age, 70 years, that if I saw anything it would take years. To my delight I was completely wrong!! I have experienced a deep change in my emotions to the point where I now cry easily at the joy and sadness of my life, on an almost daily basis. It is such a gift to me, as I was a very sensitive child that cried easily and soon learned that boys don't cry. I feel like I have been given back my original childhood emotions before they became repressed. The physical changes are equally amazing. My skin has become softer and my cheeks are much fuller, my face is looking already more feminine and results in makeup being much easier. The most amazing change is that I am already growing breasts that are obvious on my skinny chest! (I am 6', 152 lb) As a matter of fact, I have thrown out my breast forms and now go out with a simple, lightly padded bra and have clearly visible, although small, breasts. This is so confirming to me to have my natural breasts and not something made entirely of silicone.

It seem that my body is highly responsive to HRT. Possibly the most significant drug was the androgen blocker, as it was discovered in my pre-HRT blood tests that I already have a surprisingly high level of estrogen. (Two doctors in the clinic asked if I had not been taking estrogen on my own before I came to them-I was not) I am very happy, and will keep you all posted in the months ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by DevorahK View Post
    The most amazing change is that I am already growing breasts that are obvious on my skinny chest! (I am 6', 152 lb) As a matter of fact, I have thrown out my breast forms and now go out with a simple, lightly padded bra and have clearly visible, although small, breasts. This is so confirming to me to have my natural breasts and not something made entirely of silicone.
    I felt the same way. Early in the process I developed tiny breasts that I'm sure only I could see, but knowing they were there helped me so much. Prior to hormones I wouldn't leave the house without forms on but once I knew I had breasts -- even if others couldn't see them -- I didn't need the forms any more and the one time I tried to use them as augmentation I couldn't bear to wear them -- I knew they were fake and they made me feel fake as well. But the best thing was that those tiny proto-breasts meant I could wake up, stumble into the bathroom looking a wreck and still see *me* in the mirror. So confirming, as you say.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

That's wonderful Devorah! I am coming up on 60 and wonder what effects hormones would have on me at this age. I haven't decided whether or not to go down that road but your results give me hope that maybe something similar would happen with me. I am very happy for you!!

I am on my second week of HRT at 65 yrs young. The doctor described my pre-HRT testosterone level (180) as a “post menopausal woman”. My estrogen level is also very low. So, I suppose I’m a blank slate! I have had laser hair removal on my less than hairy body with fabulous results. My facial hair removal was 80% successful, leaving lots of gray hair and some dark hair. I have started electrolysis. In 2 weeks, I have noticed the facial hair growth has slowed way down.

I am a bit more sensitive and emotional. I have not noticed any breast enhancement. I’m not expecting immediate results, but am anxious to “get the ball rolling”. What a journey!

Joyce dear, welcome to the journey! I did not notice any results until the second month, and then things really started to happen. This morning I had a good cry reading something very relevant and moving to me. Before HRT this would not happen, even though I had always known that I was a very sensitive child and cried easily. I had soon learned to repress it, because "boys don't cry." HRT has been a gift to be that I am still in awe of!

And soon a new joy and peace will come.... a centering you have not known and it will grow along with your emotions and heart.... may your journeys be blessed.
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day

Thanks Tommie! That was a sweet thing to say. Yes, it is happening and I am in awe.

Hi Devorah,
    Thanks for your post. It's very inspiring for me and this is the first time I post here in the transexuals section.
    These last two years had been a turnmoil for my mind because as I went out to wife, and even she's not completely happy with all my confessions about my bisexuality and cding thing, we arrive e to a wonderful confirmation of love each other and go through whatever we face to end our lives together.
    So now having a bit more freedom to express my innerwoman so many feelings and desires had changed. One very clear is that I'm not longer feel bisexual because I'd been with 4 women all my life (sex) but uncountables men. That had change my view even changing my promiscuity and focus on being the woman I want and it is taking me in this road of HRT.
    Monday I have my doctor appointment to see the plan. Therapist agreed with me and even wife doesn't know there's an implied agreement because our sex had almost dissapear but not the love.
    I'm very curious about how my body will react to it and your experience is very encouraging for me.
    Kisses,

Vanessa.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Six months on HRT

I wanted to post an update as I have now been six months on HRT, which includes a testosterone blocker and estrogen patches. I am very happy and still a bit in awe about how much I have changed. While I did go through a period of concern about negative effects two months ago, my physical health is now very stable and my energy level good. My breast growth continues, along with very tender nipples. I am very happy with it, way beyond any expectations. I have to admit that I love looking at my breasts in the mirror, they are beautiful and they are really mine! My skin is much smoother, and my life long problem with oily skin and the accompanying pimples and acne seems to be gone. Also, what is left of my body hair (I have been doing laser hair removal for 15 months) is finer and less visible.

People close to me notice how much more feminine I look and how happy I am. Of course this is not all due to HRT, but a combination of good therapy and a healthy spiritual life that has led me to a level of self acceptance that I had not dreamed possible.

I wonder how much longer the breast growth and highly sensitive nipple stage will continue? I do miss hugging and being hugged by my wife!

Thanks Dorit for the update!
    I'm just in the middle of the third week and additionally being sleeping all night long (what I didn't do for years) my nipples began a bit more sensitive and a bit swollen and hard.
    I imagine that estradiol can't fully work because the T blocker dose is too low at the beginning, just a quarter of the full dose and it'll be increased a very too weeks.
    Do you recall it?
    Last edited by Devi SM; 05-27-2018 at 09:55 AM.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Platinum Member
    I'm must preface by saying, today, I am only curious. Its a genuine curiosity and a new thing for me to contemplate.

Dorit, Joyce, Nessa, Pat.... what questions would you suggest that I ask myself?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Dorit,

When I read stories like yours' my heart just soars. The joyful affirmations such as you've offered are the best.
    I just came home from my 3rd Trans Support group meeting. I could actually return (dressed) and have a civil reasoned discussion with my beloved wife about "it".
    Makes me think there is hope. I often doubted we'd be at this point in our relationship addressing my transgender nature. When I read how your life has been affirmed at your age it gives me hope that something good will happen.

Thanks for sharing. My prayers follow you always.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.