Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recognition at Last

Recognition at Last

Hello everyone,

After years and years of knowing and over five and half years crossing many bridges (with the NHS UK) my journey to get recognition finally ends and I start a new journey of life as the person I know I am;

Just to say, I was informed late yesterday that I have been granted a Full Gender Recognition Certificate by the UK Government Gender Recognition Panel. This now legally classes me as female. I'm very pleased;

Janice 😁🙋

awesome news, congratulations, so happy for you.
    xxx Pam
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Thanks Pam;

Janice that is nice to hear and so very happy for you.
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Brilliant news Janice!!

Time to but careful with the
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Thank you Leann and Rianna for your lovely comments;

Congratulations! Very sorry it takes so long for people to believe your truth, but so happy for you that the day has arrived.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Go Janice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Untitled
    I recall when mine arrived in the post, I tears of joy.

It is such a liberating feeling, now comes the paper chase, Birth Certificate to start arty:
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Thanks Pat, yes a long time coming, thanks Helen and Nigella, yes still things to do...

Congratulations! I live in the USA so I'm unfamiliar with the process in the UK for legally changing one's gender. Does it really take more than 5 years to legally change it? Why does it take so long? What is involved in the process?

Untitled
    Mirya

The length of time to obtain a Gender Recognition Certificate depends upon what route you apply via. I have included a link to the Government web site which explains the different routes, if you cannot see the link, because it is a UK government web site, let me know, but it explains the process.

The UK has only one document that will recognise gender on a legal basis, that is the Birth Certificate, this cannot be changed without a Gender Recognition Certificate.

I could have obtained the certificate pretty early as I had been living as a woman for the required length of time. The issue I had at the time was that the UK would not recognise same sex marriage (this has now changed), if I wanted that one piece of paper to say I was female, I had to get a divorce, this I was not prepared to do.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Hi Mirya

I am at present writing a full length description of the route I have taken to get a Gender Recognition Certificate. I will mail this to you when finished if you wish which will explain why it takes so long. It is lengthy in detail so I will not post it here, but when finished I would be happy to forward it on to any interested parties. But I have to finish completing this first.

Congrats Janice rock on

Hugs
    Rachel
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

I am happy for you!

Thanks Rachel and Devorahk,

My Certificate arrived today special delivery in the post, I was waiting for the post man to arrive...I'm very pleased

Nigella: Thank you for the link to the UK website. If I'm understanding it correctly, the minimum time required for legal gender recognition is 2 years? How difficult is it to get the diagnosis for gender dysphoria? Does that take a while too?

Janice: I'd be interested in reading your description whenever you happen to get around to finishing it, but please there's no hurry.

No doubt the best piece of mail you ever got!
    Marie

Spot on Marie

So pleased for you Janice. Congratulations!!
    HE doesn't know what SHE wants because HE doesn't know who SHE is

Thank you Arian for your good wishes;

To add a final note:

Today 9th March 2018, I received (special delivery) through the post my New Birth Certificate, which I am now very happy with.

It identifies under the category 'sex' Girl!! Sent me all bubbly inside when I read it...

Janice:

Happy Birthday Janice!
    Everyone: We all need to party in celebration of Janice's legal rebirth.
    Last edited by MarieTS; 03-10-2018 at 03:52 AM.
    Marie

Thank you Marie,

Funny enough I am out tonight with friends and a glass or two of wine to celebrate;

i got a local recognition last night. It's the first time I've attended the annual residents association for years, and while they'd been told before about my transition, this was my first formal meeting. It was lovely, I felt treated as a woman by everyone, they used my name and right pronouns, and one member who's losing his marbles a bit asked "who's she?" (now last last bit made my day!). I had lovely chats afterwards and feel more included in the neighbourhood than ever before.

Recognition comes in many shapes and sizes. :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er