Thread: Airport TSA and new member

Airport TSA and new member

I had a wonderful and very funny experience last month. I planned on bringing my fem clothes on a commercial flight. I decided not to check my luggage. After reading a post on here about silicone breasts I decided to inform the TSA agent that I had them in my carry on. She looked at me with a straight face and said you must be a Plastic Surgeon! I almost died laughing but I froze and didn’t say anything. She then said I must be a prosthetic rep with a smile. I kindly returned the smile but wish I told her they were for me, Nicole. She might have thought that anyway but was just being nice. BTW, I’m a new member and I love this website.

Welcome to our community - thanks for sharing your story

Welcome to the forum Nicole, yours isnot the first humourous encounter with the TSA.

At least she was pleasant and not intimidating.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You handled it well - can't do everything at once. You'll know when the time is right

Carole

Nicole, very nice story. Welcome to the forum.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I wonder if her guesses were based on previous experience with lame excuses? (At least she didn't ask if you lost a bet. ) You handled it perfectly.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Because you kept an straight face in those circumstances, remind me to never play poker with you.

There probably isn't a scenario the TSA agent hasn't seen or prepared for.

Banned Read only
    Welcome to the forum. I think the TSA agent was playing with you to the extent it would not get her in trouble if you made a complaint. If you did not check your luggage which my wife never does for a short trip, then surely there must have been some women's attire in the carry on bag along with the silicone breasts. By now I'm sure most TSA agents have encountered everything.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 02-21-2018 at 06:45 PM.

I’ve flown with women’s clothes in my carryon many times.
    Never had an issue or someone asking me questions. Heck! No one ever even opened my luggage!
    I’ve thought about taking other novelty items girls may pack for a trip but those for sure worry me about it being opened.
    xoxo,

Leah

"Man, I feel like a Woman!"

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Welcome Nicole, great story thanks for sharing

Platinum Member
    Hi Nicole , That was priceless,

Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home.

What ever questions that you have there is a 99.875 5 chance that one or more of us will have an answer for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >Orchid ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Thank you for all the nice welcoming comments. It feels amazing to be a part of such a wonderful group.

I was actually asked the same question when going through O’Hare in Chicago with my silicone forms in my carry on.

Cute story. I’m sure she knew. The TSA at ORD are an awesome bunch and they have seen everything!

I’m planning on going fully dressed next time, so hopefully it shouldn’t be a problem. I really feel a lot safer than I did almost 20 years when I first started going out dressed. I believe society and the law has become a lot more accepting.

Good for you, Nicole! It may have been my story from two weeks ago about me flying pretty that also mentioned my checked luggage had been checked both ways. I had my dress tech hips and another set of breasts in one of my bags.
    I wanted two sets of hips and breasts to alternate daily to keep the maintenance of them down. I had one set on and had no problems. It was the set in the checked that got the look from TSA.

I fly pretty again in two weeks for Keystone, let’s see what happens with the checked bag.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Hello Heidi,

Yes, thank you for giving me the encouragement needed. Enjoy your trip!

Nicole

Welcome Nicole! This is a fantastic place to learn and share. Your avatar shows you feel very comfortable with your look, but remember that the avatar is visible to web search, but the member's only sections and profile picture is not. 2 more posts and you will see the other parts of the site.
    The TSA are probably prompted wth options to say when finding unusual items that are not threats. As a physician, we also keep our cool and do not comment on things not relevant. If someone brings us a subject, then we try to be prepared with a comment. I saw a TG person as a patient and did not reveal myself, but did try to make them feel very comfortable.
    Hugs, Ellen

Hello Ellen,

Thank you for passing on your comments about remaining professional. It makes me feel a lot more comfortable, especially for future doctor appointments. I’m not sure I fully understand what “remember avatar is visible to web search”. Can you please explain further?

Hugs,
    Nicole

Nicoleli you probably did the right thing jus keeping your mouth shut in the airport. I lost a good pocket knife once because I argued with the TSA agent who wouldn't let me take it and run it back out to my truck. I don't think you'd had the same problem with the forms from everything I've read on here but might be embarrassing if if they had opened your bags and made a scene. I hope you find this site very educational and you are very welcome here. Many things about dressing, educational and personal experiences are found here to help us dressers. Enjoy the site I do.