Thread: Spent a week wearing leggings

Aspiring Member

Spent a week wearing leggings

Last week, my family and I went on a skiing holiday.
    Some weeks ago, we went out and bought all the jackets, trousers/salopettes, and thermal base layers.
    The base layer consists of a close fitting, long sleeve shirt and long-johns.

I have to say, that the long-johns were terrible. To get the length of leg, I had to buy a size which had a huge waist. This made them really uncomfortable, and I felt like I'd always be pulling them up.

So, a week or two before we went, I bought some thermal leggings for my waist size, with a "long" leg. They fitted perfectly and were much more comfortable. Furthermore, they were warmer than ones which were designed for skiing. This was quite important because where we were skiing, the daytime temperatures were often around -10 Celsius (about 14 Fahrenheit).

So I spent the week with leggings on under my salopettes. My wife had no idea that they were not the skiing long-johns, and never said a word, because they looked almost exactly the same. Interestingly, unlike most womens' clothes, the leggings were labelled as "large" rather than as a dress size, so even that won't be a giveaway if my wife happens to see the label when she washes them.

It's funny how two almost identical products (except for the waist size) can be marketed and sold to men or women as ski base layer, but if they are sold as leggings they immediately become women only, yet a woman who wears leggings frequently did not notice the difference.

Holly you are right I use under armor to work out in and they are and feel the same as leggings. Some of my cold weather hunting gear that is a base layer are nylon and look like the leggings except they are mostly camo colored. No also have a pair made by Real Tree hunting gear that are solid black and they fit like skintight glove I love wearing them especially with a pair of panty hose under neath......They feel oh so good with my red high heels.

I wear fleece lined or athletic leggings under my work clothes all the time. I agree they are the best fitting and warmest things to wear. I tend to wear a smaller size for more compression.

Wore leggings all day Saturday in the workshop while cutting up Baltic birch plywood. By the afternoon, the leggings and wig looked like I had wiped out in a snow bank...or had a bad case of dandruff.

Been wearing tights or leggings under my ski suit for as long as I remember.

My ski suit is a womens suit also, no one comments.

Ski gear all looks the same except it sometimes opens on the other side.

Pink and white ski boots do give the plot away. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Whats going to happen when you wife figures it out?

I wear leggings and/tights for my cycling. The thing that annoys me most, purchase them from a cycling shop and they are expensive, but buy them from the women's section at any clothing shop, and they are a fraction of the price.

I also wear leggings to work under my construction clothes, sometimes I will change my clothes in the change room and no one never said anything. Sometimes when I get home I will take off my pants an walk around in my leggings and my family thinks there thermal long underwear, my son even commented on much more comfortable they look then his. There going to be in for a surprise when they see the Silk Brand label.

As far as comfort goes, leggings are superior to the long underwear marketed to men.

At the local athletic club there are lots of guys in leggings and, as far as I can tell, nobody cares.

Last week I wore leggings grocery shopping and I don't even think anyone noticed.

I've started to wear leggings more out in public, including hockey games with roughly 3000 people. Haven't had any negative reactions, had a guy ask were I got them from though. These leggings are being marketed to both male and female, like they should be. Like many other types of clothing, it's only stupid social/gender norms that say who can wear what. Especially when you consider men used to wear many articles of clothing that are now considered female. It was mostly because of war, a king or someone else who changed what male and females can wear.

About a year ago, I saw a GG I know in demin leggings, she said they were so comfortable. About 4 months back I was in Wally World and spotted so woman demin leggings so I got them. Have been wearing then once or twice a week since.

The main room was f our house is a little "drafty". After a 300 dollar gas bill for Jan we decded we needed to bundle up rather than running the heat all day. I looked for leggings for men. All i could finf were ther $60-100 Under Armr and Nike. I said to my wife, "i wish i could find some leggings like you have." She said order you some. I replied all I could find were the expensive ones. So shr says "order some womens".

So I did, pair of charcoal and navy.

