Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving 8 hours!

If you are dressed then use the woman's bathroom. should be no problem. Enjoy your trip.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    Steffi-Yes, male mode up and maybe femme mode back! Sort of looking at the first time in the ladies room as an adventure or???
    Ro-That was my first thought and if I was driving on I-95 I probably would go en femme! But I am going to try to avoid all the traffic around Balt and DC by taking I-81! Probably either would be OK but I will feel better checking it out on the way up! I guess I am just a little paranoid, too! But better safe than sorry!
    Safe from WHAT? Angry mobs with torches and forks ? I really am not sure what you are so afraid of happening...A zillion people drive those roads every day,there isn't banjo music playing at the rest stops..As far as peeing goes..Go in,pee,wash your hands and go out the door and into your car...What part of that is troublesome?

I have driven from VA to PA about 7 hours. I drive up Rt 13. It is pretty rural and there used to be a porta potty near Salisbury MD that I would stop in when needed. Once i went in and held the door for the next person in line. He said thanks and I smiled and kept moving. Feet don't fail me now. Several times I have driven off the main road and had to squat a pee a few times. Not proud but what is a girl to do? I wish you luck. It is sort of nerve wrecking for a while, but you become one with the road, just another person on the way to somewhere else. I was a great experience. Not sure if I would do it that way again, the potty and rest area was closed a few years ago and it is really disturbing trying to look for a country road to drop your panties to wee.

Dana-You are right if dressed-women's!
    Ro-If dressed, I will!
    MsEva-I would do that if necessary! LOL
    Thanks for your comments!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Reality Check
    RE: Restroom problem, It came to me as I was drifting off to sleep the other night. Target (the retail chain) has a policy that their restrooms are open to anyone who feels they belong. You can use the women's restroom if that's your preference.

They have taken a lot of grief for this policy and have suffered from some boycotts but you could just map out the Target stores along your route and when you need to use the restroom, head for one of them. According to their website, many of the stores already have single user restrooms and because of public reaction to their policy, they are planning to install single user restrooms in all their stores as soon as possible.
    Krisi

Silver Member
    When I've had to use a restroom in a gas station/minimart in drab, the mens rest room has almost always been for a single occupant. I'd guess the same would be true for the womens. On a driving trip I'm always fully en femme, so I will try same on my next trip. I avoid rest stops, as they have many stalls for women. Enjoy your trip!

Aspiring Member
    I drive Spokane - Portland - Salt Lake City from time to time. Spokane - Portland is the short trip at seven hours. The other two runs are twelve hours each. The long runs can be a long day. I may stop for the night in Boise if I get too tired. Full femme. No problems, restroom or otherwise, along the way.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    However your are dressed thats what restroom you use

Hi Lana

You mentioned that you routinely keep polished nails, and you have had your ears pierced - unless you're taking off the polish before going to Keystone you are already driving dressed, just a question of how much. If you do choose to use the ladies room walk up, walk in, and take care of things - standing in front of the door looking nervous will get you clocked faster than anything.

I used to be paranoid about the ladies room myself. On a road trip my wife pulled into a gas station after telling her I needed to go. We were in a rural area and it was a mom and pop kind of place. I hesitated and was really nervous about going in by myself and asking to use the restroom. She refused to leave until I went to the bathroom or wet my panties one. I squirmed for a minute or two and finally went in. No alarms went off, no locals with pitchforks, nothing just relief! Lady at the register was super nice and friendly. Got back out to the car and wife hands me my purse and tells me she wants a coke! I am thankful for a wife who supports me and gives me a kick in the rear when I need it.

Do what makes you comfortable. Most interstate rest areas have family restrooms should the need arise.

Most gas stations only have one restroom so you could use that if the need came up.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Krisi-Thanks for that info!
    Jenny-Thanks for the tip!
    Abby-Thanks for sharing!
    Tracii-That is how I always figured it!
    RachaelD-In and out-got it!
    RachelB-Thanks for sharing!
    Glenda-Yes that is what I was thinking! Thanks!
    Thanks everyone for the great advise!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post
    Most gas stations only have one restroom so you could use that if the need came up.
    That has not been my experience. The ones I've been to in this century have at least two, one for men and one for women.

It seems odd that they would have one for each rather than two "unisex" restrooms but it may be that state or local laws require this.
    Krisi

Krisi-I decided to go dressed and just wing it! LOL
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

can't believe there iis even a discussion about restrooms. Go ahead walk into the male restroom. I would be curious to see the reaction. If you look like a lady use the ladies its that simple. You could be a big, large hairy woman they clientele don't know and I would seriously doubt there would be any questioning
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Sallee-That is what I always said, if you look male go with the male restroom and if you look female use the female restroom! Otherwise you look out of place! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Right on Lana Mae I agree with you . Going in the men's room dressed as a female is just asking for trouble IMO.

Nothing makes a long drive more tolerable than wearing a skirt, hose and heels. I must say, keeping my legs together for that long was at first a challenge. It get easier.

Tracii-Thanks!
    Wearingtanpantyhose-Probably will wear flats for comfort on that long a drive! My feet will hurt enough without wearing heels! LOL
    Thanks for the responses!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Good choice, Lana Mae. There's a time for looking good and a time for comfort. Long drives are in the latter category.

Platinum Member
    On long drives, I always kick off my heels anyway.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt