Thread: I never would have imagined . . .

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

I never would have imagined . . .

. . . not when I first started crossdressing, not when it started to come back stronger in my 30's and 40's, not when I finally accepted it was part of me after that and not even when I thought I had become part of a community or two.

There are things that happen, and I willingly embrace and even celebrate, that I never would have imagined I would do, be part of or witness. Last night I attended the wedding of two transwomen I've come to love as dear friends. I was there presenting as Sarah, it wouldn't have been appropriate any other way. I sat and chatted with others, some leaders in the local LGBTQ+ community, some family and others who worked with one of the happy couple. The ceremony was wonderfully and lovingly officiated by a transman who understands the way a marriage impacts lives and had the words to bring us back to that understanding. Their love and the support of those in attendance made it a perfect example of what is right about their relationship and why I was there to celebrate their marriage vows. That experience is a highlight of my year so far and is something that never would have crossed my radar even 10 years ago, let alone following that first time wearing something not made for my gender.

Within the confines of this G-Rated forum , what have you seen or done or learned that you never imagined would be part of your life?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    That is such a great story Sarah. Your question at the end; well for me I certainly have done things in the recent past I never ever thought I would. Once I would never have stepped outside the house, I never had any communication of any kind with other CDers. Now I go for drives, for walks, buy items openly for myself, have friends on this forum, even had the chance (which unfortunately passed) to meet someone. So much progress and yet, even at my age, there is so much more I want to do.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I never would have imagined the now me. Or my wife and I being the best man and maid of honor at a wedding for two beautiful men that have been together for over 50 years before they tied the knot.

I never would have imagined going en femme, by myself, to a Las Vegas show.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I have gone to movies en fem, by myself never imagined that. I had fun doing that. And I felt like a women as eyes were on me even leaving. Walking to my truck. felt how unsafe that could be.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    I certainly never would have imagined it

Only 5 years ago I never imagined ever going out the front door dressed, but in the last 3 years I joined a Crossdressers support group and have attended almost every meeting they have once a month, I have been to 2 formal balls, 2 Christmas parties, many shopping trips that started out many kilometres away but now much closer to home, I have been to Kinky Boots the Musical, have been to the movies and to a Rock concert with a GG friend and tomorrow I'm driving 450 kilometres to spend 4 nights in a town Nth west of Sydney to see the sights fully dressed.
    Sophie Mosley

Like those posting previously, I to could not have envisaged my going out so freely and doing so many "normal" things while enfemme.

I think the thing I've been more pleasantly surprised by is the encounters both with others from within our diverse community and those from outside it. It had never entered my thinking that one day while enfemme I'd be having conversations with members of the general public (muggles) and for they to be so accepting.

When I was a kid in the 80's I never would have imagined there would be a day when I would go go outside my door as the real me. Or a day when I would go to collage, or grocery shopping, or even hold a job in which I was required to interact with the general public! A job at which my company openly acknowledges that I am one of the best in my location/branch!

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    The other day I was outside wearing breast forms shoveling snow. I was wearing a heavy coat which made it hard to tell, but hey, baby steps.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Too many to mention here, Sarah. But, most of them would never have happened without your support and encouragement when I was just starting to go out at Sherry at DLV! I can never thank u enuff for the joy u have added to my life!

I'm so glad Sarah got to experience a special moment in your life!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by arbon View Post
    I certainly never would have imagined it
    Congrats again ! Love it when two forum members find one another in the real world and fall in love ! Hugs,Ro

Silver Member
    I would never have had the courage to go out, even if limited, without the encouragement and invitation of forum sisters.

That I would find myself being invited by one of my transfriends to attend church services at her LGBT friendly church. I have attended services enfemme on at least three occassions and have been welcomed with open arms by other members of the congregation.
    It was very special on the Sunday before the Transgender Day of Awareness to have the female associate pastor preach about the significance of TDOA and later that service finding myself at the altar holding hands with two other transwomen receiving communion from the same associate pastor.

Platinum Member
    Hmmmm, a lot of very public outings for starters, but more personally surprising were the number of friends and business associates I came out to. It was one thing to mingle anonymously, quite another to have dinner (en femme) with a people I'd known for a number of years. I don't regret that one bit.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A ride in a helicopter with someone from this forum! Actually, the helicopter ride alone is something I would not have thought I would ever do! Thanks, Laura! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Interacted as a women with others.

It is so easy after the first time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congratulations and enjoy.