Thread: Isn't it ironic?

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar

Isn't it ironic?

Most of you who been following along know that my relationship dressing with my wife had evolved from hanging out together to her not wanting to see any of it. She will however buy me whatever I need.
    Today we go shopping for a waist cincher for her to ease some back pain she's been having. I convinced her that some support would make it less painful like a guy wearing a back support belt but this would be something feminine she could wear under her clothes undetected.
    At the store she finds a size small and heads to the dressing room. She comes out and tells me it's too small. She's a size 2.
    I asked how could it be too small? She said she couldn't close it. I said you know you need to close it first and step into it and pull it up right? She gave me a weird look and said no she didn't know that. She tried it again and it fit. She said her back felt better already. I told her to walk around a bit and than sit for awhile to see if it would roll down. Another weird look but she did and was convinced it was ok.
    We left and went to another store where she bought some leggings and a shirt. An obviously gay man cashed her out and a transwoman was working the register next to his. As we left I said to her she looked good. She agreed but didn't understand what I meant. I said you realize she's a transwoman right? She was like no, really? How can you tell? I said there were subtle "tells" that I picked up but she was well along her way. My wife says wow! She looks good! I would never have guessed! Good for her! She seemed so happy! As was like yeah she did! Walking back to the car I said to her you know this was torture right? She said why it didn't take that long? I said I meant all this shopping looking at womens things and me not getting anything. She said you got yours yesterday. Meaning the makeup we went to get. Today was my turn she said.
    So I guess overall she's ok with the whole thing but just doesn't want to see her husband dressed. Although I do catch her peaking in the early morning hours as the sun lightens the room and she thinks I'm asleep.

Natalie,

While you may look upon it as a backward step in so much as you no longer hang out together, there are a great many who would love to be in your situation.

It seems it's one of those times to count your blessings.

Appreciate you have a "Barbie" that you can shop with. Buying what ever you might need is a bonus. Count your blessings, companionship is a wonderful thing.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    My wife is indifferent about seeing me fully dressed up in person; we've been out together twice with me in fem mode. And she has seen me several times when I've gotten home from stand-up, but it's very brief before I dress down.

But at the same time she supports me doing stand-up as such, will look at pictures of me, and will pick up anything feminine that I need, though I'm never embarrassed to get things myself, just convenient when she is already out.

I would say that your situation is definitely not bad at all, it is what it is.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Natalie,
    The step backwards is normal and may proceed forward at a later stage, do not push the issue though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well is sounds like you talk about it and she's buying you things so I guess its ok, my wife accepts and I could dress in front of her as long as she controls how far I take the dressing. I tell her I don't care if she lets me dress in front of her or not, but we are going to find a happy medium that we are both going to be happy. In your case it doesn't sound like she wants to see you dressed but she's willing to buy things and giving you space, and sounds like there is a open communication about it. Never say never, my dad would tell me "if you want to live a happy life don't try to figure out a women.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I got all of it until the end, Natalie. What was she "peaking at"? Photos of Natalie on your computer?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Could it be that she was peaking for a glimpse of female clothing being worn to bed?

Natalie, maybe its my optimistic side, but i see it as a positive that you were able to say that the shopping trip was tough for you and her answer was pretty accepting of your pain... You will get there hopefully just some ups and downs along the way
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

So true.

Platinum Member
    Who is to say how her attitude may evolve from this point. Meeting the transwoman may well have stimulated some thinking on her part. Having botched my relationship by going too far, too fast, I have come to appreciate the patient approach. it may not get you where you were, or to where you might want to go, but each day and surprising incident works in your favor.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt