Thread: Had an amazing Sunday night walking around town....

Had an amazing Sunday night walking around town....

Hi all -

I have ventured outside a couple of times now but this past Sunday night was my longest and nicest time yet. I walked around the streets of Manhattan for probably an hour in a burgundy dress, black boots, some clip-in hair and a fairly decent makeup job (for me). I do not shave and am fairly bulky so for any chance of looking fem I had to stay fairly covered up, so I had a winter jacket on and a winter hat too.

I walked down into a subway station and past a group of fratty guys that in a prior life could have been me. But on this night I traded the gelled hair and collared shirt for lipstick, earrings and a dress.

I walked past a construction site and had one man stop and make eye contact - no idea if he thought I looked pretty or if he knew he was looking at a dude in drag.

I had a cab driver stop to see if I needed a ride - part of me wonders if he saw a lady alone in the street or just another person from a distance.

I am taking baby steps but I have yet to interact with others on the street, part of me is nervous because I was alone and another part is just nervous not knowing how others will react. Gosh I wish I had known of a local bar that I could have stopped in and said hello to somebody, knowing I’d be fully accepted. But until next time i will keep dreaming!

My profile pic is a screenshot from a video I made that night. There was nice lighting at that point that covers the 5 o’clock shadow that I can’t seem to fully rid myself of - damn Mediterranean genes!

Congratulations on your great walk around town.

Well done!! we all start somewhere, sounds like you had a great time!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

If yu have any questuons about experiences walking in cities and going out, you can ask me. I've done it many many times and really enjoy going out en femme. Any advise, go for it. Doreen

All the cabby saw was a potential fare.

Walking around the city at nght is okay as long as there are people around.

After about two AM the crowds get pretty thin and it is not a good Idea to be out by yourself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Eventually you’ll stop wondering what these strangers think and focus on the rest of the experience of being out. But do be careful...get out there early, when the streets are busy and saf.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Happy for you SDress, must be fun, but would not be alone at night..Would be wise to have a partner.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

You look awesome! If your walk is OK, then nobody is going to think you're "a dude in drag." Like Kim says, after a while you stop worrying about what other see and just enjoy the experience. Congratulations.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Thank you! Though I will still say it was just the lighting at that moment, lol. Thanks all for the feedback.

Sounds like you had a pleasant even gout strolling around. That's got to boost your confidence in getting out.

Well done to you hope you had a good time out there, Like others have said, just be careful especially as it gets later in the evening. I have no idea what Manhattan is like but if like a lot of big cities you have to wonder who's hanging around in the shadows. your comment about the cab reminded me of something I did many years ago.
    my wife and i went out in the car to have a look at a bill board to get a phone number. I stopped in a lay bye so that we could walk back. I was dressed in a brown knee length leather skirt and cardigan, we got the phone number and started walking back to the car only 100 mtrs or so. we were nearly back and then we had a damn great artic lorry pull up beside us, bear in mind that this was on a busy major trunk road (dual carriage way). he asked if we were ok then went on his way after we said we were fine. We then got to the lay bye and this car pulled in I watched in amusement and panic as the young driver struggled to get out via the passenger door, again we assured him we were fine and he stomped off. climbed back in via the passenger door and tried to speed off. I was please to get back to our car and out of sight. I would hope that these people had good intentions but you never know.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Nice story. Like you I am at the going out but not interacting stage. I've not been anywhere really busy but am building up to a walk around my local city center soon. Last Wednesday I was out walking in the evening and a group of kids, about 11-12ish age group approached. And, I just walked straight through them and not one gave me a second look, left me with a strange mixed feeling of relief and elation. Let us know more of your travels.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Silver Member
    Hi! Early in your post you said you said you do not shave. Your last comment said 5 o'clock shadow, implying that you had shaved.
    I'm curious as to which is correct?

I meant I do not shave the body outside of chest. Face is shaved.

next time you are looking for a neighborhood bar in Manhattan, come on down to the East Village and try the Delancey on Delancey St near the Williamsburg Bridge, or the Parkside Lounge on Houston near Avenue C. Neither is a tranny hangout as such, but you might find at least moi at either one, along with regular neighborhood lunatics of every description. Or try any of the many bars on Avenue A between Houston and 14th, you will not have any trouble.

Sounds like you had a great time. SDress, try it in the day.
    Part Time Girl

Love hearing stories like this. I can't wait to make a trip out soon.

Ah-May-Lee
    I use to wander the streets of Manhattan at night many times. Sometimes for work, lol. The old Times Square area, Lower East Side. Went to many nightclubs. Manhattan more likely has changed since then, nightclubs are gone, but still it must be fun walking round there.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Thanks! I’ve actually been to the Delancey, as a guy though lol. Part of my fear was how to get down there (I am in the UES)

Aspiring Member
    Loved the story glad it all went well for you! Checked the profile pic and you look fab! More fuel added to my 'get out there' fire

I love to read stories like that.

My wife and I went with some girlfriends out in NYC a few weeks ago. I had a wonderful time. We hit some lower Manhattan clubs. Nothing like wearing high heels and a dress lol. I have done it before but not like this.

It was a fun time and I loved that my wife participated as well. Although it also started a dialogue as to how Amanda fits in and whether we want to be girlfriends or a couple when en-fem). It is possible that I tried too much to fit as a female and my wife started to see me as one (at least was getting confused how I am presenting to people outside).

Glad you were able to do it SDress - next time “just own it” and go out (it is easier in a group though). Btw your pic looks great - good job.

Thank you! Definitely one of my all time “fantasies”- hitting up a nightclub in a sexy dress and some stilettos 👠