Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your wife/partner know your "She Name"?

Does your wife/partner know your "She Name"?

After 30+ years of marriage, my wife and i have been through ups/downs and in betweens. Yet it still amaizes me at the openness we both have shared throughout the years. My wife has been supportive of my CD enjoyment and as she has adjusted has become even more supportive. Over this last weekend during a conversation, my wife asked me if i had a "She Name"? i told her i had chosen one and when she asked what is was, i told her. She smiled; didn't seem overly surprized, then commented that she liked it! Tammy! i had a chance to further tell her about our site and that she might find some answers and support from other wives who are members here. She may check it our or not. i'd be willing to bet she will and probably join after creating an alias. We talked for some time and it felt good to know that there were no secrets here.

Are you in a similar situation? What kind of responses did your other half have? Maybe you can't be as open? I'm sure there are a variety of interesting stories behind (no pun) many of the "She Names" here at home...

tammy

Hi Tammy
    Yes, my wife knows. We have a friend with the same name so she found that amusing.

Elizabeth

my name Diane was no secret and it wasn't a problem. I was asked if it was a name of someone I know (might have thought it was a girlfriend) but I said No, it's just a name I like and that was it.

Indeed, she does know my she name. And has used it out when i am fem out.
    Part Time Girl

Knows it. Uses it. It was actually her grand mother's name but that is not why it was picked.

Aspiring Member
    my wife when i first came out to her found my out my femme name on this site, now she is tolerant and if we are out dressed she calls me Giselle

Aspiring Member
    My wife does not know. She has never asked and I have never mentioned it.
    Sara

The night that I told her I dressed, of all the things that she could have asked. Asking my girl name was the first question.
    I always though that was strange.....l

Wife never ask me, we never had that conversation but knows I am on this chat group.

Hug Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Although we are very much in a DADT situation, my wife knows of "Leslie" and who "she" is.

Interestingly enough, the very few times that we do talk about my crossdressing (usually in a less-than-happy context), she seems to have no problem speaking of "her" as if she were a real live person, and - apparently without thinking - defaults to the proper gender-appropriate pronouns when doing so as well.

Yes she does. Sometimes calls me Andrea when Im in drab mode.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Yup she does.

I brought up with my wife several years ago about having a girl name and she wasn't interested plain and simple. I thought it would be convenient for when shopping I could say I think Danielle would like that or I could talk about having a Danielle day instead of calling it the generic dressup day. I decided it was not worth discussing further considering how tolerant she is of Danielle...er, I mean me.

No she does not and can not know. Harriette was a dancer that I lived with before I met my wife. My wife met her and still thinks that I carry a torch for her. BTW I used to dress in Harriette's leotards and tights almost every day. What ever happened to leotards?

My wife asked whether I had one when I told her what I was doing on my phone, which was typing a reply to a thread on this site. This was about a month ago.

Sami

My wife knew about my cross dressing before we were married. It wasn't until she decided to join a forum that I was on previously, that I told her the name I was using. At home I never used a separate femme name, because, in the first place, I have always felt like the same person, dressed or not, and in the second place, the diminutive of my male name is androgynous. It wasn't until I was well along my journey as a life long crossdresser that I realized that the younger generation's term "Gender Fluid" applied to me. I only chose the femme name because the site required it. It has come to suit me.

She was fine with it, as far as the site was concerned , but still only refers to me as the diminutive of my male name. I still use the name April on my other interactions, such as "First Event" and when I am at the Tiffany club.

Basically, I am not two people, I am one. Sometimes I do embroidery in pants or work on my bikes in a skirt.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Ah, no. My wife does not know my girl name. That's what DNDT is for. Buy, I'd be glad to tell her if she asks me.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 02-20-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I told her my first choice fem name years ago, she did not like it, so I haven't used it around her since.

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    My wife definitely knows. She’s the one who suggested I come up with an alternate name, ostensibly for needed layers of anonymity at the time. My birth name is gender-neutral (leans feminine), and I use it on limited occasion while in girl-mode.

I think she still needs to separate my outward presentations and the names help her.

My wife thought Leann was an ex and wanted to know why I was sending pictures to her. I then explained Leann was me and all she said was interesting and hasn't said anything else and that was 8 months ago

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Wife does not know. And that's a good thing. Daughter uses it like it's another person that's a bonus to having a Dad.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

She knows and uses it. Of course it’s not so different from my male name, but still ...

In all honesty, I’m not all that connected to my name. When I’m dressed, I’m still OK with being called by my normal name or using any gender pronouns. However, I have sent my wife a few emails from my fem account, and she’s aware but hasn’t really told me whether or not she likes it or hates it.

However, I always love the idea of her participating and encouraging me, so using a girl name or even giving me a name would be kinda cool.

Being my wife supports my dressing and we go out as often as we can. Always when out of town. So she does know Kelsey. Even my 7 year old daughters know Kelsey. or just plan Daddy. LOL.

Kelsey

Am I in a similar situation in regards to my SO just finding out my woman name? No. She has known since I figured out what it is. Honestly it was a different name for awhile. Her response to the name was not memorable. As in. It's just a name and she uses it when we go out sometimes but not that often. She doesn’t hate it. She just sees me, as I do as the same person no matter how I’m dressed. We use the female name mainly when we are out in boy girl mode and we are trying to keep it private. Or she’ll use it at home to give me a ribbing about cloths or mannerisms or what I’m watching. Like the red carpet for the Oscars and I recall a dress form years ago that is similar.

This name thing has been a merry go round. Do I really need one? Am I not the same person no matter how I dress? My wife sees me as the same person. I see myself as the same person. I act the same. I bit overly masculine in femme form and I would think a bit femme mannerisms in man mode. Plus I am not married to my given name at all. Call me what you want mostly. I think that stems from having a brother with a very similar sounding name and people getting out names mixed up since I can remember.

Cheers
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same