She did not believe when they whowed up. Wore them all weekend. Put on a pair of shorts over them when her best friend and son came over for a while.

hello,
    I find that women's leggings fit better and cost less than men's long-johns - I wear them for walking on cold days under my trousers. Should anyone ask i am not just being practical!
    luv J

i got turned onto women's tights years ago when living in the mountains. The only way to go! Fit better, last longer, keep you booty much more warmer that long johns. My wife and i share our leggings. We have a bunch of them. Different patterns and colors. We love them during the winter months and wear them regurlarly, i enjoy the multh colored/patterned ones.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Whats going to happen when you wife figures it out?
    She did the laundry yesterday and when they came out of the drier, she said "Are these yours? Size Large". I thought she'd rumbled me, but she went on to comment that they looked too small for me. Of course, they stretch to fit and when they are washed, they snap back to their original size, so they did look smaller.
    She still has no idea that they are leggings, and by chance, they are made by a company that makes both mens' and womens' clothing, so she didn't get suspicious when she saw the label.
    So I don't think she's going to figure it out!

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGreene View Post
    She did the laundry yesterday and when they came out of the drier, she said "Are these yours? Size Large". I thought she'd rumbled me, but she went on to comment that they looked too small for me. Of course, they stretch to fit and when they are washed, they snap back to their original size, so they did look smaller.
    She still has no idea that they are leggings, and by chance, they are made by a company that makes both mens' and womens' clothing, so she didn't get suspicious when she saw the label.
    So I don't think she's going to figure it out!
    And who decided leggings are female only to begin with?

So I told my wife a week ago that some of the other guys were wearing there girls leggings. To stay warm. She asked if i was hinting to her . So on my way home that night I bought a pair. When I got home I put them on the counter she saw them. The next morning when getting ready for work she asked how my woman's leggings were I told her they were good. After that day I told her that they kept me warm and that I new why she liked them so much cause they were so comfy.since then I've bought 3 more pairs and I wear them every day. I've even gone as far as just wearing them around the house Holly you are so right that feeling is awsome

Aviatrix in Waiting Melanie Moxon's Avatar
    I started wearing thick tights whilst flying during winter, airfields are cold draughty places so they help keep my legs warm under my jeans, I could wear long johns I suppose but I'd rather wear tights.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    They sell leggings for men in the activewear ranges. Just have a look around any gym. I wear them all the time, have done for years, but only womens ones as there is more choice and better value. I simply do not understand the reluctance of some men to wear leggings, just cover with a long top to avoid any 'ballet dancer' look if you are lucky enough to suffer that infliction.

My favorite part about the ski season is wearing tights. I love having my body completely waxed at the beginning of the season and maintaining it throughout. I’m actually do for a wax next week. I always wear a pair of vanity fair panties with my tights. I wear a heavy denier pair of tights and no socks. My feet are so much more comfortable and warmer in a footed pair of tights than ski socks.

I could wear my compression skins in the winter but I choose to wear cotton leggings under my work pants.. might every now and then wear footless pantyhose too. Might even try u derdressi g this winter
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

You all like leggings so much, allow me to clue you into something even better. I've been wearing tights, leggings, even the cheap ones from the dollar store for a several years. A few months ago I purchased a black body suit from "Wish". Oh my, I like this thing. Full sleeves and zips up the back. It took me a minute to figure out how to zip in on my own but is it ever comfortable. You can put a big t-short over it, I actually bought a few blouses to go over it. Now I am looking at getting another one, low cut that zips up the front. For some of you it may be pushing the limits but in my opinion full body suits are awesome. Unfortunately, I wouldn't wear it to work because using the facilities would be too much work. But around the house, oh yeah. Wish some one would have clued me into these things years ago.

Alissa, thank you for the suggestion. I was always so envious of women wearing them under their ski outfits. My only concern is going to the bathroom with all my ski gear on. How hard is it to unzipper and pull down the top?

Wear leggings everyday in winter, its a lot warmer. Under my clothes when I go out.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen