Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Buy Dresses and Clothes even know you can't dress?

Do You Buy Dresses and Clothes even know you can't dress?

I haven't had a chance to dress full makeup, wig, etc in almost a year but recently I started dress shopping.
    I don't know when I'll get a chance to wear them!

Do You Buy Dresses and Clothes even know you can't wear them?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Silver Member
    While I can wear them, I might not get around to it for a while. I did go through a period where I didn't dress much so I guess the answer was yes.

Yes Judy I have and do. Just the joy of shopping and dreaming about wearing does something for me. It’s all part of the fun.

Yes - I suspect I like to shop

I occasionally buy a dress and not wear it for six months.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

No, i never buy clothes unless i intend to wear them.
    Firstly, i have to make my CDing budget stretch so there would be no point spending money on things i am never going to wear.
    Secondly, buying something that i couldn't wear because i knew my wife wouldn't like it would somehow feel like i was undermining her tolerance of my CDing and risking damage to our relationship.
    Last edited by Krea; 02-22-2018 at 04:51 AM.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    No. Spending money, a finite resource, on something I am not going to wear would silly and environmentally irresponsible like buying food I am not going to eat.

The short answer is yes. I try to be frugal about it but I have panties that I have yet to wear and a dress that I have not worn in a year.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I only buy fem-wear to wear.
    Only things are some high heels that I've never worn out in public, but do at home.

And I have a few dresses that I bought on sale that are a tad too small; I keep them, however, in case I happen to size myself down to fit them.

My dressing situation at home is quite restricted because of new roomies, even though they are cool people.

But I might be dressing up at a friend's studio where she shares the small building with the high heel store she sold.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Dresses, I did, but got tired of wearing them...now I like skirts and frilly top better.

Yes I buy clothes that I will only wear on occasion.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I buy dresses when I don't have any chance of wearing them in the near future.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There are a couple of my dresses that I will likely never get a chance to wear out of the house but I couldn't resist them. Also, my opportunities to dress as of late are limited yet I still like to buy new things so I guess that's my long winded way of saying yes.

Aspiring Member
    I will if it is a good deal and I think I will wear them at later time. But I have a shopping problem.
    Sara

I do the same thing, I just don't understand why

Yes I do. I am a little bit picky, and I love to go shopping. So, when I find something that I like, and looks OK on me, I buy it, even if I know I may not wear it for a while.
    Stephanie

I have warn everything I have bought, however I might not have worn them out of the house.

Reality Check
    First of all, I can dress so I don't have this problem. But, if I couldn't dress I wouldn't be buying dresses just to have to hide them. If you're hiding your dressing from someone, the less "stuff" you have to hide, the better. And as some have said, why waste money on something you're not going to use?
    Krisi

I've never been in your situation where I can't dress, but back when I was married with kids and used to take my long weekends away every month or so I use to buy all the time. Only fully dressing one weekend a month I'd accumulate a huge and ridiculous amount of clothes. When I'd have my weekend, I'd load up the whole back of my Suburban. Most of this stuff was thrift store finds, so I didn't have a ton of money invested. Sometimes I'd try it on in the hotel and never wear it out. I'd just re-donate it. Even counting only the clothes I kept, I probably had 10 times what my wife did, and only dressed 2 or 3 days a month. I don't accumulate anymore. I have one walk-in closet that holds everything, and when it starts getting crowded I cull a lot of it. Part of the deal is shopping is what I do when I'm dressed. I'm going to change that, but that's been my habit. When I shop, I buy. The result is an obscene amount of clothes. In my own defense, clothes are my thing. Not golf, not fishing or hunting, not a lot of things that are expensive to do. Not that I have to explain it to anybody anymore. I almost never pay full price. I shop at thrift stores and department store clearance racks. I have no idea how much I spend in a year, but it's worth it!

BTW, Judy, I don't see how you do it! I'd be taking frequent "business trips".

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    Do You Buy Dresses and Clothes even know you can't wear them?
    I can understand doing it. If you can't dress but you still have the need to express feminine then I can understand buying clothes as a sort of psychic band-aid. It might be more practical to focus on some other aspect of femininity than clothing -- something you can do. But clothing is such a big, visible signal that I understand the fixation.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Read only
    I buy way too many dresses and undergarments. It's not that I will never wear them. It's just I have too many. This week I am expecting the post office to drop off dress #160. I have to maintain a word document listing all my dresses with pictures so I do not buy the same dress again on eBay. I have way too many slips, bras and panties. If I was not married I'd have those dresses hanging in my walk in closet and those undergarments neatly laid out in dresser draws.

I think my buying is a form of retail therapy. Buying clothes I may never wear but once or twice offsets the fact I cannot freely express myself when I want. Judy, I suspect your relationship with your wife is leading you to do exactly that....maintain your sanity under an adverse situation. Go buy a dress! It'll make you feel better.

Judy I have bought a dress or two and I called it an impulse buy because I might not get to dress for a while. I usually get my wife to buy it for me though as I'm not out. I have several tops and one dress that still has the tags on it and it's been several years since we bought it at Lane Bryant. I have started taking better care of myself and my wife has me on a trim healthy moms diet and I've gotten skinnier so the dress may not even fit now. Recently my wife lost a lot of weight and bought all new clothes so she gave me a bunch of good tops and pants. I'm still dressing out of her stack of old clothes.

I have never bought anything that I didn't plan on wearing the minute I got home with it. it would be pointless to do so and a huge waste of money
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I buy clothes with the full intention of wearing them, doesn't always happen though. I already have more clothes than I need, but sometimes something catches your eye and you just have to have it. Right now I spend more on accessories than clothes.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I buy with the intention of wearing, but sometimes I don’t know when that will be.

I have in the past bought femme clothes, knowing I had no place to wear them. I have curbed my buying tremendously (have more dresses than my wife), but once in a while I just need to buy something. Today for instance, was in a thrift store, saw a pair of jean shorts ($4.95). Guess I bought them to ease the pain. I'll wear them when the weather warms.